happy now guys?

duke@neo.rr.com

soon to be banned
Silver Member
for those of you who "took it upon yourself" to contact Bob DZ about me, I request you fix this as I fixed the ebay thing for Bryan Plummer after our deal that went bad and you requested I fix that. myself and Bob had been doing buisness for years before this, and now he's "too busy" to take a SP order from me. I don't even know if he'll re-tip my cues for me, and his son Mark wants me to play leagues w/ him next year. all I want is for our buisness relationship to go back to the way it was, and I think you guys can help the way you helped destroy it. I'm not saying it's all your fault and maybe I should've stayed off the computer, but it's ALL I had to do. I just request some help in fixing this issue, because if it can't be fixed, I'll have to quit playing and don't want that. any help would be appreciated guys/girls. thanks in advance

justnick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sorry to hear

how did they ruin your friendship with dz cues? I think he made cues for you before what made him stop?

duke@neo.rr.com

soon to be banned
Silver Member
????????????

justnick said:
how did they ruin your friendship with dz cues? I think he made cues for you before what made him stop?

I'm not saying it's all their fault, I helped. I did say they pushed the issue a little far and would like it normal again. I guess I should let everyone try their own things and NOT make suggestions or my opinion known. lesson learned.:(

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you feeling ok? You'll have to quit playing pool if you can't order another DZ cue? Errrrr.......Ok.

Zims Rack

Promoting the Cueing Arts
Silver Member
Matt_24 said:
Are you feeling ok? You'll have to quit playing pool if you can't order another DZ cue? Errrrr.......Ok.
Tap! Tap! Tap!

My thoughts exactly!
Zim

VonRhett

Friends Call Me "von"
Silver Member
duke@neo.rr.com said:
because if it can't be fixed, I'll have to quit playing and don't want that.
:confused: :confused: :confused:
Duke, I remember that lengthy thread about your custom DZ cue, that he made it to your exact specs and the general consensus was that it was butt-ugly and never should have left his shop. He made the exact cue you wanted, then a few months later you decided to sell it and couldn't get anywhere near what you were hoping. The fact that it looked like a Christmas tree probably contributed to the perceived value/resale problem.

IIRC, the worst thing that was written was that if you were the only one promoting DZ Cues, that Bob had real problems (to paraphrase). You do come off as bi-polar, with self-centric and/or flaming posts one day and apologies the next.

But I can't imagine why AZers would contact Bob about you. All he needed to do was look at your Posts and decide for himself. But can you REALLY blame him for not wanting to make another cue for you? The guy made exactly what you designed - your dream cue, and shortly thereafter you're dumping it on the secondary market.

I know my confidence in DZ cues was shaken a little, only because IMO that cue should never have been made. Though Bob made that one as a statement for & about you, every cue still makes a strong statement about the cuemaker. He did you a favor by making that godawful design, then you pawn it off as a great DZ cue.

Bottom line? IMHO, AZers didn't cause a problem between you and DZ cues. This is a fire that you created, pumped the fuel on it, then let it die. Now months later you want other people to pour some water on the smoldering coals?

buddha162

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
duke@neo.rr.com said:
for those of you who "took it upon yourself" to contact Bob DZ about me, I request you fix this as I fixed the ebay thing for Bryan Plummer after our deal that went bad and you requested I fix that. myself and Bob had been doing buisness for years before this, and now he's "too busy" to take a SP order from me. I don't even know if he'll re-tip my cues for me, and his son Mark wants me to play leagues w/ him next year. all I want is for our buisness relationship to go back to the way it was, and I think you guys can help the way you helped destroy it. I'm not saying it's all your fault and maybe I should've stayed off the computer, but it's ALL I had to do. I just request some help in fixing this issue, because if it can't be fixed, I'll have to quit playing and don't want that. any help would be appreciated guys/girls. thanks in advance

Your request is beyond irrational. Did you come off your meds?

Bob is a fine cuemaker, but you didn't do him any favors here on AZ. If he realizes that and no longer wishes to associate himself with you, accept it and move on.

-Roger

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
buddha162 said:
Your request is beyond irrational. Did you come off your meds?

Bob is a fine cuemaker, but you didn't do him any favors here on AZ. If he realizes that and no longer wishes to associate himself with you, accept it and move on.

-Roger
Why then are you so surprised when you hear your own eulogy?;)
Your avatar still rules- and I can still can't find my CD!

Guru

outta stroke
Silver Member
Seeing double?

Duke, as I read one of your posts I noticed a shocking similarity.

Attachments

• duke frownie.JPG
    duke frownie.JPG
    2.4 KB · Views: 484

buddha162

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Black-Balled said:
Why then are you so surprised when you hear your own eulogy?;)
Your avatar still rules- and I can still can't find my CD!

Man I've heard those songs so many times I don't need a cd anymore, lol.

-Roger

buddha162

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SphinxnihpS said:
New CD in April!:)

I heard May...but either way I'll be shocked to get it anytime before july. Remember Lateralus?

-Roger (will squeal like a little girl when I rip the cellophane off the album)

Egg McDogit

street player
Silver Member
VonRhett said:
The fact that it looked like a Christmas tree probably contributed to the perceived value/resale problem.

ROFL does anyone have a picture of this cue?

buddha162 said:
I heard May...but either way I'll be shocked to get it anytime before july. Remember Lateralus?

-Roger (will squeal like a little girl when I rip the cellophane off the album)

All things TooL come to those who wait... and wait and wait.

pharaoh68

Banned
SphinxnihpS said:
All things TooL come to those who wait... and wait and wait.

You guys are having a tool conversation without inviting me? I'm hurt Roger!
As soon as a release date is set in stone, I know a little record store that'll be getting a visit from me one month in advance. I bought lateralus there about three weeks before its release date! :D

duke@neo.rr.com

soon to be banned
Silver Member
no

Matt_24 said:

no Matt, I'll have to cause as soon as my tips wear down, I'll have no-one to replace them and he is the only cuemaker in my area that has any idea what he's doing. I can't play with no tip...can I??