K67 profile cushions

redwolf88

Registered
Been looking online to replace my K66 cushions . I came across an eBay listing showing a 100% gum black rubber cushions.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/K66-Pool-Table-Cushion-Set-of-6-BLACK-/253259369914?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

K67 Billiard cushion used on high end tables that require K66 profile rubber. This is the same profile as K66 cushion except that it does not have the "groove" in the back side.So does not having the groove affect the rebound action of the cushion. I can see the adhesion effect of no groove being better. anyone have any experience with these cushions

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
I have no experience with these. However, you should contact Fred Taylor, of Penguin Amusement. He is very knowledgeable, and a very nice guy. I'm sure that he would be happy to answer any of your questions.

https://penguin-brand.com/

And please, report back to us after.

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
I have no experience with these. However, you should contact Fred Taylor, of Penguin Amusement. He is very knowledgeable, and a very nice guy. I'm sure that he would be happy to answer any of your questions.

https://penguin-brand.com/

And please, report back to us after.
They look and seem to be a lot like Accufast cushions by Olhausen....except they are affordable... and I agree Fred is a great guy!

Last edited:

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
looks suspicious to me. If you go to the Penguin website they don't show those cushions even being available. If you look at the pics it still has the groove in the backside, it was just filled in with some kind of material. Those are definitely not Accu-fast cushions.

redwolf88

Registered
I thought that also, the fact that you can actually see the fill in rather than an extrusion change, where there would be no seems struck me as strange. Also I would think that the curved shape of the grove would add strength to the rebound as an arch shape offers greater strength and resilience than a flat surface.

PoolTable911

Silver Member
I thought that also, the fact that you can actually see the fill in rather than an extrusion change, where there would be no seems struck me as strange. Also I would think that the curved shape of the grove would add strength to the rebound as an arch shape offers greater strength and resilience than a flat surface.

Olhausen has been using the flat back cushion since the early 90’s. They are the number one selling US made tables for years.

redwolf88

Registered
Well there goes that theory of flat vs groove cushion response. Olhausen would know if you needed the grove or not.I can't wait til consumers report does an article on this. Just have to listen to some of the experiences of the people on this forum, thanks

PoolTable911

Silver Member
Well there goes that theory of flat vs groove cushion response. Olhausen would know if you needed the grove or not.I can't wait til consumers report does an article on this. Just have to listen to some of the experiences of the people on this forum, thanks

Is this a serious response or tongue & cheek. I am sure consumer reports is just waiting on doing a report on pool cushions.

redwolf88

Registered
It was a tongue in cheek reply, I could not find an emoji should have used a LOL or at the least an (hehehe). I do enjoy these forums though, as there are few people out there that would have these discussions. I always have been a technical guy who pours overs specs but it is a rare ad for cushions that lists durometer measurement you are lucky to get length measurement . If and when I buy and install these cushions I will update this thread. I hesitate to replace the cushions now as just playing eight ball against myself during the day and sometimes night is keeping me sane during this covid and political *****ing going on all the time on TV and internet.