New pool company, help pick our name!

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was thinking Nit Nation, or Bangers, but what do I know. ;)

If those two don't grab your short hairs, how about "I married my handicap" billiards apparel? :)

Or...."Calcutta billiards - I buy myself for $20, and sell myself for $15." How strong is that? :eek: :D

Mustardeer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My choice is go with “Rack ‘ Em Up”...........universally known and accepted to mean let’s play some pool.
Really distinct name to recall and building a brand image & your advertising should be a lot easier for you.

Great name too for a pool parlor. I tried getting a trademark 20 yrs ago but it was denied for being viewed
as a colloquial expression and also popular & common usage. I think it is a great fit for a pool room name.

Matt B.

I hear you, a bit of a cliche though. Maybe a pool room, not a streetwear brand. I’m looking for something strong and fresh.

DennisG

Registered
Hill Hill

Logo could be two small sets of pool ball colored numbered scorekeeper balls on a rod with say race to 5 ( or any length race but not too long gets too large) and 4 of the balls pushed over left with 5 ball on right of each rod or 5 ball on the right of left rod and left of right rod putting both final balls in the center. . Another spin off logo could be, in hill hill race to 5 for instance "4-4"

If it was a race to 9 it would have the nine ball at the ends, which has some significance, but again depending on the scale might make it too large or if you make the overall appearance small enough, too hard to see the balls, too small

Last edited:

Mustardeer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hill Hill

Logo could be two small sets of pool ball colored numbered scorekeeper balls on a rod with say race to 5 ( or any length race but not too long gets too large) and 4 of the balls pushed over left with 5 ball on right of each rod or 5 ball on the right of left rod and left of right rod putting both final balls in the center. . Another spin off logo could be, in hill hill race to 5 for instance "4-4"

If it was a race to 9 it would have the nine ball at the ends, which has some significance, but again depending on the scale might make it too large or if you make the overall appearance small enough, too hard to see the balls, too small

Yeah HILL HILL was on the list. It’s not a bad one. Problem is, if someone is wearing a Hill Hill shirt it doesnt make one feel he’s a strong player. For example “Beast” would be more intimidating. Monster is another one but it’s a cliche.

DennisG

Registered
Hill Hill is more about the excitement of the game of pool, not about the individual player. Wearing the shirt projects your enthusiasm for the game.

Wearing a shirt that projects some type of strength to make the player feel like he is strong doesn't necessarily relate to pool much and in fact can be embarrassing if the player is a hack wearing an "I'm a beast" shirt. :)

But if that is the route you want to go how about "Great White" with a shark logo. It has the pool "shark" reference and the great white shark is the most deadly of all the sharks

Maybe the shark logo can have 9 balls for eyes(eye)

It could also be appealing to non pool players. If the name and logo is too specific to what only a pool insider would recognize, it will not have a chance with the population at large

Last edited:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not going to fear a stranger due to the brand of clothes they are wearing, regardless of the name. LOL

I would advise if someone is wearing a Members Only jacket and walking towards you with their hand in the pocket, it MIGHT be a mob hit. :thumbup:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Didn't realize this was a big budget marketing operation.

Masse may not strike fear, but how about "masse shooting"?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

butera.jpg

Speedie

Registered
Jacked Up Billiard Apparel
Foul Play Billiard Apparel
Got Balls Billiard Apparel
Chalk It Up Billiard Apparel

I like the bolded one for the double meaning. I'd remember it for sure.

I've launched and run / sold more online businesses than I care to remember and branded pretty much all of them. One thing that I do during the naming process is tell 10 friends the shortlist of names that I'm thinking of, then call or email them 4 or 5 days later and ask which ones they remember. Look for common recollections between all of them. I read this thread earlier this morning and a couple of hours later "Jacked Up Billiard Apparel" is the only suggestion that I could recall.

Since clothing is often sold "off the rack" and rack is also a pool term, I think it would be good to work that into the name somewhere e.g.:

Rack Attack
The Rack Pack
Rack Tack

Etc etc. It's early and I need more coffee, but you get the idea :smile:

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
You need W8. It won't get better than that right chere...I don't need the Hundo...but I'd love to get a t shirt or two please. And I'll place an order also. I might put UNEEDW8 on my ride here in Tennessee just to rep for you...no charge for that one either. Matt D.

Tjteeple

Registered
Playing off of RKC, Backer's Billiard Gear (Backer's Clothing is already a thing)
Carom Clothing, Caroms
Dead Stroke/Dead Nuts
On The Wire Clothing/Gear
Get Out
Ghost Billiards (since the ghost always wins)
Hot Seat
Locked Up/Lockup
Road Warrior/Roadmap
Shimmed
Skunk'd
Spotters
Stake'd
In Line Gear
Swept
Takedown
Wired
X-pack (like running a 4-pack)

fishless

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bringing Billiards Apparel
Backstroke Apparel
Sure Stroke Apparel
Billiard Life Apparel
Our Game Apparel
Competition Apparel
4 Corners Apparel
For The Record Apparel

Last edited:

nibrobus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stacks (Staxx, some other stylized spelling)
Dead Money
Easy Money
High Stakes (or just Stakes)
HeavyWeight
Flex
Bankroll
Busted

Last edited: