View Single Post
Old
  (#140)
Mikjary
Droppin' a Fauci
Mikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2300

01-12-2015, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Wiley View Post
Yes, Mike, we are witnessing the rotation games at an all time low. Despite what some say, it's not the pro's fault at all, they just basically "follow orders" from the promoters. This has been a big mistake because they are now making about $2 an hour for all their work (on the average).

It's such a great game, it's sad to see it where it is now. I have the remedy, however, there's never any guarantees. I have been conditioning myself to work 8-12 a day (plus playing tournaments several times a week) so if it doesn't succeed it won't be from a lack of promotion. The key to "pro motion" is motion.

I liked reading that "Wrist Thread" today, it brought back a lot of memories. Did you notice that the same ones are still critics after 27 months, you'd think they'd at least try my techniques, but we both know they never will......their cups are overflowing.
I like some of the ideas Paul Schofield is implementing in his tourneys and bringing attention to what's broke with the break (see what I did there?). Players should never rack their own, but there's got to be a solution to giving your opponent a slug rack.

The only thing I can think of besides a neutral racker, is policing by the refs after complaints and penalizing obvious bad racking. And who's to say what constitutes a bad rack? Until the racking dilemma is fixed, we got a problem.

Keep on pro-moting! We need as much as we can get to get back on the radar. Sponsors need to believe we are worth their time. I think we also need to watch who is doing the promoting if we get a Pepsi, Ford, or other industry giant.

A bad promoter can either sign away the farm or be too tough to deal with in negotiations. Ultimately, that's up to the players and who they think will represent them the best.

The wrist thread has its detractors, that's for sure. And they may be anti-CJ, too. Anything you say or do is immediately something they don't agree with. At least they're consistent in their beliefs.

You create conversation in these forums, so an audience for your promotional ideas will be easy. You'll probably have to take some of it with a grain of salt and compare the Wrist thread fans with your critics to get a valid cross section of any ideas you may have. Just throw out the high score and the low score and average the middle. That gets rid of the fringe and puts you where you need to be.

Best,
Mike