New Panjo Marketplace

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey gang, I said we were "trying" it.

I'm interested in actual feedback from people who have tried it. Not really interested in "Oh my god. Something is different. You suck" feedback.

For those of you that have tried posting items, what works and what doesn't?

Bob, how is the paypal linking broken?

Mike
As I recall, I selected "collect by paypal", filled in all my info (name, email, I pay the fee) and clicked continue. Nothing happened. I changed to "I'll arrange payment" and it worked. I was eventually taken to a Panjo-formatted page as opposed to the AZB page where my item was posted. This was confusing. While on that Panjo page, I tried to search for "books" and nothing was returned. I had thought that I would see my own item at least.

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
No, we do not use your email addresses for anything. We already have your email addresses when you registered for the forum. Why would this be any different?

You aren't being charged anything to post items on it. How would be financially benefit from that?

I know you guys dont use them. I was wondering if the other site did. I didnt know if it was one of those deals to where the site sales your info to spammers. I know AZ wouldnt do that.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just tried it. Failed. When I tried to save changes or submit sale, it just went to a blank page and did nothing.

Edit:
Looks like it did work. A bit confusing at first but looks like a reasonable process.

Last edited:

SKPool

Registered
As I recall, I selected "collect by paypal", filled in all my info (name, email, I pay the fee) and clicked continue. Nothing happened. I changed to "I'll arrange payment" and it worked. I was eventually taken to a Panjo-formatted page as opposed to the AZB page where my item was posted. This was confusing. While on that Panjo page, I tried to search for "books" and nothing was returned. I had thought that I would see my own item at least.
Worked quite well form me. Was quick and very intuitive.

joeG

Registered
i posted a cue using this panjo thingie, but it posted my cue to the panjo marketplace and not on the usual for sale forum. what's up with that?

robertod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No working for me on Windows 8 and Chrome browser. When I click " original post" I get a flash of a post and then it disappears. So it is " BUY IT NOW" and no negotiation?

asiasdad

Banned
OK, we are going to run the Panjo marketplace and see how it works for us.

When you post a new item in this area, you will be taken to the marketplace to set up the item and upon creation of the item in the marketplace, a thread will be created in this area with a link to your item in the marketplace.

There are no fees involved with this marketplace FOR NOW, but we will be looking into a structure where non Gold Members will have to pay a small placement fee.

Until we do implement that fee, have at it and post all that you want.

One important caveat though. You can NOT post new items that are currently in the AzB marketplace. We are not going to have people using this area to compete with our own marketplace.

Thanks for understanding.

Mike,

I'm a gold member.

I just clicked on "new thread" and it took me to this panjo thing.

I then clicked on "return to azbilliards" and it bounced me completely
off the site....??????????????

how do I list something in for sale without using this panjo thing ?

Also, on several occasions today I would go to the for sale section and see
what it is showing as the top thread....when I go to for sale, that thread is
nowhere to be found...this panjo is just too fukked up for me.

This is some honest feedback for you.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
For the moment, people are not being redirected to the panjo marketplace as it appears to be having issues.

I also made some changes to the for sale area today so that threads are listed in the order that they were created. Bumping will not do anything to move you to the top at the moment.

Mike

JAlan

Gerbil Jeff
Silver Member
Another issue I have with Panjo is when viewing items from Tapatalk, which is probably the biggest app used for viewing forums on mobile devices.

The Panjo photo displaying is not nearly as smooth as the photos that are hosted by AZ. AZ hosted photos are displayed directly into the device where the Panjo photos are wanting to open to the Panjo site for viewing. Seems to take much longer now.

Not a deal killer of course, just a gripe :)

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also made some changes to the for sale area today so that threads are listed in the order that they were created. Bumping will not do anything to move you to the top at the moment.

Mike

:thumbup:

Set the For Sale forum so that only Gold members can list classified ads and you have eliminated an enormous junk of spam.

Panjo may turn out to be a good thing, but everyone knows that the more steps involved will mean more problems to solve.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes I agree, plus does this new market place have anything to do with the normal sale section not being in chronological order anymore?

The for sale section was never listed in chronological order, but it is now.

It was originally set to show threads in order of the most recent post. That's why "bumping" worked. The most recent post would bump your thread to the top. The way it is now, if your classified is old, it will linger to the back pages and be out of sight.

A good setting is to auto-delete threads that are more than 30 days old. If you haven't sold anything in a month, then you are doing something wrong.

asiasdad

Banned
The for sale section was never listed in chronological order, but it is now.

It was originally set to show threads in order of the most recent post. That's why "bumping" worked. The most recent post would bump your thread to the top. The way it is now, if your classified is old, it will linger to the back pages and be out of sight.

A good setting is to auto-delete threads that are more than 30 days old. If you haven't sold anything in a month, then you are doing something wrong.

I like the 30 day auto delete idea and agree completely.

What I can see as a problem with the new system is it is not condusive to one
posting a multiple of cues in one thread as you would have as an example 4 cues
dropping out of site at one time instead of individually.

SKPool

Registered
i posted a cue using this panjo thingie, but it posted my cue to the panjo marketplace and not on the usual for sale forum. what's up with that?
Not sure. I am new to the board so panjo was the first thi g I used. I have recieved some communicatio on my listing so it seems to be working....

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the 30 day auto delete idea and agree completely.

What I can see as a problem with the new system is it is not condusive to one
posting a multiple of cues in one thread as you would have as an example 4 cues
dropping out of site at one time instead of individually.

I have another solution to that.

Create subforums:
Cues
Cue Cases
Cue Accessories
Apparel

Then make it mandatory to have individual listings for cues. There are so many people that do not list their for sale ads in their signatures. I don't see why... It's free advertising any time you post!

For example:

CLICK PICTURE TO GO TO AZBILLIARDS.COM

It's simple URL and IMG text coding. Nearly every vBulletin forum uses the same codes.