2-ball Location in Rack When Using Template Rack for 9-Ball?

sbpoolleague

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Even better: don't draw each pea until it is time to shoot a shot. You never know which ball you should play position for. If you miss a ball, the pea goes back into the bottle and your opponent gets a new one. Lots more strategy.

Awesome enhancement! And I'm sure there could be a lot more ideas out there to add some "wild" balls for handicapping and/or more random fun.

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK so here is my idea for an invention that can be used in a new game called...Random Rotation. Though I thought this up myself, I have no doubt many before me have thought of this.

Basically, Random Rotation works exactly the same as all your other rotation games (eg. 9-ball) except that the order in which the balls become the object ball is randomly chosen immediately AFTER the break shot. The 1-ball is always the first ball in rotation and is racked in its normal spot. The game winning ball (eg. 9-ball) is always the last ball in rotation and is racked in its normal spot. All other balls can be placed however the person racking chooses.

After breaking the rack, a pea bottle with all the other balls in it is shaken and poured out (see picture). The order of those balls determines the order of the rotation.

This would not change the essence of the rotation game at all, and it would totally remove any possibility of an advantage by pattern racking.

pea9.png

+1 !

Actually I think you've invented a whole new game.. 'Lottery' 9 ball !
Each pill is pulled after the previous shot? Talk about random...
sure wouldn't be as fast as regular 9 ball, but I see betting
possibilities.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But it's fairly easy to do at the new place that opened here in town. Something about the new tables and clean shiny balls.

My only point to the discussion was really it doesn't matter where you put the balls. The 2 ball position doesn't really matter.

The Steakhorse on the East Side? I've been there once, played on a 4 1/2 x 9 Diamond. Tightest table I've played on since the last time I played Snooker, 25-30 years ago. Banks good, though;) I agree, I don't think it matters either. As a matter of fact, where I played for 25 years, we were told that a ball in that position often banks into a head pocket.