Changing tip, change fiber pad?

cycopath

Call me Banger.
Silver Member
I put a tip on a friend's Revo a while back. He brought it back in a couple days when the tip popped off. He told me that Predator says you are suppose to change the fiber pad every time you change the tip.

Is that the general consensus with the rest of you guys?

scdiveteam

Rick Geschrey
Silver Member
I put a tip on a friend's Revo a while back. He brought it back in a couple days when the tip popped off. He told me that Predator says you are suppose to change the fiber pad every time you change the tip.

Hi,

I put a fiber pad on every tip I do because over time if you take a face cut on the ferrule it gets smaller.

I never cut the pads off because it defeats my prime directive. If you face your existing pad down, scratch it with 100 grit and glue a new pad on you wont have any problems.

JMO,

rick

Last edited:

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Your friend is wrong. The V-tek pad is good til about .010. After that it should be changed with another V-tek pad. If you can leave part of the old tip on when changing tips, this will make the V-tek last much longer.
Hope this helps.

CuesRus1973

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your friend is wrong. The V-tek pad is good til about .010. After that it should be changed with another V-tek pad. If you can leave part of the old tip on when changing tips, this will make the V-tek last much longer.
Hope this helps.

This.

If you mess up a Revo, you mess up a $500.00 shaft. Be prepared.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This.

If you mess up a Revo, you mess up a $500.00 shaft. Be prepared.

Amen brother. More importantly, inspect everyone when you get it. People love to try and do what we do and don't say a word. This clown says he's a friend. NO, he's not. Protect yourself!

IMG_20200319_225218.jpg
IMG_20200319_225207-1.jpg

pip9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Mike -

Do you have any vtek silencer pads?

Thx,

PHIL

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Mike -

Do you have any vtek silencer pads?

Thx,

PHIL

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Hi Phil
I do. But on agreement with Predator, I'm not allowed to give them out. They are pretty funny about it. I don't agree with all thier rules but I try to follow them. You have to get them from Predator.

pip9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Phil
I do. But on agreement with Predator, I'm not allowed to give them out. They are pretty funny about it. I don't agree with all thier rules but I try to follow them. You have to get them from Predator.

Hi Mike -

Do you have a contact at Predator whom I can talk to? I've tried using their website "contact us" in the past and didn't get much help.

You can email me at pip9ball@gmail.com.

Thanks,

Phil