Taom tip review

asamimasa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any other reviews on the Taom as a jump tip?

Colin

It's quite good as a jump tip installed on a Mezz Pro R shaft. Takes nearly no effort to jump full ball from a ball distance away with just the shaft.

I've not yet found the need to replace the stock tip on my Mezz Air Drive, but if I were to be in the market, I wouldn't hesitate to put on another Taom.

Pricey yes, but worth it to not spend any more time thinking about different options; my search ends here.

krychekrowe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use a Taom on my Predator jump cue, works like a charm. I agree regarding the jump shots I'm able to do with the Taom on my Mezz Power Break. It's a solid product.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wandering a bit off topic maybe, but I just installed a green Taom on my BK3, looks nice atleast in my eyes :rolleyes:

Will see how it breaks tomorrow, I'm letting the glue set properly (24h+) before breaking with it.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
I'm no materials engineer, I’m an Aerospace Engineer but I’d bet my MIT diploma, that the
Delta vectors ascribed to in the aforementioned thermoset plasticizes gradients (TPG) could be ascribed to the percentile of this new thermoplastics stated at this juncture as “Mika”, obviously a derivative of Formica® Laminate along with a composite such as “Orcollo” with wafer-thin slices of Naugahyde® (an expanded polyvinyl chloride plastic composite).
I’m afraid the Refro gentleman from Utsville may have suffered a blow on the noggin from a bag of 250 Taom tips, by jumping to the conclusion that just because a 1.0 fails “critically” (not sure how to quantify a “critical” failure mode.) and then fails to identify exactly which end of the billiard cue that it was never meant to be attached too, simply because anomalies where observed at 750 Lbs or ( or 340.194277 Kilogram’s) How was this pressure applied? Pressure is usually expressed as a force per unit area. Yet no area specs are entered into the equation. Based on the original Torricelli barometer design, one atmosphere of pressure will force the column of mercury (Hg) in a mercury barometer to a height of 760 millimeters. A pressure that causes the Hg column to rise 1 millimeter is called a torr (you may still see the term 1 mm Hg used; this has been replaced by the torr. "mm Hg" is commonly used for tip hardness identification pressure measurements). Yet a Kamui Medium is sufficiently harder than a Tiger Medium (Onyx). My supposition is the process for measurement is wide of the mark, a simple deflection versus load applied calculation should suffice, using a dial indicator and a pressure gauge which shape is the exact radius of a cue-ball. I’m looking forward to your 750 Lbs crush test video, maybe for fun you can do a watermelon or a can of Ham as well, like David Letterman used to do in the 80’s! Perhaps for the 2.0 model you can freeze a Taom Tip to 199.816667 Kelvin (That’s -100°F folks) , and then drop it into a pot of water with a temperature of 210°F, that being the Elevations range from just over 800 feet (240 m) along the riverfront to just over 1,000 feet (300 m) on various hilltops in West Knoxville, with the downtown area resting at just over 900 feet (270 m) where Mr. Utsville and his band of single layered boys are from. But my guess is he is really closer to Maryville, just by studying his syntax.
Someone please send me a Taom Tip before my head implodes!

Both of these are version 2.0

As far as your supposition, wear it out and test away... I have a 750lb press which is the smallest one we have... According to Bob Jewett that compression force should be similar to the force applied by approximately a 27 mph break... So we do a cycle test and watch the tips fracture before we get to 100 compression cycles...

As you are an engineer and not a pool player I would hazard a guess you likely couldn't break at 27mph if your life depended on it so likely the Taom or the new Zento out of Germany may last you a long time...

Call Joe Blackburn and ask him about them. He will no longer install them because they keep exploding.. That is from his experience and not my tests btw......

11186414_1128911600469363_1365513843_n.jpg

broken taom.jpg

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My break is pretty consistent at 22 mph and I have been breaking with Taom tips for about year now.
I have installed about 30 Taoms, the old ones and the new ones and I have not seen a single tip fail.
I'm not sure how common a 27mph break is, but my experience is that there seems to be a sweet spot around 21-23mph, faster than that usually results in loss of control.
To me those pictures looks like idiots striking the ball way too hard with no control and hitting the side of the ball with the edge of the tip..

HaroldWilson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm no materials engineer, I’m an Aerospace Engineer but I’d bet my MIT diploma, that the
Delta vectors ascribed to in the aforementioned thermoset plasticizes gradients (TPG) could be ascribed to the percentile of this new thermoplastics stated at this juncture as “Mika”, obviously a derivative of Formica® Laminate along with a composite such as “Orcollo” with wafer-thin slices of Naugahyde® (an expanded polyvinyl chloride plastic composite).
I’m afraid the Refro gentleman from Utsville may have suffered a blow on the noggin from a bag of 250 Taom tips, by jumping to the conclusion that just because a 1.0 fails “critically” (not sure how to quantify a “critical” failure mode.) and then fails to identify exactly which end of the billiard cue that it was never meant to be attached too, simply because anomalies where observed at 750 Lbs or ( or 340.194277 Kilogram’s) How was this pressure applied? Pressure is usually expressed as a force per unit area. Yet no area specs are entered into the equation. Based on the original Torricelli barometer design, one atmosphere of pressure will force the column of mercury (Hg) in a mercury barometer to a height of 760 millimeters. A pressure that causes the Hg column to rise 1 millimeter is called a torr (you may still see the term 1 mm Hg used; this has been replaced by the torr. "mm Hg" is commonly used for tip hardness identification pressure measurements). Yet a Kamui Medium is sufficiently harder than a Tiger Medium (Onyx). My supposition is the process for measurement is wide of the mark, a simple deflection versus load applied calculation should suffice, using a dial indicator and a pressure gauge which shape is the exact radius of a cue-ball. I’m looking forward to your 750 Lbs crush test video, maybe for fun you can do a watermelon or a can of Ham as well, like David Letterman used to do in the 80’s! Perhaps for the 2.0 model you can freeze a Taom Tip to 199.816667 Kelvin (That’s -100°F folks) , and then drop it into a pot of water with a temperature of 210°F, that being the Elevations range from just over 800 feet (240 m) along the riverfront to just over 1,000 feet (300 m) on various hilltops in West Knoxville, with the downtown area resting at just over 900 feet (270 m) where Mr. Utsville and his band of single layered boys are from. But my guess is he is really closer to Maryville, just by studying his syntax.
Someone please send me a Taom Tip before my head implodes!

I can see exactly where you are coming from on this one my friend and also believe that quantum mechanics has a lot to do with this :)

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can see exactly where you are coming from on this one my friend and also believe that quantum mechanics has a lot to do with this :)
I read enough that I'll never use an Outsville product even if it was installed free & I was given a few bucks, I've seen enough !!!

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
I read enough that I'll never use an Outsville product even if it was installed free & I was given a few bucks, I've seen enough !!!

Send me your real name so I make sure it never happens.. Our templates and products are all over the country/world at pro speed events so I am sure you will never see one....

We recommend good products like G2 and Zan for tips....

We actually were part of formulating OB Chalk.....

We were one of the voices that made Taom come out with a 2.0 which ended up just being a thicker 1.0........

You missed all that?? LOL? Yuppppp.... SMH..... If you wish to debate come see me on facebook or at the US Open in 7 days... Pretty sure it wasn't you read enough but you ran out of words you could read....

SC Hollywood

Registered
Unless Joe changed his mind since the "Derby City Classic", he told me himself at the Classic that he thought the "Zento" was the best Jump/Break tip on the market presently.

SC Hollywood

Registered
Unless Joe changed his mind since the "Derby City Classic", he told me himself at the Classic that he thought the "Zento" was the best Jump/Break tip on the market presently.

That being said, I believe that there is no - one - perfect tip, everyone's game and style is different. I installed a Zento on my break cue and like it fine but have some of Renfro's tips as well and intend on trying them; I may like them just as well. It's really what works best for the individual.

SC Hollywood

Registered
Chris,
I installed one of your hammerhead break tips on my break cue, for the record, I like it much better than the Zento tip!! I'm getting a better break pattern but the hit feels more pure, for lack of a better word. I also installed a med soft tip on my playing cue and lime it as well. FYI

MalibuMike

Banned
NEW BULLETPROOF BREAK Tip Tops them all!

I thought Toam was the best a
Nd still live thier Fusion Playing tip, but when it comes to breaking the new Bulletproof break tip surpasses it in every way! Bulletproofbreaktips.com check them out.