JB Cases is the Man

The Hulk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For the last few months I have been contemplating on retiring my old Dennis Swift case as my primary carrying case. So I got on the JB cases website and started messing around with the case creator and came up with this beauty. I just want to thank JB Cases for making this process a wonderful experience for me. They provided great communication and the timeframe was just as quoted. The best part is my new case came out better than expected!!! They even went above and beyond by giving me matching leather handles when I only paid extra for the leather top handle option.

Now for the details on the awesome case I received. I drew inspiration for this case from one of my favorite humorous pool related YouTube videos: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_q4jEPmHFa8 . This case was special to me because I was stationed at Elmendorf AFB in Anchorage Alaska from 2008 to 2012. Durning my tenure there I became quick pal’s with Black AL (RIP) the house man at Action Billiards. So every time I look at this case I chuckle/crack a smile and it brings back a few fond pool stories. Thanks again JB cases!
d3f835d177d336cd640b752153453dce.jpg
45c617cb3aa787df222010504669c272.jpg
8b0bbb629b2145c3510b9b65f2f79ff1.jpg

Last edited:

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats !

How is the fit and finish compared to other makers and their rugged line. I know there are a lot of other Rugged lines out there.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Congrats !

How is the fit and finish compared to other makers and their rugged line. I know there are a lot of other Rugged lines out there.

No there are no other Rugged(tm) lines out there other than JB Cases Rugged (tm) models.

There are knockoffs out there which are attempting to copy the LOOK of the rugged line but they are not well built and are poor imitations of the JB Cases Rugged (tm) Model cases.

Rugged is the TRADEMARKED name of a case model that is made by JB Cases (R).

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
For the last few months I have been contemplating on retiring my old Dennis Swift case as my primary carrying case. So I got on the JB cases website and started messing around with the case creator and came up with this beauty. I just want to thank JB Cases for making this process a wonderful experience for me. They provided great communication and the timeframe was just as quoted. The best part is my new case came out better than expected!!! They even went above and beyond by giving me matching leather handles when I only paid extra for the leather top handle option.

Now for the details on the awesome case I received. I drew inspiration for this case from one of my favorite humorous pool related YouTube videos: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_q4jEPmHFa8 . This case was special to me because I was stationed at Elmendorf AFB in Anchorage Alaska from 2008 to 2012. Durning my tenure there I became quick pal’s with Black AL (RIP) the house man at Action Billiards. So every time I look at this case I chuckle/crack a smile and it brings back a few fond pool stories. Thanks again JB cases!
d3f835d177d336cd640b752153453dce.jpg
45c617cb3aa787df222010504669c272.jpg
8b0bbb629b2145c3510b9b65f2f79ff1.jpg

I did laugh out loud for real when I saw this case being made. I was sure someone somewhere was trolling me with it. Glad that we could get you the case that you wanted and one in which you are willing to put that pretty Swift away for.

Thanks for choosing us.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When we made that video, it was a year and a half or 2 years after Al's accident.
Funny thing was, he could still put 2s and 3s on you at will with the one crossed eye closed.

The guys in the video, Al Bryan was a multi time state champion and low level pro. His best finish in a pro tourney was 16th in Reno one year. Rob Martin, another multi time state champ, Milo N, who when on to become a multi time champ after Al and I worked with him for a while.

Shortly after that was made, my wife had her stroke and I didnt go out for a while.

We had a lot of fun that day. Still have a shitload of outtakes. :thumbup:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xadpyYMoATA

Hey Hulk, I remember we talked one time before about AK, but I dont remember you at Action? I think we met at the Palace when it was on 34th and C.

The Hulk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When we made that video, it was a year and a half or 2 years after Al's accident.
Funny thing was, he could still put 2s and 3s on you at will with the one crossed eye closed.

The guys in the video, Al Bryan was a multi time state champion and low level pro. His best finish in a pro tourney was 16th in Reno one year. Rob Martin, another multi time state champ, Milo N, who when on to become a multi time champ after Al and I worked with him for a while.

Shortly after that was made, my wife had her stroke and I didnt go out for a while.

Hey Hulk, I remember we talked one time before about AK, but I dont remember you at Action? I think we met at the Palace when it was on 34th and C.

Dang, you have a good memory Chuck. You are correct we met at the Palace on C street but Action is where I met AL. I wasn’t by any means a regular like yourself and the other guys in the video but I did stop in there from time to time. I would go there after work sometimes and instead of playing pool I just ended up talking to Al and just listening to some of his old stories while he either played poker on the laptop or hit balls on that first table. After Action’s closed sometimes on Sundays he would come over to Eddie’s sports bar and hang out with us. When Pat and Milo ran that little weekly tournament there.

Last edited:

The Hulk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

My memory is not as sharp as yours, but now that I think about it again. I did meet you at Action billiards one time. I brought over a cue that I had purchased off eBay and asked you your opinion on it. That’s when you educated me on Edwin Reyes the cue maker and told me about his passing. You said something along the lines of the cue possibly being made by someone that used to work with or for him. I still have that cue and could post a picture if it would help refresh your memory... LOL

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dang, you have a good memory Chuck. You are correct we met at the Palace on C street but Action is where I met AL. I wasn’t by any means a regular like yourself and the other guys in the video but I did stop in there from time to time. I would go there after work sometimes and instead of playing pool I just ended up talking to Al and just listening to some of his old stories while he either played poker on the laptop or hit balls on that first table. After Action’s closed sometimes on Sundays he would come over to Eddie’s sports bar and hang out with us. When Pat and Milo ran that little weekly tournament there.
My memory is not as sharp as yours, but now that I think about it again. I did meet you at Action billiards one time. I brought over a cue that I had purchased off eBay and asked you your opinion on it. That’s when you educated me on Edwin Reyes the cue maker and told me about his passing. You said something along the lines of the cue possibly being made by someone that used to work with or for him. I still have that cue and could post a picture if it would help refresh your memory... LOL

I remember that cue, it had a long white joint right?

LOL I forgot about Eddies. I used to stop in Eddies some times if I needed to tell Al something. Another of his favorite spots was the Chinese restaurant/bar up by Dimond, the one with the DeLorean parked out front. Cant remember the name off the top of my head.

Milo was a good kid, a straight shooter. He just needed a bit of a push on how to work the cue ball, then he started to play pretty sporty.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_BRiI2iqcM

Story about the first time I met Al....

I moved to Alaska from Detroit in the late 90s. I was coming off of playing pretty good, when I got to Homer. Po dunk little town where the next best player was a mid to low C. I made friends with him, and played the weekly tournaments for a few years before I got tired of snapping off bangers and took up darts. Still played a bit here and there, took down the Snow Rondy (Anchor Points little sister tourney to the Fur Rondy).

When I was getting ready to leave town for Anchorage, I asked my bank robbing buddy, the C player about the field in the big city. He told me the best player was a guy called "Blackout" (I misunderstood what he said). Thats about the time I found this forum, and met Breakup (Bill J, former member RIP). Every time I would go to the city we would meet up and play some. He told me about more players, but never mentioned Al Bryan.

So one night, I'm at Action, and in walks this well dressed middle aged black dude, and he was offering to play something cheap. We agreed on 9 for $50 IIRC. Im playing him hard, hooking him instead of taking chances etc. He was getting out of all but lockup safes, and running out.

I lose 2-3 sets, and I start thinking, "Who the fook is THIS guy???" As he is laying down IIRC a 5 pack on me, I am walking around and looking at the pictures Joe had on the wall. I see a newspaper clipping of this motherfugger Im playing with the name "Black Al" as the caption.

Then it clicked, it wasnt "Blackout" I was to look out for, it was 'Black Al'. As Im paying off that set, I ask him, "Your name wouldnt be Black Al Bryan would it?". He gets this big shit eating grin on his face and politely nods yes.

We were friends from there on out. :thumbup:

The Hulk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remember that cue, it had a long white joint right?

LOL I forgot about Eddies. I used to stop in Eddies some times if I needed to tell Al something. Another of his favorite spots was the Chinese restaurant/bar up by Dimond, the one with the DeLorean parked out front. Cant remember the name off the top of my head.

Milo was a good kid, a straight shooter. He just needed a bit of a push on how to work the cue ball, then he started to play pretty sporty.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_BRiI2iqcM

Story about the first time I met Al....

I moved to Alaska from Detroit in the late 90s. I was coming off of playing pretty good, when I got to Homer. Po dunk little town where the next best player was a mid to low C. I made friends with him, and played the weekly tournaments for a few years before I got tired of snapping off bangers and took up darts. Still played a bit here and there, took down the Snow Rondy (Anchor Points little sister tourney to the Fur Rondy).

When I was getting ready to leave town for Anchorage, I asked my bank robbing buddy, the C player about the field in the big city. He told me the best player was a guy called "Blackout" (I misunderstood what he said). Thats about the time I found this forum, and met Breakup (Bill J, former member RIP). Every time I would go to the city we would meet up and play some. He told me about more players, but never mentioned Al Bryan.

So one night, I'm at Action, and in walks this well dressed middle aged black dude, and he was offering to play something cheap. We agreed on 9 for $50 IIRC. Im playing him hard, hooking him instead of taking chances etc. He was getting out of all but lockup safes, and running out.

I lose 2-3 sets, and I start thinking, "Who the fook is THIS guy???" As he is laying down IIRC a 5 pack on me, I am walking around and looking at the pictures Joe had on the wall. I see a newspaper clipping of this motherfugger Im playing with the name "Black Al" as the caption.

Then it clicked, it wasnt "Blackout" I was to look out for, it was 'Black Al'. As Im paying off that set, I ask him, "Your name wouldnt be Black Al Bryan would it?". He gets this big shit eating grin on his face and politely nods yes.

We were friends from there on out. :thumbup:

You are correct the cue has a long white joint, the butt collar and shaft collar are both white with rings. The Chinese place you’re talking about is Asia Gardens where they had karaoke. Thanks for the story that’s a good one!

Last edited:

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know 4 or 5 folks that has always gone for the cheaper, or bargain brand for the last 50 years., thinking I'm an idiot for insisting on quality. 9/10 times it was not cheaper nor was it a bargain for them. 3 or 4 of them still try that foolish shit!