Pool halls in Bradenton Florida area

DappleHillJim

Registered
Anyone know of a hall in the area of Bradenton with decent 9' tables? No bar tables, coin ops or teen hangouts. I have looked at Livingston's and Pool Hall 41 and neither are my cup of tea. Perhaps a veterans organization or fraternal hall such as BPOE, etc.
TIA

mattkenefick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last edited:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's an hour drive each way. Strokers is a great room. So is Crooked Cue...which is 30 minutes north of Bradenton in Clearwater. Lots of pool halls in the Tampa Bay area...not so much in Bradenton or Sarasota.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Not sure how close "close" is in Florida, but there's a seemingly nice looking place called Strokers in Palm Harbor. ( https://chalkysticks-cms.s3.amazonaws.com/venue-photo-1061-8343-lg.jpg )

30901 US Hwy 19 N, Palm Harbor, FL 34684, USA

------------------

Also:

Livingston's Amusement Center
https://chalkysticks-cms.s3.amazonaws.com/venue-photo-6518-3642-lg.jpg
5947 Clark Center Ave, Sarasota, FL 34238, USA

Edit: Nevermind, you already mentioned you didn't like this one.

mattkenefick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's an hour drive each way. Strokers is a great room. So is Crooked Cue...which is 30 minutes north of Bradenton in Clearwater. Lots of pool halls in the Tampa Bay area...not so much in Bradenton or Sarasota.

Scott Lee

Wasn't sure what was an acceptable distance to travel. Here in Manhattan, it takes me minimum of 40 minutes to get almost anywhere... so it's just accepted than some trips are an hour each way.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOL...I know what you mean. It's taken me, literally, 30 minutes to go around the block in Manhattan! I lived in MT for 20 yrs...we used to drive TWO hours, each way, just to go shopping! :eek: :D Now I'm lucky...I have 4 pool rooms, all with 9' tables, within 15 minutes of me. :thumbup:

Scott Lee

Wasn't sure what was an acceptable distance to travel. Here in Manhattan, it takes me minimum of 40 minutes to get almost anywhere... so it's just accepted than some trips are an hour each way.

Last edited:

axejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott gave some good info. If you don't mind driving out of Bradenton, try the Crooked Cue. 3 Diamonds and 8 Gandys. 30 to 40 minute drive across the Bay from Bradenton.

DappleHillJim

Registered
Thanks everyone

I see now I will have to drive more and play longer when I have an opportunity to play. It will be worth it, though!

jaetee

rack master ;)
Silver Member
Scott Lee has it right... Crooked Cue is a good 20 mins closer to Bradenton than Strokers. And both are outstanding pool halls.

Strokers has a bigger menu with a fantastic full service kitchen. The food there really is at least two full letter grades better than what you'd probably expect to be served in a pool hall. If you do make the extra trip to Strokers, I would avoid Thursday nights at all costs. That's APA 8-ball night and the place gets packed to the gills with smokers and all tables are usually occupied. Tuesdays is APA 9-ball night there, and there are usually some rental tables available.

The only real place to play in Bradenton when I used to live in that area was Livingstons in Bradenton (at 4828 14th St W, Bradenton, FL) Do not confuse that Livingstons with the one on Clark Rd. in Sarasota, which is more like a Celebration Station family arcade game center.

The thing is... depending on where you live in the greater Sarasota/Bradenton/Palmetto area, if you live (or are staying) in close proximity to I-75, then you are better off driving north and across the skyway bridge into Pinellas County at interstate speeds to get to Crooked Cue.

There is also a bar in St.Pete called Flamingos Sports Bar, which is frequented by some AZ members. I think that place might be another 10 minutes closer to you, but I've never been there so I can't vouch for the quality of the playing environment or food or such. There are some players there, as I have seen some competent APA teams from out of that establishment at the Cities tournaments. Just don't confuse it with "The Flamingo Resort" in South St. Pete which is a flaming gay bar who might be interested in your "other" stick. LOL!

Good luck

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
I've been there once and didn't see anything.

I did visit a couple bars with tables though. Walked out with the cash at Steel City Bar/grill and the Pattywaggon. Fish in a barrel.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've been there once and didn't see anything.

I did visit a couple bars with tables though. Walked out with the cash at Steel City Bar/grill and the Pattywaggon. Fish in a barrel.

isnt almost everyone a fish in a barrel for you??:thumbup:

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
isnt almost everyone a fish in a barrel for you??:thumbup:

lol it was actually a pretty funny story in Bradenton. I went to hang with friends, ended up at a bar with a table. I just sat around drinking telling the only person in the place with his own cue how easy pool looks and that you just hit them into the holes. I also strongly disagreed with him that he knew where his cueball was going after he hit it because that's impossible. :) but also, he was way more terrible than me.

Money fell out of his pocket into mine. lol

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Strokers food is outstanding for a poolroom. I play mostly out of Crooked Cue...spent 5 hours in there today, playing 14.1. The Flamingo is a small bar with a couple of barboxes, and an old 9' Brunswick Centennial table, with plenty of room around it. The owner, Dale, likes to gamble, and many well known pros and road players come through there, trying to get games. There's an autographed picture of Efren, along with some pool medal he won, when he was here 30 years ago. Captain Hook (Mike) and I like to play 1-pkt on the 9' table occasionally. :D

Scott Lee

Scott Lee has it right... Crooked Cue is a good 20 mins closer to Bradenton than Strokers. And both are outstanding pool halls.

Strokers has a bigger menu with a fantastic full service kitchen. The food there really is at least two full letter grades better than what you'd probably expect to be served in a pool hall.

There is also a bar in St.Pete called Flamingos Sports Bar, which is frequented by some AZ members. I think that place might be another 10 minutes closer to you, but I've never been there so I can't vouch for the quality of the playing environment or food or such. There are some players there, as I have seen some competent APA teams from out of that establishment at the Cities tournaments. Just don't confuse it with "The Flamingo Resort" in South St. Pete which is a flaming gay bar who might be interested in your "other" stick. LOL!

Good luck

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
If you're willing to drive closer to between an hour and an hour and a half, I would suggest Diamond Billiards in Cape Coral. Traffic is pretty light on the way at all times down I 75. I know it's a bit far away, but it's probably the best room in that part of Florida.

All the best,
WW