1 cushion challenge

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
This game (and hell, straight rail too) kill my ego. Very humbling.

I'm not lying when I say my 3C average is better than my 1C. Which is NOT saying my 3C average is good.

As mr dietel said the first time i got him playing straight tail on my table

"Look how hard this EASY game is"

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Last yr i tried a drill i thought would improve my game
To try and run 10, 3 times a day in 1 cushion
Really damn hard, i mighta ran 10 4 times all week

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
for those wanting to learn about 1 cushion, xavier gretillat, 50 something swiss titles, multiple european titles

has a video archive with commentary on runs for straight rail, balkline and 1 cushion

https://xaviergretillat.com/

Attachments

• XAVER.jpg
    XAVER.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 135

kevoka

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quick question - more out of curiosity as I will not be trying to win a prize, but am using this as an incentive, but does the streak have to start with a break or can we just start with a given setup?

I have reached 11 with a given start up position.

Yes, half pregnant can be a real thing. :)

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Does not have to be from the break shot as that gets mich harder

In the lesson video on the front page caudron starts from the rail nurse close to the corner and gets to 29
Even he runs into trouble, but he knows how to get out of it lol

Good for you with an 11
Trying to get a 10 run a day is tough enough for me
for now

jeagle64

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ouch man I didn’t see that. I could have easily drawn to short rail also. I remember that shot too. Im still trying. I need a ref to count and call the hits. Lol
I been getting 15-25 point about half the time. I’ve got 17-18 before I had to spread them a couple times too.

Sent from my iPad using AzBilliards Forums

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Ouch man I didn’t see that. I could have easily drawn to short rail also. I remember that shot too. Im still trying. I need a ref to count and call the hits. Lol
I been getting 15-25 point about half the time. I’ve got 17-18 before I had to spread them a couple times too.

Get yourself a clicker counter that goes on your waist band
Theyre cheap

I have this one

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32794...nting-Clicker-Counter-Click-Timer-Golf-Points

jeagle64

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got one. I’m better off not knowing really. Lol I usually loose count about 20 cause the shots get harder and I’m concentrating more. Really fun game thanks for the challenge!

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
I know what you mean
Im the same way when i get into the second rack of 14.1
Lol

Very happy you and others are enjoying this great game

jeagle64

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
challenge

I got to 30!

I figured I had to get way better at the small points to have a chance at 30 so I practiced for hours and got to where I could run 15-20 before I had to spread the balls. This run I ran 28 before I had to "break em" lol. #24 & #28 made me sweat but #30 rolled up perfect.

It really helped starting on the other side of the table because the first gather shot usually was across the table rather that long ways so it was way easier to get them back together that way. I learned a lot about short angles, banks, controlling hits on both balls, speed control, spin shots, draws, masse shots and mostly that I could use work in all those areas.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6BL88tjj2MAs4kb40SGQcw?view_as=subscriber

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Excellent job man

I was going to suggest playing them toward the corner and short rail instead of away but you figured it out

Pm me your address for the wall banner

jeagle64

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That last billiard made I just didn’t see it until I reviewed the tape. Dang it! I may still be shooting. Lol.