John Schmidt Poll

Was John out of line during the TAR one pocket?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dannyb78

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know who they are trying to promote as a 'Whiner' - it's Schmidt, I would not watch John if they paid me under their crybaby format/ hidden agenda. Corey plays on the west coast - favortism. Ken schunamen (who worships Schmidt) is the ref - favortism. Corey does not know how much of an intense crybaby/wimp Schmidt really is, nor does he realize obviously that Justin and Ken will allow John to cry and show his ass and do nothing - if that will help John win. Even if I were playing more pool I would not play another match up with TAR and Schmidt - he is obnoxious with his crybaby bull#^%&. I think it may be Justin's goal to show everyone just how unprofessional a pool player can act. It may be his way at getting even with the sport since he never made a player himself, some people just grew up in a house where drama was present, they see that their is a reward in crying - untill they get what they want. On a scale from 1-10 ten being the highest rated crybaby, Schmidt is an eleven if he thinks it will help him win. I think we can count on Justin to help promote more matches where there is lots of drama and sharking from both players. Myself I just love the game, winning is not so important that I have to stoop to the crybaby level in order to win.

Well......... Here goes your 10 Pages

jimmy-leggs

A GREAT DAY
Silver Member
I know who they are trying to promote as a 'Whiner' - it's Schmidt, I would not watch John if they paid me under their crybaby format/ hidden agenda. Corey plays on the west coast - favortism. Ken schunamen (who worships Schmidt) is the ref - favortism. Corey does not know how much of an intense crybaby/wimp Schmidt really is, nor does he realize obviously that Justin and Ken will allow John to cry and show his ass and do nothing - if that will help John win. Even if I were playing more pool I would not play another match up with TAR and Schmidt - he is obnoxious with his crybaby bull#^%&. I think it may be Justin's goal to show everyone just how unprofessional a pool player can act. It may be his way at getting even with the sport since he never made a player himself, some people just grew up in a house where drama was present, they see that their is a reward in crying - untill they get what they want. On a scale from 1-10 ten being the highest rated crybaby, Schmidt is an eleven if he thinks it will help him win. I think we can count on Justin to help promote more matches where there is lots of drama and sharking from both players. Myself I just love the game, winning is not so important that I have to stoop to the crybaby level in order to win.

I really dont think you ever have to worry about playing in a TAR match, just sayin.lol

Jadssons

Rehab is for Quitters
Silver Member
I do not mean any disrespect towards TAR, but I will not purchase another match with Schmidt involved. I appreciate everything TAR has done for the sport and the fans (I have purchase all but 1 PPV match).

calibration

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's most funny here is all of you are playing right into what john talked about in the tar interview before the match. Pool needs drama, excitement, good guys, bad guys, characters.. This match would otherwise be forgotten by now. Instead we all will want a rematch...lol

I love great pool, let me restate that... I love playing great pool. Watching it especially one hole is great for putting me to sleep.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

dannyb78

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tar 29

Partners match

john schmidt and dennis hatch

vs

mike dechaine and danny harriman

Chesscat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Way out of line

The people who justify what Schmidt did are the same people who justify what Earl Strickland does. Schmidt reminds me of Strickland. He is a poor sport, what he did was sharking, and he did it over and over. It's ridiculous to think this boorish behavior is good for the game.

Another thing, in all likelihood his fixation on "cleaning" the ball is just an excuse to put silicon on the ball. Somebody should grab his "cleaning" towel sometime and check. You can put silicon on your towel, on your shirt, your pants, any cloth, even your glove. Or you can grab a towel, wipe down your cue, and then with your bare hand smear silicon on the cue ball.

As Corey said before the match, if someone is putting something (silicon) on the ball and you don't know it, you don't have a chance.

When John wipes the cue ball on his shirt or trousers, as he did before the last rack at Turning Stone when Corey was in the bathroom, what are the odds that that cloth is loaded with silicon? Pretty high. And then Corey's cue ball goes an inch too far.

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The people who justify what Schmidt did are the same people who justify what Earl Strickland does. Schmidt reminds me of Strickland. He is a poor sport, what he did was sharking, and he did it over and over. It's ridiculous to think this boorish behavior is good for the game.

Another thing, in all likelihood his fixation on "cleaning" the ball is just an excuse to put silicon on the ball. Somebody should grab his "cleaning" towel sometime and check. You can put silicon on your towel, on your shirt, your pants, any cloth, even your glove. Or you can grab a towel, wipe down your cue, and then with your bare hand smear silicon on the cue ball.

As Corey said before the match, if someone is putting something (silicon) on the ball and you don't know it, you don't have a chance.

When John wipes the cue ball on his shirt or trousers, as he did before the last rack at Turning Stone when Corey was in the bathroom, what are the odds that that cloth is loaded with silicon? Pretty high. And then Corey's cue ball goes an inch too far.

won't they both be playing with the same ball. Isn't that like a playing saying that the table is too slow or not level and stuff like that. Not for nothing but John out shot Corey in the 10 ball hands down, now I do say it is safe to say that when Corey gives up then he is just going through the motions, but John shoot almost lights out.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
I do not mean any disrespect towards TAR, but I will not purchase another match with Schmidt involved. I appreciate everything TAR has done for the sport and the fans (I have purchase all but 1 PPV match).

For the record, I will buy every John Schmidt match TAR puts on. See new poll

elvicash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe people in grey hats are messing with the balls. Or maybe Corey hit it a little hard been known to happen

I watched 80 percent of the 8 ball and most of the last game of one hole. I missed the sharking mentioned. But these guys are both champions and many chpions are known to whine when things dont go there way. I seen earl whine buddy whine and more besides.

Then i have watched others attack the game get every cold roll shake there head and fight till the end

I know there is protocol stfu if it is not your shot, sit down wait your turn. All r good but if someone is truly out of line then TARs offical should step in and would i am sure if it was way out of line. But would anyone pay to watch a stream where they play mum pool i do not think so. Not at all they wanted those mikes working they even changed batteries mid match during the 1p

On favortism with ken towards john i did not see it and on the mike ken appears to be in coreys camp imho.

John won the people wanted corey so there is grumbling from the masses. The king is dead long live the king.

Pre-Flag Master

Cue Ball Man
Silver Member
the growth of pool

I didn't see the match, but based on what's been posted here on AZ, JS was either sharking or at least being a very bad sport. Again I didn't see it, but it has been described here, and if it has created this much discussion, obviously there was something serious going on.

Here's the thing; in regard to the on-going issue about "the state of pro pool in the US" where people are concerned that the sport is dying here, this kind of behavior is not good. I know it has been discussed much, but here is my view on it.

For the sport to GROW there needs to be NEW people playing and wanting to watch pros play. If the sport does grow, then there would be more money for the pros in terms of sponsorship and bigger tournament pay outs. I don't think that new people will take up the sport if they see this kind of behavior from the current pros. And this is not an issue of "the only ones seeing this are the people who are already fans of the game now", because, from what I've seen this kind of crap happens all the time at almost any level of competitive pro play. Examples are Earl in general, and the Rodney Morris thing at the Mosconi Cup where he wanted to take it outside with Appleton. I couldn't believe that was said ON CAMERA. The attitude that this kind of thing is just a normal part of the pool world is pervasive and accepted and THAT IS THE PROBLEM.

John Schmidt made some good points in the TAR 28 pre-match pod-cast, but then his actions are not conducive to the best point he made. Goes like this; John says that for the sport to grow there has to be money it. IF you could become a millionaire by playing pool, then people would want to take it up or have their kids take it up. He said if a decent pro player could make 50K a year and a top pro player could make 250K a year, people would want to be them, people would buy tables and have their kids take up the game. It was also mentioned that you could end up with school/college programs for pool like there is for golf.

I agree with all of this, BUT people are not going to want their kids to get into the sport of pool if they realized that the Schmidt/Earl/Morris type of behavior was the accepted norm. It might be all well and good for us 30 plus year olds who have seen some shit and just deal with it. But for the sport to grow, then that means there has to be new people coming in. Will new people come in if they see this kind of stuff? I personally don't think so, especially not if it could involve their kids, and for the sport to grow, you do have to look ahead at least one generation.

Now, JS made another point which is related to all this. In this case I disagree with the initial point. He (and others) say that drama does not hurt. Look at NASCAR, etc. - thriving. The difference is that drama in pool creates an atmosphere that sharks. Pool requires a very high level of concentration, as we all know. I don't know much about golf, but my impression is that golf also requires this concentration and that sharking is considered unacceptable. Golf is considered a gentlemen's game and NASCAR is not. Please correct me if I'm wrong, as I said, I don't know much about golf. I'm not even saying that pool should be a "gentlemen's" game. I'm just saying that NORMAL behavior needs to become the standard.

My point is, sport is about playing better than your opponent not about gaining an advantage by distracting your opponent. I don't know that JS's behavior was designed to distract Corey. But in my opinion, this stuff should never be allowed because everyone knows that it would very likely distract the opponent. The attitude that fair play and good behavior is the norm should be so widely accepted, that parents wouldn't hesitate to allow their kids to join in the sport.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Good post Elvicash^^^.

The bottom line is if there WAS a REAL problem, Justin would have HANDLED the problem.

If the situation didn't rise to the point where Justin had to step-in (which it didn't), the players handle the problem (which they did).

The best man won this week. Corey could have used a bullhorn last night and still lost.

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe people in grey hats are messing with the balls. Or maybe Corey hit it a little hard been known to happen

I watched 80 percent of the 8 ball and most of the last game of one hole. I missed the sharking mentioned. But these guys are both champions and many chpions are known to whine when things dont go there way. I seen earl whine buddy whine and more besides.

Then i have watched others attack the game get every cold roll shake there head and fight till the end

I know there is protocol stfu if it is not your shot, sit down wait your turn. All r good but if someone is truly out of line then TARs offical should step in and would i am sure if it was way out of line. But would anyone pay to watch a stream where they play mum pool i do not think so. Not at all they wanted those mikes working they even changed batteries mid match during the 1p

On favortism with ken towards john i did not see it and on the mike ken appears to be in coreys camp imho.

John won the people wanted corey so there is grumbling from the masses. The king is dead long live the king.

If you think Ken is on Corey's side I have a bridge to sell ya. I like Ken but he is John's YES man,