Micheals Pool Hall

Plumber

Registered
after changing ownership the past 5 years, Micheal Medley is back as owner. The alchohol is gone but the action is picking up. He has recovered all 32 tables including 12 9 foot diamond.Road players from the north be sure to stop by on the way to the derby.You'll get action . ALSO he is planning a viking tourney in march so Janis if you read this he'll be calling you soon. All you other players in the area stop on by, it might be the only room left at the rate its going with everyone else closing. you can always count on the tables being in great condition. Anyway wanted to post this for him to let you know HES BACK

Ky Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
poolcuemaster said:
Where is the room ? sounds like a big poolroom and I like that.

Leonard

I believe he is talking about the Michael's in Cinci. Nice place and plenty of action.

Gary

MikeJanis

Banned
Michael's Billiards
5951 S. Boymel Dr
Fairfield, OH 45014

PH: 513-860-0044

The Viking Tour events back in the day at Michaels always drew 100+ players. Back when we started doing tour events there the added money was only $500 and the auctions were always phenominal... 4-6K at most events.

If anybody talks to Michael before I do please let him know the only available date left is March 1-2, 2008.

Have him call me at 1-800-200-7665

Thanks,

Mj

Last edited:

MikeJanis

Banned
Check out this pic from 1995 taken at Michael's after a Huebler Cues 9-Ball Tour stop. (note: Huebler Cues was the title sponsor before Viking Cues. PS.. Paul Huebler has always been a great sponsor of our sport.)

Can you name everyone in the pic below?

Attachments

• MICHAELS.JPG
    MICHAELS.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:

MikeJanis

Banned
RoadAgent said:
Plenty of action my A$$!!!

Huh ??????

I don't know what it's been like the last 5-6 years but from 1994-2000? Michael's had as much action in there as anywhere in the country.

SHEEEEiiT, I remember spending days in there sleeping on the benches because I never wanted to leave the action. That place rocked!
The Bank-Pool action alone was enopugh for anyone. You could start off easy playing Mike Medley (No Bargain there), Mike Brown, Eric Durbin, then move up to the likes of Jason Miller, Johnny Brumback, Gary Spaeth and on plenty occasions the "Cincinatti Kid" Donnie Anderson would come in to match up. Every Road-Player in the country had a roadmap with Michael's highlighted on it.

If 1-Hole was more your game. well,,,,, you could get down in serious action just about anytime of the day or night. There was always somebody willing to play. I remember 1x betting all we (Leil Gay and I) had against Big Daddy from Cincinnati (Mark Hanna). Leil (JR) was giving him somtin like 15-5 + the breaks. In the last game Leil bet our last 37 cents with someone on the rail. It came down to 1 ball. Man that sure was a pressure cooker.

Last edited:

RoadAgent

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well in 04 Durbin was the only one that we could find that would play.Besides the guy that shot a air barrel at us . I guess they dont call it cincinitty for nothing.

MikeJanis

Banned
RoadAgent said:
well in 04 Durbin was the only one that we could find that would play.Besides the guy that shot a air barrel at us . I guess they dont call it cincinitty for nothing.

Yeah, I heard the last several years in the Natty were pretty tough. A lot of rooms closed (Golden Tee, Snookers?, Michaels switch hands and no more tournaments or action.) It sure is a shame that such a good pool play'in town whent down the tubes. I can tell you for a fact that Michael's switching hands had a lot to do with it. I'm sure Steepletons right down the road in Lexington closing before all that didn't help either.

Right now with Medley back at the helm of Michael's the future looks bright for that region.

MikeJanis

Banned
MikeJanis said:
Check out this pic from 1995 taken at Michael's after a Huebler Cues 9-Ball Tour stop. (note: Huebler Cues was the title sponsor before Viking Cues. PS.. Paul Huebler has always been a great sponsor of our sport.)

Can you name everyone in the pic below?

So, does anybody know the guys in the pic ?

I'll giv'ya 1. That's me on the right.

Attachments

• MICHAELS.JPG
    MICHAELS.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 307

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
MikeJanis said:
So, does anybody know the guys in the pic ?

I'll giv'ya 1. That's me on the right.

medley
cant for the life of me remember
miller
carelli
janis

MikeJanis

Banned
xianmacx said:
medley
cant for the life of me remember
miller
carelli
janis

What was the 2nd guy from the lefts name. He always had nice high dollar cars and like to play 1-hole and bank-pool.

So we got,

Mike Medley
???
Jason Miller
Rick Carelli
Mike Janis

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
he beat Raphael in the finals of a saturday tourney at beechmont billiards around 2000....

first name greg?

MikeJanis

Banned
They could almost be the same guy.

Check out their player stats. In 2002 they both placed 40th in the Derby City Banks event. And both of them only have stats from the Derby..............What's up with that ?

Greg Randall

AzB Player Rank: 817
Change from last week: 4483
2002 Tournament Results:
$110.00 40th place Derby City Classic 9-Ball Banks
2001 Tournament Results:
$100.00 50th place Derby City Classic 9-Ball Banks
2000 Tournament Results:
$106.00 43rd place Derby City Classic 9-Ball Bank

Greg Putnam

AzB Player Rank: 3857
Change from last week: 2945