Vegan Tip Option

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How about Brushed Cotton Canvas (or Hemp) saturated with a Potting compound. Cut into discs and shaped???

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
How about Brushed Cotton Canvas (or Hemp) saturated with a Potting compound. Cut into discs and shaped???

The ‘potting compound’ will sound good to a British snooker player....:D

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The ‘potting compound’ will sound good to a British snooker player....:D

Didn't even think of that lol. I work with a "hard rubber" Potting compound and thought of a cue maker who made a vs of Phenolic canvas tips way back...

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Veganism

What does she do when she encounters a table with leather drop pockets?

Veganism is a mental disorder. I don't care if someone is vegan, except when it becomes child abuse. I care when they agitate to impose it on others. A case in point is the banning of sale of fur products in California starting in 2023.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Didn't Outsville sell a synthetic tip? I don't remember if it was a break tip, but I think
he was selling a synthetic tip, not sure if they still are. I think I have one, one of the Ki-Tech tips, I believe

Last edited:

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

My first thoughts were some sort of hemp laminate. Any suggestions for resin?

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Hypocritical.

Conventional and organic produce farms use pesticide.

If you eat, something was killed.

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That "thinking" sounds pretty disordered to me.

pj
chgo
People who deny or eschew a fundamental aspect of their existence out of sentimentality, or personification of animals, or for virtue signaling or to exhibit social superiority, have a mental disorder. People are harming themselves by pursuing such a diet. Many children are harmed, some killed, by vegan diets. Vitamin supplements alone are not enough.

"Getting enough healthy fats is essential for growth and development. Young kids, in particular, need enough of them in their diet to help the brain and nervous system develop normally.

"Besides supplying fuel for the body, fats:

• help the body absorb some vitamins (vitamins A, D, E, and K are fat soluble, meaning they can only be absorbed if there's fat in a person's diet)
  • are the building blocks of hormones
  • insulate all nervous system tissues in the body
  • help people feel full, so they're less likely to overeat"

While one can consume vegetable fats, animal fat is a far superior source, nutritionally.

Without a doctor's or nutritionist's care, you can harm yourself and your children keeping a vegan diet.

Am I to take it that you think veganism is perfectly fine, and normal?

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
Got some news for vegans.

Animals need to die even for you to have your vegetables.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2Pyu-Cj0gg

To be honest, even the fruits and vegetables we know today are the result of our early ancestors using selective breeding. So to be completely green and free of the great evil that is progress, they would have to go back to eating the crop on the left. The right most example is what we have created. This also goes down to the nice eco-friendly wool sweaters people wear this time of year ... we engineered that fluffy wool coat over thousands of years.

Attachments

• evocorn.jpg
    evocorn.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 227

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That "thinking" sounds pretty disordered to me.

pj
chgo

Vegans say that "animal exploitation itself is a crime against nature and decency." Yet, they are denying the nature of virtually all creatures on earth, man included, in saying that.

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
No wars were EVER won by men who based their diet on plants alone. Tommy D.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
People who deny or eschew a fundamental aspect of their existence out of sentimentality, or personification of animals, or for virtue signaling or to exhibit social superiority, have a mental disorder. People are harming themselves by pursuing such a diet. Many children are harmed, some killed, by vegan diets. Vitamin supplements alone are not enough.

"Getting enough healthy fats is essential for growth and development. Young kids, in particular, need enough of them in their diet to help the brain and nervous system develop normally.

"Besides supplying fuel for the body, fats:

• help the body absorb some vitamins (vitamins A, D, E, and K are fat soluble, meaning they can only be absorbed if there's fat in a person's diet)
  • are the building blocks of hormones
  • insulate all nervous system tissues in the body
  • help people feel full, so they're less likely to overeat"

While one can consume vegetable fats, animal fat is a far superior source, nutritionally.

Without a doctor's or nutritionist's care, you can harm yourself and your children keeping a vegan diet.

Am I to take it that you think veganism is perfectly fine, and normal?
Worthwhile reading for everybody.
I tried no red meat for a few years....got severe headaches from a protein deficiency.
...less than a week of eating some beef, they went away.

Another thing vegans haven’t thought out very well...if we all stopped dining on animals...
...we would end up being surrounded by zillions of them.
It would be like the British importing rabbits to Australia...no natural enemies...
...and they bred like...uh...rabbits.

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
This thread is will just make the bashers reply .

Nah, just wondering what tables someone would use this tip on?

"
Raw materials are the basis of any product, and that applies to billiard cloths too. It is therefore vital to make the right choice of types of wool to be used in order to obtain the yarns that are best suited to the various cloths. All Iwan Simonis billiard cloths are woven from yarns that are either 100% wool or wool combined with a small amount of nylon."

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nah, just wondering what tables someone would use this tip on?

"
Raw materials are the basis of any product, and that applies to billiard cloths too. It is therefore vital to make the right choice of types of wool to be used in order to obtain the yarns that are best suited to the various cloths. All Iwan Simonis billiard cloths are woven from yarns that are either 100% wool or wool combined with a small amount of nylon."

Excellent point. "Real," committed vegans can't play pool, except on specially prepared tables using synthetic-only cloth and non-leather pockets and tips.

('Though some vegans say that buying used wool clothing is O.K., since the profits aren't going directly to those who exploit sheep, a specious argument, at best.)

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Excellent point. "Real," committed vegans can't play pool, except on specially prepared tables using synthetic-only cloth and non-leather pockets and tips.

('Though some vegans say that buying used wool clothing is O.K., since the profits aren't going directly to those who exploit sheep, a specious argument, at best.)
Good point. If they can't use leather tip then wool cloth and leather pockets would really be sacrilegious. Better be sure their case is 100% synthetic also. Crazy.

Last edited:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Worthwhile reading for everybody.
I tried no red meat for a few years....got severe headaches from a protein deficiency.
...less than a week of eating some beef, they went away.

Another thing vegans haven’t thought out very well...if we all stopped dining on animals...
...we would end up being surrounded by zillions of them.
It would be like the British importing rabbits to Australia...no natural enemies...
...and they bred like...uh...rabbits.

Actually, that is false PT. Most animals are bred for feeding. If folks stopped eating beef and chickens, there wouldn't be a glut of cows and chickens roaming the planet because the farm factories would just stop producing them if nobody was buying them. :)

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
She has been playing with a leather tip, but said that she'd prefer not to if there were decent alternatives.
I played a match against her once and had to quit half-way thru. The clopping of her wooden shoes drove me nuts.

Arnaldo ;)