Mr 600

Balls

Big Brass Balls
Silver Member
John could run 1,000 with one hand, and he'd still have just as many haters.

I did run 1000 one-handed and a bunch of people saw it, We have it on video but we can't let anybody see it because it's priceless. But don't worry everybody signed a paper to prove it! If that's not enough, Look at my haters!

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

They don't hate John. It's far worse than hate. It's jealousy, envy etc...etc.

Just imagine:

Someone plays 14.1 and has been playing for decades. Well, they "think" they are good players and they are in small circles because they run 100 whatever balls once, twice or however many times in their life during practice or ran 50 to 70 balls and out once or twice.

Then you have the few thats rans 200 to 300 balls once or so in their lives.

Now, all of the above just can't understand how anyone else can run 626 balls. Whoever did ot must have cheated or done it on something or SOMETHING!!!! Because THEY could never even get close and can't even imagine running around the block much less around the table making 626 balls.

You know what? I kind of understand the above. I ran 156 balls in competition "once" in a private match and hqve ran 50 to 75 and out several times in the past.

Yes, I love 14.1 and it drives me nuts to know I'm so far below the best it pisses me off but, it doesn't change my character nor my morals.

In the end, I'm pretty good and others are as well, but, all of us together couldn't carry John's cue case when he is in gear.

It's really embarrassing how some of the, so-called "players" on here act.

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Clean and polish balls ,reverse rack to the breaking end of the table...1

Actually, while loathe to drag the balls repeatedly from the other end of a ‘ball-return’ table, since I’m finding it very difficult to reliably get a truly tight rack from the foot-spot on cloth with any significant wear, will try it and see if the pack breaks out better.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They don't hate John. It's far worse than hate. It's jealousy, envy etc...etc.

Just imagine:

Someone plays 14.1 and has been playing for decades. Well, they "think" they are good players and they are in small circles because they run 100 whatever balls once, twice or however many times in their life during practice or ran 50 to 70 balls and out once or twice.

Then you have the few thats rans 200 to 300 balls once or so in their lives.

Now, all of the above just can't understand how anyone else can run 626 balls. Whoever did ot must have cheated or done it on something or SOMETHING!!!! Because THEY could never even get close and can't even imagine running around the block much less around the table making 626 balls.

You know what? I kind of understand the above. I ran 156 balls in competition "once" in a private match and hqve ran 50 to 75 and out several times in the past.

Yes, I love 14.1 and it drives me nuts to know I'm so far below the best it pisses me off but, it doesn't change my character nor my morals.

In the end, I'm pretty good and others are as well, but, all of us together couldn't carry John's cue case when he is in gear.

It's really embarrassing how some of the, so-called "players" on here act.

Did you read the last issue if billiards digest? The editor throws down on this forum without really calling it out by name--but he has a colorful description for the naysayers.
Then there is the excellent article about John and his quest and the triumph.

The most astonishing sidebar is the one that lists all of johns runs by date, how many, and how often, during his quest to break Mosconi. His 300s and 400s in that short period of time of legendary in itself. And some of those are already on YouTube.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
nothing but bull

It's a lot less fun making fun of someone when they don't understand it's happening.

This is what a bully would say. Where r the pockets logical anyhue? If u can't make it - then fake it is a logical response of today's miner-odity and I totally disagree with logical and his or her gang of govt phonie's. Too many skids forced them into phoney device claims. when there done with the video I'm sure the title will weigh 60 pounds - yellow journalism is very logical way to view this. better days.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
yep

I did run 1000 one-handed and a bunch of people saw it, We have it on video but we can't let anybody see it because it's priceless. But don't worry everybody signed a paper to prove it! If that's not enough, Look at my haters!

I agree with this.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
This is what a bully would say. Where r the pockets logical anyhue? If u can't make it - then fake it is a logical response and I totally disagree with logical and his or her gang of govt phonie's. Too many skids forced them into phoney device claims. when there done with the video I'm sure the title will weigh 60 pounds - yellow journalism is very logical way to view this. better days.

Love your game DH but your a tough read.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
yep

Love your game DH but your a tough read.

thanks and roger that as well, so is the fakebbok crowd and their goofy govt sponsored devices claims. honest injun' only here cuebuddy. Not a fan of govt sposored smokey mirrored corruption. Is that easier to understand cue holder?

Last edited:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you read the last issue if billiards digest? The editor throws down on this forum without really calling it out by name--but he has a colorful description for the naysayers.

The most astonishing sidebar is the one that lists all of johns runs by date, how many, and how often, during his quest to break Mosconi. His 300s and 400s in that short period of time of legendary in itself. And some of those are already on YouTube.

Yes, it was a good read. And yes, he hammered "x" site....lol...

I'm really surprised sometimes at the stuff I see posted on here.

AZB isn't the first, second or even third choice I would recommend to a newb. Why? Well, not because there aren't experienced players or even a few good instructors here but, because it's so hard to swim through all the BS to get to the few bits of badly needed advice.

^^^^^ is a huge problem for a true newb because a true newb doesn't know the garbage from the goods on here.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks and roger that as well, so is the fakebbok crowd and their goofy govt sponsored devices claims. honest injun' only here cuebuddy. Not a fan of govt sposored smokey mirrored corruption. Is that easier to understand cue holder?

I actually understand that :).

I like your game as well, sir.

Jeff

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
This is what a bully would say. Where r the pockets logical anyhue? If u can't make it - then fake it is a logical response of today's miner-odity and I totally disagree with logical and his or her gang of govt phonie's. Too many skids forced them into phoney device claims. when there done with the video I'm sure the title will weigh 60 pounds - yellow journalism is very logical way to view this. better days.
A bully?...do you have me confused with someone else? The rest I can't really follow.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I didn’t read it and in fact let my subscription lapse sometime ago after several decades as a subscriber.

Nobody here hates JS. And except for a couple of hard cases I’d say most here believe records were made to be broken. But seeing an unedited video would be nice though even me, a dyed-in-the-wool 14.1 fan, is starting to lose interest.

Talk about not striking while the iron is hot...

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, it was a good read. And yes, he hammered "x" site....lol...

I'm really surprised sometimes at the stuff I see posted on here.

AZB isn't the first, second or even third choice I would recommend to a newb. Why? Well, not because there aren't experienced players or even a few good instructors here but, because it's so hard to swim through all the BS to get to the few bits of badly needed advice.

^^^^^ is a huge problem for a true newb because a true newb doesn't know the garbage from the goods on here.

Don’t kid yourself — what is said here still matters... at least enough for the editor of BD to take note and comment.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Danny, good to see you post — how’re you hitting them?

Lou Figueroa

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually, while loathe to drag the balls repeatedly from the other end of a ‘ball-return’ table, since I’m finding it very difficult to reliably get a truly tight rack from the foot-spot on cloth with any significant wear, will try it and see if the pack breaks out better.

Boy, does it ever make a difference! Balls spread nicely with a softer hit. Totally tight rack every time, and unless I’m imagining it, the less-used head pocket facings seem slipperier, and medium hit shots bobble less often there.
Maybe the divots in ‘trained’ cloth (even when the pack IS truly frozen) are somehow holding the balls together (?). Whatever, IMHO, table-head 14.1 racking on worn cloth definitely worth the added exercise.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Boy, does it ever make a difference! Balls spread nicely with a softer hit. Totally tight rack every time, and unless I’m imagining it, the less-used head pocket facings seem slipperier, and medium hit shots bobble less often there.
Maybe the divots in ‘trained’ cloth (even when the pack IS truly frozen) are somehow holding the balls together (?). Whatever, IMHO, table-head 14.1 racking on worn cloth definitely worth the added exercise.

Two words: drop pockets.

Lou Figueroa

Balls

Big Brass Balls
Silver Member

BeiberLvr,

Look, nobody hates the guy. It's just that a lot of people disagree with this "event" for a variety of reasons. Ethics comes to mind to me first, but others have different reasons.

Whatever our reasons we were handed a guy drinking 5-hour energy on his home modified table, with a modified cue and a worthless piece of paper signed by his friends who mostly stand to gain from the event or don't exist. Then not even a video to begin to let any of us believe it really happened.

And then eat it and shut up from the Trolls here. Not gonna happen but they keep going because if you say it enough it will come true.

Some people here think he earned a title instead of winning it.

anyways, nobody hates him, the story is so sad it offends a lot of people and is considered despicable to many, maybe you to as life goes on.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Hi Lou

Danny, good to see you post — how’re you hitting them?

Lou Figueroa

Yes, ran a 95 on bertha just a couple days ago and it was kindy' smooth - thanks for asking - i still love the game- they will never take that away from me Lou.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Yes, ran a 95 on bertha just a couple days ago and it was kindy' smooth - thanks for asking - i still love the game- they will never take that away from me Lou.

Did you draw that picture under your name? I love it.

Shut it balls, with your 5 hr energy lol.