One Pocket Practice

TRWpool

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Very nice. You had a couple nice break outs in that rack as well as a well struck bank that led to a continuation of your run. Keep up the good work.

Tom

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
https://youtu.be/Cqg4F_f6BfY
Fun and challenging one pocket practice.
Attempting a 15 ball run.
Got this idea from Tom Wirth.
The standard drill/proposition is to see how many total you can get in five racks. When it first appeared around San Francisco, the good players would go broke trying to get 20 in five racks. Efren and Varner in their primes would shoot at something like 35.

Hopkins had a slightly different proposition and would bet that he could run all 15 within five tries.

Jay Helfert ran a competition at Derby City a couple of years and if I recall correctly Gabe Owen won it one year with a 60 or 61 (for five racks).

There are a couple of different rules variations. Classic is to shoot from where you leave the cue ball on the break, but if you scratch you get ball in hand in the kitchen and owe one. At DCC I think they were taking ball in hand anywhere after every break.

Last edited:

MTHEORYSPORTS

MTheoryBilliardsDivision
Thank you Bob & Tom

Bob, great idea! I want to try that! Thank you for sharing!
Tom, thank you. I’ve purchased and read/watched/studied all of your material and have found it extremely helpful and interesting.