Virtual Pool 4 Straight Pool Thread

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi. I recently purchased Virtual Pool 4 from Steam. It is really good Pool-simulator/game.
I played some 14.1 with it a little bit so I could get against better AI-opponents.
I was wondering also if someone have that game and would like to have friendly 14.1 matches.
Game takes away the stroke advantage because it will deliver cue with perfect stroke of course. :)

If nobody owns it I maybe could do instructional Youtube-stream and talking about game plans etc.. while playing against AI.

Are here any 14.1 players that would be interested about that kinda idea?

It is really great game but there is of course one flaw. Shooting with mouse is really hard. I mean controlling the speed of stroke.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Hi. I recently purchased Virtual Pool 4 from Steam. It is really good Pool-simulator/game.
I played some 14.1 with it a little bit so I could get against better AI-opponents.
I was wondering also if someone have that game and would like to have friendly 14.1 matches.
Game takes away the stroke advantage because it will deliver cue with perfect stroke of course. :)

If nobody owns it I maybe could do instructional Youtube-stream and talking about game plans etc.. while playing against AI.

Are here any 14.1 players that would be interested about that kinda idea?

It is really great game but there is of course one flaw. Shooting with mouse is really hard. I mean controlling the speed of stroke.

I’ve been meaning to get VP 4, but unsure if my pc can handle it. I’ll look into it, if so I’ll hit you up and maybe we could play.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
At one time there was a mouse that was designed for it. I think the idea was that you moved it more like a stick, but I never saw one.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is okay to play with normal mouse, I think. Just need practice. Just like normal Pool. :D

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im more of a 9 ball guy, but I would play you some 14.1 on the online game if you like. :thumbup:

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im more of a 9 ball guy, but I would play you some 14.1 on the online game if you like. :thumbup:

Sounds good RiverCity.
I also found out it is better to play with laptop touchpad than mouse.
I am also still messing around with settings but I feel a lot more satisfied with speed control now.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds good RiverCity.
I also found out it is better to play with laptop touchpad than mouse.
I am also still messing around with settings but I feel a lot more satisfied with speed control now.

Sounds good, let me know when you would like to play. You can either message me here or there, same username. I sent you a friend request on there to make it easier to find me etc.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AZB won´t let me private message you RiverCity.
I try run stream soon on youtube. (15 min)
My Channel is Poolmanis on tube https://www.youtube.com/user/PoolManis
I post direct link to stream too. I try play tournament 14.1 vs AI. If there happen to come someone on streamchat and challenge me I could go VP4 online and take challenge match also. :)

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Okay. It was a lot harder than i thought. I need to learn to how to properly control speed better or I will suck a lot. lol. Dunno why it was now so bad. It felt insconsistent due program or something but maybe it was me only. :D
I probably practice this like weeks or so and try maybe first record match against someone or AI.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Okay. It was a lot harder than i thought. I need to learn to how to properly control speed better or I will suck a lot. lol. Dunno why it was now so bad. It felt insconsistent due program or something but maybe it was me only. :D
I probably practice this like weeks or so and try maybe first record match against someone or AI.
I don't try to actually play in VP. I always use tracking in practice mode so what I'm working on is patterns.

troi

more lucky than good...
Silver Member
VP4 is awesome

I don't try to actually play in VP. I always use tracking in practice mode so what I'm working on is patterns.

Glad u guys started this thread as I was wondering if ppl here on AzB actually played VP4. I play it on my phone. One thing I like is that I can take a screen grab of a shot (mostly break shots and caroms) and take it to the table to try out. :eek: