Do any LD shafts hit like normal shafts?

DJordan816

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't tried any LD shaft except for predators and I don't like them because of the hollow hit. I was wondering if there are any LD shafts out there that hit solid like a normal shaft and if so how do they deflect compared to predators? Thanks in advance.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Yes...

I haven't tried any LD shaft except for predators and I don't like them because of the hollow hit. I was wondering if there are any LD shafts out there that hit solid like a normal shaft and if so how do they deflect compared to predators? Thanks in advance.

I designed one for that specific reason. It is not yet commercially available though. Obcues makes the ob classic, which doesn't have the hollow hit either.

Jaden

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member

Steve Klapp's old maple shafts are pretty low in deflection, but are solid maple.

Bambu

Dave Manasseri
Silver Member
Tiger makes some nice L/D shafts too. Compared to say, a Z-2, they feel much closer to normal.

scottjen26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have heard great things about the SS360 shafts made by Bob Danielson (bdcues). Have not ordered one yet, as a friend just sent me a new shaft to try, but great reviews.
Scott

krychekrowe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chrippa let me try a Lambros LD yesterday. Big difference between Lambros and Predator, Lambros feels so solid. The lambros was close to the Mezz WD700 and Hybrid pro in feel, of course a very subjective feel thus opinion.

Chuck521

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would recomend the Ob classic line if you want a name brand mass produced shaft. And an SS360 shaft from bob danielson of bdcues if your wanting a good low deflection shaft that has a solid hit and is made to order how ever you like.

Just my .02 cents

CrownCityCorey

Sock it to 'em!
Silver Member

Tiger is well known for a preserved "hit" with LD properties. The X-LD is what you are looking for. PM me if you wish to purchase one.

bdcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yes, ours. Solid hit, lots of feedback and made to order for less than mass produced ones. Here is a part of the last customer feedback we received -

"I'm thoroughly impressed by the shaft you made.
It's really spectacular. Love the thing.
This is the first time I've been able to play an LD shaft and pretend it's a solid maple shaft until it's time for those LD shots. I started playing pool in the 80s and got very used to solid maple shafts so it's been a heck of a journey shifting over to LD. This is the first time I can see that happen."
Ingo S. TX

Bob Danielson
bdcues

RSCA HOOLIGAN

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ss360

the SS360 is one of the best LD shafts out there , i tried almost every LD shaft out there and nothing comes even close to the playability of the SS360 .

madhatter44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pechauer Pro

Great shaft . Solid and firm hit.I have the Pro which has is 12.75.They also have a Pro lite at 11.75. Well priced at less than $200 from Cheapcues.:

bdcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How much does the ss360 go for?
Looking for more info on them.

We make shafts from 13.25mm down to 11.00mm. It is possible to make them 10.00mm with a different taper. Shaft lengths to 31.5". Shafts can be ordered with any joint diameter, most joint pin sizes and ferrule lengths can be specified along with ferrule material. Matching joint collars are standard and for an extra charge we match trim rings. Standard tip is the Kamui with 12 options for these. Other tips are not a problem either.

Last edited:

coelhojoli5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try McD G-Core shaft.. It´s not a normal shaft and not a LD shaft... I guess it´s in the middle... Maybe you like it :wink: