F.S. - Indicator Holders for Taig Carriages (revisisted)

hdgis1

Holders are in stock and ready to be shipped!

It seems there are all kinds of attachments available for full size lathes, there aren't many available for the Taig style lathes. I enjoy doing repair work but was not excited about the whole prospect of "eyeball it and cross your fingers" when it comes to trimming tips, boring, etc.

Attached are a couple of images of what I am offering. It is very simple to use and will hold any standard 3/8 stem dial indicator. Mounting is easy and shouldn't pose a problem for anyone capable of basic cue repair. These will fit on Taig style carriages. Mine is mounted on one of Todd's lathes and I love it! Will also fit Chris Hightowers two smaller lathe. Not the Deluxe!

All that is needed is the drilling and tapping of 2 #6-32 holes in the carriage body. It is important to keep the body of the holder parallel to the cross slide. I just used a couple thin pieces of shim stock and all was good. Location of both pieces depends on the stem length of your indicator and whether it has 1/2" or 1" travel. Please note that you will need to remove/modify the center gib screw such that a longer allen key can be used.

Price is going to be $55 shipped anywhere in the US. No international buyers unless you want to use a friend here in the states as a middle man. I just don't have time to do all the paper work to get them out of the country. All screws will be included. Drill bits, taps, and indicator are not!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. PM me for paypal....

Thanks!
Chris :thumbup:

P.S. - Although these are bagged in Woodcraft bags, they are not being sold by Woodcraft! I work there and the boss said it was Ok to use some of his bags!

Attachments

• DRO_1.jpg
    DRO_1.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 1,050
  • DRO_2.jpg
    DRO_2.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 964
  • DRO_3.jpg
    DRO_3.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 1,026
  • stock-in.jpg
    stock-in.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 966
Last edited:

Guerra Cues

I build one cue at a time
Silver Member
Quick question. Are you familiar with Unique Products Taper Shaper? I would be interested on something like this to offset the taper bar. Just a thought.

hdgis1

Quick question. Are you familiar with Unique Products Taper Shaper? I would be interested on something like this to offset the taper bar. Just a thought.

I know of it but have no idea beyond that. Is there a website I can check it out at?
Chris