The hustler is coming on tv

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
The Hustler is coming on TV: DIRECT TV on Sunday 8/23 @ 6:45 a.m. Ch 258 FXMHD

Tell your friends, I've told mine.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
Warm up the popcorn popper and ice down the beer, The Hustler -- the movie that launched billiards, baby boomers, and brunswick into the pool stratosphere of '60's and '70's -- is back.
If this movie had not been made . . . would AZB even exist?
This movie should be required viewing for everyone who owns a cue,

Last edited:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
7:45am Eastern time...and it's on FXM on cable too, if you don't have Direct TV.

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

The Hustler is coming on TV: DIRECT TV on Sunday 8/23 @ 6:45 a.m. Ch 258 FXMHD

Tell your friends, I've told mine.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Paul Newman beats Jackie Gleason and George C Scott tells Newman he's banned from every pool hall in America.

Great movie with heavyweight acting but the ending isn't plausible. Impossible Newman would have been banned from every pool hall in the nation. Maybe in one city but not nationwide.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
Here is my question: Is the DVD HD? Last time I watched it on TV it was not HD, but I watched a clip on YT the other day and it was great -- seemed to be HD to the wall. I am hoping the one coming up on TV is HD.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Paul Newman beats Jackie Gleason and George C Scott tells Newman he's banned from every pool hall in America.

Great movie with heavyweight acting but the ending isn't plausible. Impossible Newman would have been banned from every pool hall in the nation. Maybe in one city but not nationwide.

Of course you are correct.
Eddie went through a hell of a lot during the course of the movie including introspection.
Could have lost his taste for the game too.
It happens.
Some people retire from the game for one reason or another and
then pick it back up after a decade or two or three.
Hence, "The Color of Money."
Everybody should read the book "The Color of Money."

The saga combined goes from straight pool to 9 ball, which is what really happened in the game.

I took 4 decades off myself.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is my question: Is the DVD HD? Last time I watched it on TV it was not HD, but I watched a clip on YT the other day and it was great -- seemed to be HD to the wall. I am hoping the one coming up on TV is HD.

I've seen it on blu-ray and it's pretty decent quality, you can get it on ebay for under $10 shipped.

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks for the spoiler

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Fast Eddie was never banned, Burt warned him off, don't ever walk into a big time pool again. Implying he's mob connected.

https://youtu.be/fRQsuCJ-g4I?t=95

In the Color of Money, Fast Eddies explains to Vince that he retired because he got into the wrong kind of people, back East.

https://youtu.be/6nBLssNl-5g?t=43

Hope this clears things up.