No Deflection

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I feel you are %100 wrong.
I thought everyone on this forum understood what causes deflection. Apparently not. This has been covered to death. If you want to sit back and refute well proven facts on this go ahead. Call the engineers at Predator, OB or any other LD shaft maker. They'll all tell you the same thing. What a goofball.

row21097

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is with some joy I invoke the first bible verse on this thread. My joy does not emanate from the verse itself but rather from its ironic teasing in my mind of my favorite bible verse and how I feel about your position.

Deuteronomy 23-12-14
When you relieve yourself outside, you shall dig a hole and then cover up your excrement.

nodeflection

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought everyone on this forum understood what causes deflection. Apparently not. This has been covered to death. If you want to sit back and refute well proven facts on this go ahead. Call the engineers at Predator, OB or any other LD shaft maker. They'll all tell you the same thing. What a goofball.

Im not saying that hollowing out the end or splicing wood 50 ways for a shaft won't send the ball straighter with a bad touch. I understand low deflection shafts. I played for four + years with a LD shaft, back in 2004.

nodeflection

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is with some joy I invoke the first bible verse on this thread. My joy does not emanate from the verse itself but rather from its ironic teasing in my mind of my favorite bible verse and how I feel about your position.

Deuteronomy 23-12-14
When you relieve yourself outside, you shall dig a hole and then cover up your excrement.

Someone will dig it up.

nodeflection

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Exactly. Only people do. Or they are mistaken, assuming you want to give them the benefit of the doubt.

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

I learned everything from watching the balls react. After many years I'm only now satisfied with how my shots are coming off. I can do what I said, it's simple.

People neg repping me and calling me dumb is reassuring. All I hope is people can actually enjoy playing instead of having an endless frustrating time as we all do when it boils down.

I never mentioned at the beginning of the thread "everyone is wrong about everything." In fact what I am asserting doesn't render anything already established false. Go ahead and keep shooting with LD shafts, BHE, FHE, CTE, TOI, Center Ball, squirt and swerve, eye dominance, clock systems, rempe cue balls, tips of English, diamond systems, carbon fiber shafts, laser cues, sport grips, jump cues, gummy chalk, 6 inch bridges, 12 inch bridge, SPF, Digi, pendulum, piston, front fingers, middle fingers, back fingers, slip stroke, throw strokes, punchy strokes, smooth strokes, open closed loop bridges, etc...... its all relevant.

Last edited:

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
The shaft begins its' rebound while maintaining contact otherwise it would be a miscue. It's necessary that it does because as the balls mass begins to pull away from the tip, the force that the ball's mass exerts on the tip is no longer there to prevent the shaft from bending back.

It's not a matter of there being total force, then the ball's gone and there's no force. During contact the force will decrease and the shaft will begin to track backwards in the opposite direction.

Jaden

Ref bold statement above.... The mass of the cb forces the tip end of the shaft to the side. Since the shaft has flexibility it bends as soon as the tip makes contact with the cb. After the cb leaves the tip the shaft springs back due to it's own stored energy. The tip is no longer in contact with the ball when this happens. It can be seen very clearly here....https://billiards.colostate.edu/high-speed-video/hsv-4-5/

nodeflection

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ref bold statement above.... The mass of the cb forces the tip end of the shaft to the side. Since the shaft has flexibility it bends as soon as the tip makes contact with the cb. After the cb leaves the tip the shaft springs back due to it's own stored energy. The tip is no longer in contact with the ball when this happens. It can be seen very clearly here....https://billiards.colostate.edu/high-speed-video/hsv-4-5/

I like that video. Im simply saying that there is a timing to the stroke that can allow the shaft to come back before the ball is gone. I postulate this person is putting force into the shot at the wrong time. Essentially there is a timing that will deflect the ball a maximum and a timing that will do the opposite.

nodeflection

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am more certain than ever after all of these responses. Thank you all for contributing. I won't be here any longer as I am not welcome. I am extremely proud of my -4000000 rep points. Take care and shoot em strong.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
.....Take care and shoot em strong.

giphy.webp

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
There are other ways to achieve absolutely zero deflection. One technique that I have implemented into my game lately involves the cue ball moving prior to cue impact. It requires a light grip and good wrist action, but when done right you can actually send the cue stick back in time just after the moment of contact with the cue ball. This reduces the duration of exposure to the striking and eliminates any traces of squirt.

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am more certain than ever after all of these responses. Thank you all for contributing. I won't be here any longer as I am not welcome. I am extremely proud of my -4000000 rep points. Take care and shoot em strong.
Confirmation bias it is then. No-one said you weren't welcome here. This is a public place where there are open discussions of ideas. You have come here talking up some ideas that fly in the face of some petty well documented research. We are going to question those ideas, even more so when your responses don't really explain much.

You have stumbled upon the place that all good players get to. The place where you don't even need to think about squirt, swerve or throw. You are making the necessary adjustments literally without thinking about them. You are reverse engineering this into "I have eliminated deflection".

As far a throw is concerned, you cannot change the interaction of the cue ball and an ob with the contact time of the tip, for any given quality of spin. It will always throw the same for the given quality of spin and playing conditions. You are, again, making the necessary adjustments by rote and assuming that you are exercising some supreme control over throw.

Whatever mental picture gets the job done for you, however inaccurate it may really be, should be used. When you come here and inaccurately assume what you think you are doing and make crazy assumptions about how you are doing it we are going to call you out on it.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are other ways to achieve absolutely zero deflection. One technique that I have implemented into my game lately involves the cue ball moving prior to cue impact. It requires a light grip and good wrist action, but when done right you can actually send the cue stick back in time just after the moment of contact with the cue ball. This reduces the duration of exposure to the striking and eliminates any traces of squirt.
Awesome!

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like that video. Im simply saying that there is a timing to the stroke that can allow the shaft to come back before the ball is gone. I postulate this person is putting force into the shot at the wrong time. Essentially there is a timing that will deflect the ball a maximum and a timing that will do the opposite.
So it would be a double hit then?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Confirmation bias it is then. No-one said you weren't welcome here. This is a public place where there are open discussions of ideas. You have come here talking up some ideas that fly in the face of some petty well documented research. We are going to question those ideas, even more so when your responses don't really explain much.

You have stumbled upon the place that all good players get to. The place where you don't even need to think about squirt, swerve or throw. You are making the necessary adjustments literally without thinking about them. You are reverse engineering this into "I have eliminated deflection".

As far a throw is concerned, you cannot change the interaction of the cue ball and an ob with the contact time of the tip, for any given quality of spin. It will always throw the same for the given quality of spin and playing conditions. You are, again, making the necessary adjustments by rote and assuming that you are exercising some supreme control over throw.

Whatever mental picture gets the job done for you, however inaccurate it may really be, should be used. When you come here and inaccurately assume what you think you are doing and make crazy assumptions about how you are doing it we are going to call you out on it.

What a widget. 4days and roughly 48 moronic posts. Let's hope he sticks to his word.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member

This is great! Nothing like a good laugh to start the day. :thumbup: