considering new cue

henrylr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi all,
I've been using an Abe Rich cue i got in 1963, now with OB 2+ shaft about 5 years ago and it plays well. Recently I started looking for a new cue and and Schon and a few others seem to be highly rated. I always thought the shaft and tip were the key to a good player. Why would a Schon or other high end cue be a better player? I don't want to waste my money and I run 3 plus racks in straight pool.

Thanks,
henrylrjr

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi all,
I've been using an Abe Rich cue i got in 1963, now with OB 2+ shaft about 5 years ago and it plays well. Recently I started looking for a new cue and and Schon and a few others seem to be highly rated. I always thought the shaft and tip were the key to a good player. Why would a Schon or other high end cue be a better player? I don't want to waste my money and I run 3 plus racks in straight pool.

Thanks,
henrylrjr

If you play well with the one you have, there is no reason to buy another one.

If you ran three racks of 14.1, I'm sure the "cue" wasn't the reason you missed when you did.

I shoot just about the same with all of my cues, but I knew going in that a new cue wasn't going to make me shoot any better...I just wanted something new to play around with.

However, if I were you and wanted to try something "new", I'd buy a carbon fiber shaft to fit the butt you have when the prices start coming down.

I have two carbon fiber shafts, a Becue and a Meucci Pro, and they both play well.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi all,

Thanks,
henrylrjr
Save your $$$ and spend it on pool time, good whiskey and cigars. Well, that's what i'd do anyway. ;)

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got a Lucasi about 10 years ago.
Nice cue plays well.
Then I got a Peachauer.
Sold the Pech and went back to the Lucasi.
Then I got a McFadden custom.
Sold the McFadden and went back to the Lucasi.
Then i got a Troy Downey.
The Downey sits in a case as a back up cue.
I'm now back to the old Lucasi.

Sometimes the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence.

L I F D 1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My intent is not to muddy the waters, but...
Take a look at the Prather Custom Cue website, their blanks are spot on.
(just sayin')

fram6878

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Nice cue plays well.

Then I got a Peachauer.

Agreed. I bought my old Prather cue after selling it twice. I use LD shafts but weight distribution Is spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
a

I think Schon would be a good choice,

Your OB2+ shaft is 11.75 mm, pro taper, ultra low deflection.
Is that the type of shaft you want to stay with?

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Save your $$$ and spend it on pool time, good whiskey and cigars. Well, that's what i'd do anyway. ;)

This is an old thread, but I had to say that this may be one of the best posts I’ve ever seen on an Internet forum!

Alexequith

Nice cue plays well.
Then I got a Peachauer.

Lucasi is my favorite as well.