Old Adams que

Jason Greathous

I have had this since around 1998 or so and wanted to see if it’s worth anything

Attachments

• BFCFF2F0-E04F-4DA4-986A-D1FD1C02D3AF.jpg
    BFCFF2F0-E04F-4DA4-986A-D1FD1C02D3AF.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 283

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi-

Welcome to the forum! :thumbup:

Not to be picky but it's Adam, not Adams. Common mistake. And it is cue...not que. :wink: http://grammarist.com/usage/cue-queue/

Anyway, a plain Adam like that ( I suspect it is plain) is worth something as a player to those who like them.

Condition is everything.

In nice shape, probably worth around 100...maybe more, maybe less.

Old fancy Adam cues can draw significantly more an can be quite collectible.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes Doc it does say Adam on the butt plate.
Not Adams.

Years ago there were people on this site pronouncing my Lucasi as POS.
Not much of that anymore.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes Doc it does say Adam on the butt plate.
Not Adams.

Years ago there were people on this site pronouncing my Lucasi as POS.
Not much of that anymore.

TMLC! :thumbup:

POS? :angry:

:grin-square::grin-square::grin-square:

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
The best Adam cues were full-splice.
The shaft pictured is very low grade .
I'm actually surprised Adam even used that shaft .
$100 might be a good guess for that cue's value.

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know anything about Adam cues, but that is one ugly piece of shaft wood (in the sense of grain run-out/unfitness for the purpose, not actual perceived attractiveness). If it's still straight there is no justness in the cosmos. :grin:

smt

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The best Adam cues were full-splice.
The shaft pictured is very low grade .
I'm actually surprised Adam even used that shaft .
$100 might be a good guess for that cue's value.

Adam even made Ramin cues...low end decal cues with really poor maple shafts...and more.

This isn't even their worst.

Yes, they made very good cues. But among makers the spectrum of quality of Adam was among the widest range since their early days. It isn't something they hid. They really just were serving a wide range of price points.

Yeah...a lot of grain runoff on that shaft.

Last edited:

Bumlak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi-

Welcome to the forum! :thumbup:

Not to be picky but it's Adam, not Adams. Common mistake. And it is cue...not que. :wink: http://grammarist.com/usage/cue-queue/

Anyway, a plain Adam like that ( I suspect it is plain) is worth something as a player to those who like them.

Condition is everything.

In nice shape, probably worth around 100...maybe more, maybe less.

Old fancy Adam cues can draw significantly more an can be quite collectible.

I would agree. Nifty cue although I would agree value wise. It's gonna be a solid player for someone who enjoys them or throw a phenolic tip / ferrule on it and it would make a great little breaker.

BTW, we often still spell it queue in German, I would assume from the French origins. My father would have probably told me that I was wrong and that I should give up my citizenship for saying that since apparently everything was invented in Germany (according to him.)

Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would agree. Nifty cue although I would agree value wise. It's gonna be a solid player for someone who enjoys them or throw a phenolic tip / ferrule on it and it would make a great little breaker.

BTW, we often still spell it queue in German, I would assume from the French origins. My father would have probably told me that I was wrong and that I should give up my citizenship for saying that since apparently everything was invented in Germany (according to him.)

Yes indeed. Cue in the us....and sometimes queue...but not que. :wink:

Your father would have been happy to know that the largest ethnic group or national origin in the united states is....Germans. :wink:

The reason I correct people when they type que or misspell a cue name, especially when they are looking for information, is because it will improve their search results. :)

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Adam even made Ramin cues...low end decal cues with really poor maple shafts...and more.

This isn't even their worst.

Yes, they made very good cues. But among makers the spectrum of quality of Adam was among the widest range since their early days. It isn't something they his. They really just were serving a wide range of price points.

Yeah...a lot of grain runoff on that shaft.

Well, this was when they were made in JAPAN.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MO4eAoKzZM
I don't when they went to Taiwan or China.