View Single Post
Old
  (#47)
Chip Roberson
AzB Silver Member
Chip Roberson has a reputation beyond reputeChip Roberson has a reputation beyond reputeChip Roberson has a reputation beyond reputeChip Roberson has a reputation beyond reputeChip Roberson has a reputation beyond reputeChip Roberson has a reputation beyond reputeChip Roberson has a reputation beyond reputeChip Roberson has a reputation beyond reputeChip Roberson has a reputation beyond reputeChip Roberson has a reputation beyond reputeChip Roberson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

04-15-2019, 03:16 PM

I was playing Patch Eye in the late 70's around Greensboro NC. First match to 100 points for 100 bucks. I beat him the first match by about 20 balls. Next match to a hundred we bet 200 on that on and I beat him by about 10 balls. He played good safe's. The third match for 400 bucks , he had me 99 to 48. He only needed 1 more ball. He had played safe and There was one ball out of the rack , that if I made it and stuck the cue ball in the general area I could play a ball out of the rack. I made the bank into a side pocket and made the cluster shot and then ran the remanding 48 and out.
There was one shot that I still remember with dread. I had broken the balls and the cue ball ended inside a corner pocket area and the only free shot was a ball sitting near the spot. I got down over that and sent it up the table to a corner pocket and finished the run, I didn't look for any safety , after sweating his safety play in the match before that one.

Last edited by Chip Roberson; 04-15-2019 at 03:18 PM.