View Single Post
Idle Curiosity
Old
  (#56)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!
ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

Idle Curiosity - 04-15-2019, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiac kid View Post
Several years ago in the days when my late friend, the great Pat Howey was still playing, I ran 187. Sadly there was no one present to verify the run so I originally didn't post it on the forum. PM'ed one of our most distinguished members with my dilemma. He suggested posting it anyway as everyone on AZ was on the honor system anyway. Several verified 150's though. These days I struggle to get into a third rack! Strange how those patterns disappear when you don't play regularly.

Lyn

I never played straight pool myself. Tried a little bit as a youngster but I didn't have any idea how to get into the second rack or more. I only saw somebody else playing straight pool a couple times and back then my interest was in doing not watching. No video and few books so without a mentor I didn't get far.

Pat was quite a player and is the reason for my post. Any idea what his high run was or what was the highest you saw him put up?

I seem to remember he used a slip stroke or am I confusing him with someone else? I practice a slip stroke now and then just because I consider it an art form and hate to see it disappearing. Sometimes me trying gets other people involved too.

Hu