Book Finally Coming?

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, I guess she typed without understanding what you wrote, with a attitude like that who cares if the book ever comes out.

Stan has been dodging scam bullets shot at him by the Aiming Police for over a decade. Sometimes it is a little tough to tell a blank from the real thing especially during
the heat of a hundred posts during a short span of time.

If you don’t care about the book, no problem.

Connie Shuffettt

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can we try this again in plain english? Why did you produce a video that proved throw on shots where you said there was no throw, and then refuse to acknowledge the obvious?

Stan is aware of the existence of throw.
Years ago he’d teach:
Use a little outside to get the cue ball off of the object ball for slow speeds
Use a little speed to get cue ball off of the object ball
Use draw to get the cue ball away from the object ball
Use draw and outside together to get the cue ball off of the object ball

All of this still matters.

Stan’s point is that the CTE over-cut shot line negates the use of the above principles for many, many shot situations.

Stan can’t simplify it any further. If you can’t comprehend it, too bad.

Connie Shuffett

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Years ago he’d teach:

Stan’s point is that the CTE over-cut shot line negates the use of the above principles for many, many shot situations.

Connie Shuffett

As soon as I get a handle on tea leaves and lamb entrails I’m going to give Stan’s system another go, lol.

Lou Figueroa
I promise

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As soon as I get a handle on tea leaves and lamb entrails I’m going to give Stan’s system another go, lol.

Lou Figueroa
I promise

The chances of anything positive from the most prolific anti-CTEer of all time is slim to none.

Connie Shuffett

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Years ago he’d teach:

Connie Shuffett

Thanks for the reply, but we weren't talking about how to "get the cue ball off" from the object ball.

Simply put, for any given shot, does the ball throw by different amounts when hitting hard vs soft while using CTE? It's kind of a yes or no question.

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the reply, but we weren't talking about how to "get the cue ball off" from the object ball.

Simply put, for any given shot, does the ball throw by different amounts when hitting hard vs soft while using CTE? It's kind of a yes or no question.

Stan has said plenty in this thread about throw and CTE. A yes or a no is not necessary.
Your interrogation of Stan on this topic is over.

Connie Shuffett

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About the same odds off getting anything coherent from Connie/Stan.

Lou Figueroa
place your bets

I don’t think you could win if your assertion was placed into a bet. There’s been plenty of straight forward information given by Connie/Stan in this thread.

Connie Shuffett

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t think you could win if your assertion was placed into a bet. There’s been plenty of straight forward information given by Connie/Stan in this thread.

Connie Shuffett

That's par for the course:

Plenty of straight forward info; it's been explained many times before (inaccurately by Stan himself); you cannot comprehend it.

Nothing new.

Lou Figueroa
yawn

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's par for the course:

Plenty of straight forward info; it's been explained many times before (inaccurately by Stan himself); you cannot comprehend it.

Nothing new.

Lou Figueroa
yawn

That’s your only out and the readers know it.

Connie Shuffett

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
Over cutting a ball can only be determined after a shot is attempted not before.

It is a result.

Oh yeah........why does CTE only work on a 1x2 ratio table? This has never been answered.

What I don’t understand is why it matters so much to Stan and you what these yahoos think. What they think sure doesn’t matter to me and I don’t waste my time trying to convert them.

And........balls don’t have edges........nor can you hit 1/2 a ball..........

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those of you who wonder why there has been 20 years of bickering and bans on the subject of CTE, here's a great illustration. I've summarized my questions pertaining to Stan's comments on throw in this thread. Each * is a separate post. Then is "Connie's" reply, which sounds an awful lot like Stan's typical replies.

I think I'm asking a pretty straightforward question to try and clear up a glaring contradiction and the answers are either deflections or insults, concluding with a door being slammed. Maybe it is because Stan and/or Connie were teachers for their whole lives that they do not tolerate being questioned?

I have to assume the book was written with a similar amount of clarity.

*Can you explain again why it is that balls don't throw any more or less when you hit soft or hard when using CTE?

*You're deflecting the issue again. I shared a video of your own making that proves your statements to be false, yet you wish it away and blame everybody for not accepting your deflection as an answer.

*No idea what you are talking about. I can show you the video I am talking about later when I have more time.

*Stan said throw doesn't have to be worried about with CTE because CTE puts you to an overcut and throw is a non factor. Speed of shot does not matter because of this... What he didn't realize is that there was a good inch of throw plain as day. I made a short video showing this obvious fact but Stan was in denial.

*Can we try this again in plain english? Why did you produce a video that proved throw on shots where you said there was no throw, and then refuse to acknowledge the obvious?

*Simply put, for any given shot, does the ball throw by different amounts when hitting hard vs soft while using CTE? It's kind of a yes or no question.

*Center cue ball works great for slow or hard speeds. There’s not a lot difference when it comes to CTE. The over-cut alignment handles each of the speeds quite well. Stun speeds are the ones to be concerned about the most

*Your video proves nothing.

*Let’s get together and bet something worthwhile about Stan’s false statements that you have proven. You have not proven a thing.

*Stan is not going to continue this ping pong conversation with you. It’s fruitless to keep this going on when you so virtually nothing about CTE PRO ONE.

*Real CTE yields an over-cut line to the core of the ghost ball. The over-cut line fosters center cue ball shots, shot after shot after shot. Are there situations when throw can be problematic-yes. For the most part a CTE player is as free as a bird to use center cue ball as wanted.

*Stan’s point is that the CTE over-cut shot line negates the use of the above principles for many, many shot situations.

*Stan has said plenty in this thread about throw and CTE. A yes or a no is not necessary.
Your interrogation of Stan on this topic is over.

Connie Shuffett

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But at least there's an entertainment factor. :D
I personally don't see the entertainment factor, but I have already seen most of the same comments in this thread, in dozens of other threads. Sorta like watching the same tv show 100 times and thinking something different will happen.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I personally don't see the entertainment factor, but I have already seen most of the same comments in this thread, in dozens of other threads. Sorta like watching the same tv show 100 times and thinking something different will happen.

Actually we did get some news about the current status of the book. That will serve as a benchmark in a year when we ask the same question.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually we did get some news about the current status of the book. That will serve as a benchmark in a year when we ask the same question.

This thread Connie has said there is a book coming out, I have been hearing that for a few years now, really nothing new. Maybe it's at the publisher, maybe they are looking for a publisher, diagrams still need to be inserted or not.

The most entertaining thing has been Connie posting. I guess there is a soulmate for everyone out there though cause I can't tell a difference between when Connie posts and Stan posts.

They must have some cute discussions about CTE over the dinner table every night, talking about the ignorant people on AZ.

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This thread Connie has said there is a book coming out, I have been hearing that for a few years now, really nothing new. Maybe it's at the publisher, maybe they are looking for a publisher, diagrams still need to be inserted or not.

The most entertaining thing has been Connie posting. I guess there is a soulmate for everyone out there though cause I can't tell a difference between when Connie posts and Stan posts.

They must have some cute discussions about CTE over the dinner table every night, talking about the ignorant people on AZ.

Thanks!

Since retirement a few years back, I decided to get up to speed on a lot that Stan is involved with poolwise. I am co-owner of justcueit and am involved in many duties to keep our business in order. I will likely launch a justcueit/CTE PRO ONE product store at some point after our website is rebuilt.

Working with Stan on his book project for the past five years has been an eye opening experience. I might even show up at DCC this year.

Connie Shuffett