Gold Member
Silver Member
Careful dealing with the buyer Henry Vu his contact info is the following:

Henry Vu
126 w Charlotte ave
Mount Holly NC 28120
225-272-9533
vuhenry90@gmail.com

He agreed upon a price, then after i shipped the item having to drive 60 miles on a special trip because he wanted the item sooner. When i arrived home halfway through the next day after the special trip and making a $25 label with UPS, he sends an e-mail telling me that he changed his mind and i should go back to the place 60 miles away and pick my item again. At that time he said the reason was he thought he could find the item cheaper. The next day he sent a message if i was willing to accept $200 less he wouldn't refuse shipment, then the following day if i would accept $100 less he would not refuse shipment, i am guessing he has done these sort of dealings with other AZBer's before so i wanted to warn anyone else before getting involved with this buyer. HE IS A SCAMMER and sellers be aware of his backdoor dealings!

JC

Coos Cues
It would help if there were screenshots of asking for the lower price.

You'd think a doctor would have better principles.

https://www.mounthollydentistry.com/#!/page_ABOUT

I had an Doctor come into my shop and decided to take his car 100 miles away for a dealer special oil change that was 25 bucks cheaper after I wouldn't match it.

His name was Ngo.

It seems like the earning side of our economy is no problem but come off a dime?

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
probably he is not a very focused dentist if he has time to try and negotiate all this B.S. with you Gambler67- BTW- I like that Stenback sneaky that you sold me on eBay- Keith puts together a nice hitting sneaky- and that cocobolo butt he used is as nice a piece of wood as can be found for a sneaky!

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
What do you call a doctor who failed out of medical school?
A Dentist

You anti-dentite bastard

I wouldn't go as far as to say this so-called dentist is a scammer, but he does sound
like a cheap chiseler who probably fights with the grocery store cashier over a 50 cent coupon..

Last edited:

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Those who can, do.

Those who can't, teach.

Those who can't teach, teach gym.

All the best,
WW

Reactions: JC

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Careful dealing with the buyer Henry Vu his contact info is the following:

Henry Vu
126 w Charlotte ave
Mount Holly NC 28120
225-272-9533
vuhenry90@gmail.com

He agreed upon a price, then after i shipped the item having to drive 60 miles on a special trip because he wanted the item sooner. When i arrived home halfway through the next day after the special trip and making a $25 label with UPS, he sends an e-mail telling me that he changed his mind and i should go back to the place 60 miles away and pick my item again. At that time he said the reason was he thought he could find the item cheaper. The next day he sent a message if i was willing to accept $200 less he wouldn't refuse shipment, then the following day if i would accept $100 less he would not refuse shipment, i am guessing he has done these sort of dealings with other AZBer's before so i wanted to warn anyone else before getting involved with this buyer. HE IS A SCAMMER and sellers be aware of his backdoor dealings!

Isn't it customary to get paid prior to shipping an item out?

I'm not sure if I'm reading this right but it looks like he was in a position to renegotiate the price after you shipped the item.

Is this right and if so why was it done that way?

Last edited:

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Sounds more like the flakes that seem to be the majority of craigslist buyers. I'm not so sure there is a scam going on but how could we know with so few details about the agreement that the seller had with the buyer. We don't even know if payment was made...that's kind of important to the story.

I've sold (and bought) thousands of hobby-related items from 50 cents to $15,000 on Ebay, Craigslist, various forums, estate sales, etc. If a buyer wants it faster he can come get it. If he wants it before paying he's out of luck. If he wants it at a lower price than we agreed to, good luck finding another one and have a nice day.

Again, Is the man you are calling out a scammer, a reasonable person or just a flake? I have no idea, we have maybe 63% of half the story.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gambler67

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i was hoping someone would know it, he never messaged me here, but this was the only place i listed the item for sale, he said he seen my e-mail address in a post here but the whole thing sounded fishy

gambler67

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i did receive payment before shipping but as everyone knows paypal and Ebay always give refunds regardless

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
i was hoping someone would know it, he never messaged me here, but this was the only place i listed the item for sale, he said he seen my e-mail address in a post here but the whole thing sounded fishy

a few guys including myself have requested more info about your deal so informed opinions can be formed.

Would you mind filling in some of those important blanks?

Calling a guy out as a scammer publicly and posting all of his personal info is a pretty big deal and should be accompanied by a compelling set of facts explaining how he scammed.

best,
brian kc

gambler67

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
yes payment was made with paypal, it was for $600 for a Justis 2 toned with snake skin on the pockets, first thing he offered $400 i said your not even close and then he came back with $500 saying he was a serious buyer, i turned him down again he comes back with $550 and i said i would have to think about it, so finally he says ok i agree to your $600 and wanted it shipped immediately, i told him the soonest it could be shipped was the next morning and made a label that night, knowing that he wanted to get the item as soon as possible i made a special trip to the closest UPS store which is like 35 miles away, i figured he wouldn't want it taken to a drop because it would not be picked up until the end of the day(the only UPS drop in my town), so i get back home and check my e-mail around noon and he left a message saying he changed his mind because he found a cheaper case and said he canceled the shipment because i had given him tracking info the night before, so then he wanted me to go pick up the item and refund his money, as he has rubbed in my nose from the beginning Paypal will always refund money for whatever reason even if buyers remorse or whatever in this case, so at this point i hope i just get my case back without being tampered with since what he is saying now he will refuse the item and file a claim with Paypal but in 20 years of selling stuff i have never dealt with this type of character before, WOW a dentist really?

gambler67

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
immediately after i he bought he wanted it posted as sold on here, i guess he was worried about me being like him and taking a better deal, looking back knowing this type of joker i was dealing with i should have kept it up for sale but i don't conduct business that way