Pinoys at Open......

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been buried at work and not feeling well, but I just logged into the AZ live zcoring page from yesterday. It appears that the Pinoys did not fare so well.....

Lee Van Corteza 7
Thorsten Hohmann 11

Darren Appleton 11
Ronnie Alcano 7

Ramil Gallego 10
Manny Chau 11

Warren Kiamco 7
Chris Orme 11

Bata and Django won their matches though.

Wish I had more time to watch :frown:

Bayawak

Tirador
Silver Member
Pinoy players are still around

I have been buried at work and not feeling well, but I just logged into the AZ live zcoring page from yesterday. It appears that the Pinoys did not fare so well.....

Lee Van Corteza 7
Thorsten Hohmann 11

Darren Appleton 11
Ronnie Alcano 7

Ramil Gallego 10
Manny Chau 11

Warren Kiamco 7
Chris Orme 11

Bata and Django won their matches though.

Wish I had more time to watch :frown:

I wouldn't be too glum if I were you. It's still early on to say that statement. Imagine, only a handful of them among 256 players and everybody's paying attention to them. Every time a Pinoy player gets up to play his match, fans swoop down to watch them play.

I don't think that you can say that to a lot of players. And all of these predictions and hooplas about these former champions who don't do nothing except run their mouths, got beaten by a kid, hah, hah.

So much for their predictions and wishes....

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
ive been betting on the filipinos all tournament long, hasnt been good but it will work out in the long run.

Be honest when people play them they play their best game possible. Orcollo had Archer beat and then Archer comes with some super gear to win. Lee Van definitely had Thorsten whooped ahead 7-2 and then I think Lee Van got to kick twice from a dry break in the next 9 racks. This Chris Orme guy beats Kiamco and Gomez...he will never be able to do that again in his life!

All I'm saying is the guys beating the Pinoys are playing way above their normal level to win...it's 9 ball these things happen. Still want to see Efren go undefeated as his age just to show he's still the best. Busty looks awfully strong too, he's scary good right now during this tourney, whomever beats Busty is going to have to play better than they thought they could.

Bayawak

Tirador
Silver Member
Pinoy players

ive been betting on the filipinos all tournament long, hasnt been good but it will work out in the long run.

Be honest when people play them they play their best game possible. Orcollo had Archer beat and then Archer comes with some super gear to win. Lee Van definitely had Thorsten whooped ahead 7-2 and then I think Lee Van got to kick twice from a dry break in the next 9 racks. This Chris Orme guy beats Kiamco and Gomez...he will never be able to do that again in his life!

All I'm saying is the guys beating the Pinoys are playing way above their normal level to win...it's 9 ball these things happen. Still want to see Efren go undefeated as his age just to show he's still the best. Busty looks awfully strong too, he's scary good right now during this tourney, whomever beats Busty is going to have to play better than they thought they could.

Mikey,

I wish I'm there right now to watch theses guys battle it out. Commitments, family, work and all are keeping me away from my favorite activity. Like whst you said, Pinoy players give it their allo when they play, but, the other guy know how to play too, so sometimes these things happen every now and then..

Who would thought Orme would win that match? And Hohman, and Archer, but these are all highly talented players and their capable of doing that..

Will be there this weekend to mix it up with you guys!!

poolpimp13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

All I'm saying is the guys beating the Pinoys are playing way above their normal level to win...it's 9 ball these things happen. Still want to see Efren go undefeated as his age just to show he's still the best. Busty looks awfully strong too, he's scary good right now during this tourney, whomever beats Busty is going to have to play better than they thought they could.[/QU the filipinos are great players but there not the only country with great players.they can lose just like anybody else can.mika and ralph beat them most times they play.