Joey A. V SHANE Photos

Rick S.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Real live action at the Derby 2008.....

Joey was actually leading the match during most of the photos...

94367186.jpg

94367183.jpg

94367180.jpg

94367177.jpg

And a couple of them in B+W....'old school style'

94367173.jpg

94367176.jpg

stikapos

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Boy, they are spectacular pictures. A lot more going on that point and click. SVB's fundamentals are incredible. No wonder he's where he is. Of course, he stunk it up at the MC, but with one nut, one out of stroke, one wiping up diapers and one looking for the golf course, it may be that he just wasn't very excited to be there.
tim

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
Like A Big Floppy Hat.........And A Red WIG

Rick S. said:

Action Killer.
Doug
( I'm looking for a new disguise for JoeyA. )

PROG8R

Gator Nation
Silver Member
Wow, nice pics. I cant get over the differences in the grip hand. Looks like Shane used Gorilla glue on his hand and the other guy is so loosey goosey.

Rick S.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks!

stikapos said:
Boy, they are spectacular pictures. A lot more going on that point and click.
tim

At the Derby I was showing Joey a print I did of Nick V. It was RAZOR sharp. He said "you took this with that?" pointing to my camera. (Nikon D70s) With a look of disbelief....

Here's the proof... The first shot is pretty darn sharp.

I have since upgraded cameras, jumping up to the D300.

Thanks for the compliment!

Rick S.

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
I had no idea that was JoeyA. I have seen him quite a few times in passing but I never put a name with the face. (Oh yeah, that other guy looks familiar too)

I feel enlightened.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rick S. said:

94367186.jpg

94367183.jpg

94367180.jpg

94367177.jpg

And a couple of them in B+W....'old school style'

94367173.jpg

94367176.jpg

Joey "The Glove" in action. Be scared, be very scared! And I am! ;)

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
nice photos, great job on getting both players in that third shot so in focus. Joey looks very determined to beat Defjam.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
uwate said:
nice photos, great job on getting both players in that third shot so in focus. Joey looks very determined to beat Defjam.

Defjam, i like it, i wont use that name unless Shane says its cool to, SVB is a great guy out side of pool as well. he has my respect in the highest order.

Newton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rick S. said:
At the Derby I was showing Joey a print I did of Nick V. It was RAZOR sharp. He said "you took this with that?" pointing to my camera. (Nikon D70s) With a look of disbelief....

Here's the proof... The first shot is pretty darn sharp.

I have since upgraded cameras, jumping up to the D300.

Thanks for the compliment!

Rick S.

The D300 is such a good camera. You could shoot with pretty high ISO without getting a wast amount of noise, which again gives you a big benefit for shutter speeds. I have a 70-200mm f/2.8 which I use for these types of shots.
May I ask which lens you use?

N

Rick S.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Newton said:
The D300 is such a good camera. You could shoot with pretty high ISO without getting a wast amount of noise, which again gives you a big benefit for shutter speeds. I have a 70-200mm f/2.8 which I use for these types of shots.
May I ask which lens you use?

N

I was using my 80-200 at the time. I love this lens!! I'd probably like the the 70-200 more though!! That will be my next upgrade, I think......

My lens collection so far...

50 mm 1.4 Nikon
55 mm 2.8 Micro Nikon
18-70 mm 3.5 Nikon
80-200 2.8 Nikon
1.4 Kenko Pro Tele Conv

The D300 is vastly superior in all respects. It will focus faster, in lower light, WITH less noise. It's a matter of getting it dialed in right now. There are SO many settings to choose from. The manual is 419 pages, and it BRIEFLY goes over things.

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
In that 3rd picture, is Shane sitting on Joey's shoulder? Jesus, if Joey gets any closer he's gonna be on the table!

Rick S.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
corvette1340 said:
In that 3rd picture, is Shane sitting on Joey's shoulder? Jesus, if Joey gets any closer he's gonna be on the table!

It's an illusion created by the zoom lens. Actually there was probably 5-6 ft between them. Maybe more.....

Rick S.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
corvette1340 said:

I think that he was just confirming the rumor that Shane's shite doesn't stink when at the pool table...hehe

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
Rick S. said:
It's an illusion created by the zoom lens. Actually there was probably 5-6 ft between them. Maybe more.....

Rick S.

lol, I know this. Thanks though. Great pics by the way.

Newton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rick S. said:
I was using my 80-200 at the time. I love this lens!! I'd probably like the the 70-200 more though!! That will be my next upgrade, I think......

My lens collection so far...

50 mm 1.4 Nikon
55 mm 2.8 Micro Nikon
18-70 mm 3.5 Nikon
80-200 2.8 Nikon
1.4 Kenko Pro Tele Conv

The D300 is vastly superior in all respects. It will focus faster, in lower light, WITH less noise. It's a matter of getting it dialed in right now. There are SO many settings to choose from. The manual is 419 pages, and it BRIEFLY goes over things.

I have currently available 17-35mm/2.8, 24-85mm/3.5-3.5, 60mm/2.8D Micro Nikkor and the fat one (I have not used it in a long time so it could be the 80-200mm/2.8 I actually have..). I like some of them better than the others, where the 17-38 is preferred.

I was almost switching teams to Canon after I discovered that all the old D100 stuff did not work with the later cameras. Vertical grip, batteries, external dual charger and some other stuff did not work, which was a pain in a certain place...

However, Easter is a nice time to read manuals and surf AZ.

Happy "shooting".
Do you have a foto web page by the way?

N