View Single Post
Old
  (#51)
Cornerman
Cue Author...Sometimes
Cornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

04-15-2019, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan-tum View Post
I don't recall any similar threads.
My high run, you ask....a prodigious 29.
I think I’ve answered this before in the past. My high run is 72. It is now a distant memory. I grew up in straight pool country, so even in the late 80s, a lot of people were still playing straight pool in my area. Someone had shown me the game when I was very new to pool, a straight shooter. I ran a 36 the first day. I never came close after for years. Well that’s not really true, but the reality was, that 36 wouldn’t look like a straight pool run. It was a fireball run. It’s actually an embarrassing thing to say that I somehow I got through two and a half racks.

Years later, when I was actually a decent player, I ran a 40. And then sometime later, I hit a 42. People who play this game know what 42 means. I hit 42 three times or so. I also have a few 28s.

When I ran my first 50, my heart was beating out of my chest. I had a triple bank fluke to continue my run. It’s the only shot I remember. I hit 50 four times, with 68 and a 72. Neither looked like good straight pool, and at times looked like the 36 early on.

If you think I played a lot of straight pool, I did not. I actually used to just start out by throwing balls out there on the table and start running straight pool until I missed. Once I missed, I’d go on to 10 ball as my practice game. . That was the late 80s all the way through until I quit playing the game seriosuly in 2007 or so. I never played a real match of 14.1 other than for a Coca-Cola in college.

Freddie <~~~ no patience for straight

--------

Name: Freddie Agnir
Shooting Cue: 2017 Tascarella (w/blokid extension) or Schuler SC-250
Breaking Cue: BK Rush

Playing time: just a hair above zero
--------

"I don't care if you win, just cover the spread!"

- Annie Potts (Memaw from Young Sheldon)