ppbtour.com new site by Tim Dennis

our_auctionguy

The Wall.....
Silver Member
Okay, I be snoopin agin and looksy what I find in it's infancy registered to none other than NACPBA's own TJD Web Solutions. Somethin is stewin in the pot.

http://ppbtour.com/

Last edited:

worriedbeef

The Voice of Reason
Silver Member
smashmouth said:
these twits don't give up

what's with the negativity?

they haven't harmed the pool world in any way at all so let's give em a chance.

the greatest possible thing that could happen to the pool world is a multi-million dollar self sustainable tour for the pro's and cleans up the game.

these people are going to try to achieve that. let's wish em the best.

our_auctionguy

The Wall.....
Silver Member
worriedbeef said:
what's with the negativity?

they haven't harmed the pool world in any way at all so let's give em a chance.

the greatest possible thing that could happen to the pool world is a multi-million dollar self sustainable tour for the pro's and cleans up the game.

these people are going to try to achieve that. let's wish em the best.
My sentiments exactly. This new site is a work in progress and has some interesting hints at what is planned to come, such as a magazine called "Inside The PPB Tour".

I only posted for those who might like to keep tabs on the progress and latest info.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems they are trying to hustle money out of non-pros. "Come join our ref team" Just fill out an application, and I bet they will come back with a $500 fee for training and certification. When I see the schedule change from venue to be announced to a solid place, only then will this thing be for real. Actually, only after the first event actually happens will I think this is not a scam, or another "well, we tried" deal.

Drew

Got a little dog in you?
Silver Member
hang-the-9 said:
Seems they are trying to hustle money out of non-pros. "Come join our ref team" Just fill out an application, and I bet they will come back with a $500 fee for training and certification. When I see the schedule change from venue to be announced to a solid place, only then will this thing be for real. Actually, only after the first event actually happens will I think this is not a scam, or another "well, we tried" deal.

But don't discourage them before anything happens. What if their potential investors read this forum and decide to back out of it?

ScottW

Fo' shizzle!
Silver Member
At least they're consistent. Site #2 has as many typos and instances of bad grammar as site #1. :D

hejests

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What I can't understand is why go live with a site that's just plainly not ready to be live? It's just not the way it's done. Mysteries abound!

Jack Flanagan

P. T. Barnum was right !
Silver Member
their different levels of membership sound like alumni donation requests at a college or university.

I think there needs to be a v-bookie betting line on who the first pro to sign up will be. ;)

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Many sites go live pre opening....

hejests said:
What I can't understand is why go live with a site that's just plainly not ready to be live? It's just not the way it's done. Mysteries abound!

Many sites will go live before opening and just not advertise it, to test the live functionality of the site and then run bots on it to see if it holds up to the abuses that are expected....

I just wish everyone would stop going off half cocked for the very reason that was already mentioned... If potential investors see all of the negativity, then they may decide it is not worth the risk...

our_auctionguy

The Wall.....
Silver Member
Partially true...

Jaden said:
Many sites will go live before opening and just not advertise it, to test the live functionality of the site and then run bots on it to see if it holds up to the abuses that are expected....

I just wish everyone would stop going off half cocked for the very reason that was already mentioned... If potential investors see all of the negativity, then they may decide it is not worth the risk...

I have to admit, this has been a lingering question in my mind and Greg of Diamond tables can attest to my concerns as I pm'd him privately if making public announcements regarding the status of his table order for 36 tables was really sanctioned by them as I felt it might be something they wanted to keep as a private business transaction as would many companies. He replied publicly on the forum that it was sanctioned by them and even posted thier emails.

I know what it is to create a website but not advertise it. That is why I said it is a "work in progress" with hints as to what appears to be in the planning stages for NACPBA. Sort of a "behind the scenes" look for interested parties to look at and hopefully see that there is work in other areas such as planned future publications, referee signup, public education, etc. I saw it as being a chance for each of us individually to watch and follow for our own personal information and evaluation. I honestly believe it is NOT A SCAM in the making. As a person who has investigated international internet scams and telecommunications fraud, I say this with prior experience in successful investigations, many of which have culminated as Federal agency investigations by the Secret Service. If it were a fraudulent endeavor, I would be telling everyone so in the loudest of words. I am the originator of skepticism and work from that angle until I prove something differently. Follow my posts and you will see the turnaround. I now see it is an evolving business plan that has real people with real intentions with access to real money behind it, and it going to see a lot of real bumps in the road as it already is seeing because it is a huge undertaking that they have announced.

Rather than use this post as a sounding board, I ask that others use the new website information I have provided for their own private view of changes as they occur and not use this thread as a "Let's beat them into submission " thread. Hopefully, everyone on AZBilliards agrees that if NACPBA can become a reality, it is all for the good of the sport we love. That being said, let us Please unite and wish this to come true and support the effort or keep silent until it has culminated on its own in success or failure. If it fails to fully materialize, please let us not have to look back and ask if we were a major reason why it failed. Please give peace a chance.

This post can die now that most everyone knows about the new website. I ask that the bashing stop here and the prayers or wishes it come to fruition begin. Let us try and unite for once as many showed we did to help a young lady we did not know when she got stiffed on her final paycheck after the sale of the business she worked for. That was true charity on everyone's part. We are all good hearted enough to at least try and support the ideals proposed by NACPBA and give it a real chance and our moral support at this point. As one of the least mature people on this forum with my crude jokes and all, I want to show maturity and acceptance of this as a true endeavor. If I can do it, I know the rest of you can.

Thank you.
Larry Swindle
(with my last name, you might understand why I have been involved in busting the criminal element and can't sell used cars for a living.)

Last edited:

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
Sounds like a pretty reasonable request, Larry. They deserve a chance. I look forward to watching the longevity of their business plan and wish them all the best regards into making their endeavors a legitimate reality.
:p

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll bet on Mark Tadd...since he's already signed up. So did Anna Kostanian... I'm with the group who says, "hey, let's see what they actually do", rather than the negative lot who suggest that this is another scam.:rolleyes:

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Jack Flanagan said:
their different levels of membership sound like alumni donation requests at a college or university.

I think there needs to be a v-bookie betting line on who the first pro to sign up will be. ;)

av84fun

Banned
our_auctionguy said:
I have to admit, this has been a lingering question in my mind and Greg of Diamond tables can attest to my concerns as I pm'd him privately if making public announcements regarding the status of his table order for 36 tables was really sanctioned by them as I felt it might be something they wanted to keep as a private business transaction as would many companies. He replied publicly on the forum that it was sanctioned by them and even posted thier emails.

I know what it is to create a website but not advertise it. That is why I said it is a "work in progress" with hints as to what appears to be in the planning stages for NACPBA. Sort of a "behind the scenes" look for interested parties to look at and hopefully see that there is work in other areas such as planned future publications, referee signup, public education, etc. I saw it as being a chance for each of us individually to watch and follow for our own personal information and evaluation. I honestly believe it is NOT A SCAM in the making. As a person who has investigated international internet scams and telecommunications fraud, I say this with prior experience in successful investigations, many of which have culminated as Federal agency investigations by the Secret Service. If it were a fraudulent endeavor, I would be telling everyone so in the loudest of words. I am the originator of skepticism and work from that angle until I prove something differently. Follow my posts and you will see the turnaround. I now see it is an evolving business plan that has real people with real intentions with access to real money behind it, and it going to see a lot of real bumps in the road as it already is seeing because it is a huge undertaking that they have announced.

Rather than use this post as a sounding board, I ask that others use the new website information I have provided for their own private view of changes as they occur and not use this thread as a "Let's beat them into submission " thread. Hopefully, everyone on AZBilliards agrees that if NACPBA can become a reality, it is all for the good of the sport we love. That being said, let us Please unite and wish this to come true and support the effort or keep silent until it has culminated on its own in success or failure. If it fails to fully materialize, please let us not have to look back and ask if we were a major reason why it failed. Please give peace a chance.

This post can die now that most everyone knows about the new website. I ask that the bashing stop here and the prayers or wishes it come to fruition begin. Let us try and unite for once as many showed we did to help a young lady we did not know when she got stiffed on her final paycheck after the sale of the business she worked for. That was true charity on everyone's part. We are all good hearted enough to at least try and support the ideals proposed by NACPBA and give it a real chance and our moral support at this point. As one of the least mature people on this forum with my crude jokes and all, I want to show maturity and acceptance of this as a true endeavor. If I can do it, I know the rest of you can.

Thank you.
Larry Swindle
(with my last name, you might understand why I have been involved in busting the criminal element and can't sell used cars for a living.)

I am NOT making fun of your name...if that's what it is. But you can imagine that such a name raises curiosity regarding whether your post is genuine or a clever joke.

If your post is genuine, I would take the following exception to it.

With all due respect to your background in internet scams, no one who does not know these people intimately cannot KNOW that at this point, one way or the other.

I now see it is an evolving business plan that has real people with real intentions with access to real money behind it,

How do you know that?

Taking the most liberal attitude possible regarding these people, so far the evolution of the plan...replete with misspellings, typos and poor grammar, is amateurish at best and would raise suspicion in all but the most gullible mind.

If your post was satirical, it was very funny.

Regards,
Jim

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Scott Lee said:
I'll bet on Mark Tadd...since he's already signed up. So did Anna Kostanian... I'm with the group who says, "hey, let's see what they actually do", rather than the negative lot who suggest that this is another scam.:rolleyes:

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Add me to the list too.

Da Poet

Pool is Cool
Silver Member
Blackjack said:
Add me to the list too.

I'm sorry Blackjack, but I believe your license to be a "Prophet of Doom" may just have been revoked! :D

The IPT is in a permanent coma and is old news anyways. Gotta come up with something to usher in the new era! :D

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Da Poet said:
I'm sorry Blackjack, but I believe your license to be a "Prophet of Doom" may just have been revoked! :D

The IPT is in a permanent coma and is old news anyways. Gotta come up with something to usher in the new era! :D

FTR

I tried to sell the rights to the "Prophet of Doom" moniker to Tony Robles last year - cheap.

He didn't want it.

I can live with it.

lol