Surprised NO one mention Metro Sports Bar-PHX

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
BRKNRUN said:
That was a pretty selfish post there coco.....and it was very convenient how you stated "you" have got bar room owners...etc....like somehow you don't have anything to do with it...what did you move out of state?

Talk about too much false info floating around and you go spew what you do about Metro?????

IMO Metro had smoke issues just as bad as Alexanders.....but Metro had/has a worse issue than smoke.

Metro has a serious sewer issue that they have not been able to fix...There have been times in there it would have smelled better if I was standing in a port-o-let.

I like Metro....I like the layout...but that is about it...The food as alright depending on the night, but frankly it can be the best in the world but if the place smells like sewer I won't be eating there....(and the tables play bad)

Well pardon me for expressing my opinion, and I will stand by my statement about the Bar and Room Owners not working together. They do not seem to talk, and try and coordinate events.

Remember several months ago on one WEEKEND there were (4) Big Events, the other three weekend there was zip,

Read Post # 12 here, and you can see someone was upset about the Scheduling of said events.

Desert Tour Stop in Tucson. Sat & Sun

500 Add 8 and Under at Sets in Tempe, Sat

Kitty's has a 500 Add Senior Event, Sat

Northern Lounger had a 300 Add Scotch, Sat

All advertised in the SAME Billiard Newspaper. Sure did not seem to me like anyone was working in the same direction.

BTW I am Pro Metro Sports Bar for reason listed previously, and yes some of the Big Table do need attention.

BRKNRUN

Showin some A$$
Silver Member
CocoboloCowboy said:
Well pardon me for expressing my opinion, and I will stand by my statement about the Bar and Room Owners not working together. They do not seem to talk, and try and coordinate events.

Remember several months ago on one WEEKEND there were (4) Big Events, the other three weekend there was zip,

Read Post # 12 here, and you can see someone was upset about the Scheduling of said events.

Desert Tour Stop in Tucson. Sat & Sun

500 Add 8 and Under at Sets in Tempe, Sat

Kitty's has a 500 Add Senior Event, Sat

Northern Lounger had a 300 Add Scotch, Sat

All advertised in the SAME Billiard Newspaper. Sure did not seem to me like anyone was working in the same direction.

BTW I am Pro Metro Sports Bar for reason listed previously, and yes some of the Big Table do need attention.

You can stand by your opinion...but I will also stand by my right to counter your opinion with information that will provide "the rest of the story"

Interesting how you post that reference above.....and it really shows how little you pay attention.....If you noticed (you probably did not) that that thread was started by Stuckart (not a room owner) and POST 12 was a response by Prince (not a room owner)

ALSO...It was when Stuackart was just starting to promote tournaments in the valley and he made a slight oversight and perhaps mis-judgement when he promoted that event.

Since that time both of them have communicated and participated throughout many events in the valley...(Including one winning the AZBCA Open Singles and the other winning the AZBCA Masters Singles)

One is involved in the ratings committee and the other is involved in the best "tour" that this state has going...

They ARE both working together to make pool sucsessful.

What exactly are you doing besides spewing your anti 9 rated player and above agenda for the zillionth time?

I don't own, run or sponser any of it....but at least I attend and participate...and I may very well be one of the weakest players in the field at almost every event.

My freind....you have alienated yourself from a MAJOR portion of the Arizona pool playing population......simply from your posts on this board.

I have never met you before in my life...and I have played at quite a few tournaments over the last 15 years.

I have asked many people around various tournaments if they know who Bruce aka Cocobolo Cowboy is cause I would like to meet you in hopes that I have a wrong impression of you????? I always get one of two responses....

1 - Never met him don't know him
2- A look toward the ground and a back and forth shake of the head.

What amazes me (and others) is that you have turned Bval who I have met personally many times now and found him to be one of the nicest most polite and respective people I know in the pool world into a person that can't stand the mention of the word "Coco".......You are missing out on what could have been a great friend and possibly even someone that would have been willing to help you develop your game as he is deveolping his....but then again...that may very well be how you get your enjoyment from this board.

Happy Trails brother!!!!;)

Last edited:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
BRKNRUN said:
You can stand by your opinion...but I will also stand by my right to counter your opinion with information that will provide "the rest of the story"

Interesting how you post that reference above.....and it really shows how little you pay attention.....If you noticed (you probably did not) that that thread was started by Stuckart (not a room owner) and POST 12 was a response by Prince (not a room owner)

ALSO...It was when Stuackart was just starting to promote tournaments in the valley and he made a slight oversight and perhaps mis-judgement when he promoted that event.

Since that time both of them have communicated and participated throughout many events in the valley...(Including one winning the AZBCA Open Singles and the other winning the AZBCA Masters Singles)

One is involved in the ratings committee and the other is involved in the best "tour" that this state has going...

They ARE both working together to make pool sucsessful.

What exactly are you doing besides spewing your anti 9 rated player and above agenda for the zillionth time?

I don't own, run or sponser any of it....but at least I attend and participate...and I may very well be one of the weakest players in the field at almost every event.

My freind....you have alienated yourself from a MAJOR portion of the Arizona pool playing population......simply from your posts on this board.

I have never met you before in my life...and I have played at quite a few tournaments over the last 15 years.

I have asked many people around various tournaments if they know who Bruce aka Cocobolo Cowboy is cause I would like to meet you in hopes that I have a wrong impression of you????? I always get one of two responses....

1 - Never met him don't know him
2- A look toward the ground and a back and forth shake of the head.

What amazes me (and others) is that you have turned Bval who I have met personally many times now and found him to be one of the nicest most polite and respective people I know in the pool world into a person that can't stand the mention of the word "Coco".......You are missing out on what could have been a great friend and possibly even someone that would have been willing to help you develop your game as he is deveolping his....but then again...that may very well be how you get your enjoyment from this board.

Happy Trails brother!!!!;)

BRKNRUN let me start with three points Stuckart was the TD, and Promoter of said event. Yes I knowhe was not the room owner.

I think the Billiards Newspaper Editor as part of there service should in some cases act as a go-between room owners so one weekend does not have all the added events, and you have three empty weekends.

Let me say when Mike Howerton had the AzBilliards News, it was a much better paper than what is know as the INFO now.

Also BRKNRUN let me make one last suggest to you go back and read my post again, and come back with some rebuttals to what I said above.

As it is well know in political circles that one way to try to defuse the opposition to one thinking, or personal cause is to attack the MESSENGER when you Can't Rebut the Message.

Let say I have a thick skin so the tactic don't work with this me who appears to have a different opinion than you on AZ Pool that I have been studying for the 10 YEAR PLUS I have live in Arizona.

Last edited:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Anyone know the latest News with Metro Sports Bar,(open, fully open with beer, all pool event going as advertised, or closed, until furthur notice) as I have been out of town HAVING FUN
woohoo.gif
. Fishing for Brown Trout with my Fly Rod.
woohoo.gif

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CocoboloCowboy said:
BRKNRUN let me start with three points Stuckart was the TD, and Promoter of said event. Yes I knowhe was not the room owner.

I think the Billiards Newspaper Editor as part of there service should in some cases act as a go-between room owners so one weekend does not have all the added events, and you have three empty weekends.

Let me say when Mike Howerton had the AzBilliards News, it was a much better paper than what is know as the INFO now.

Also BRKNRUN let me make one last suggest to you go back and read my post again, and come back with some rebuttals to what I said above.

As it is well know in political circles that one way to try to defuse the opposition to one thinking, or personal cause is to attack the MESSENGER when you Can't Rebut the Message.

Let say I have a thick skin so the tactic don't work with this me who appears to have a different opinion than you on AZ Pool that I have been studying for the 10 YEAR PLUS I have live in Arizona.
Your skin is not that think Bruce and studying pool and actually playing pool are two completely different things.

Also, I don't know if Metro has the license back. Call them and find out. If I really wanted to know - that is what I would do.

BVal

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
BVal said:
Your skin is not that think Bruce and studying pool and actually playing pool are two completely different things.

Also, I don't know if Metro has the license back. Call them and find out. If I really wanted to know - that is what I would do.

BVal

Well actually I got finally got an answer on the phone at Metro his a.m., last night at 8 p.m. there was no answer, spoke with Terry the Manger this a.m. who is normally there in the PM Hours. He said they may get word on the Alcohol thing after NOON! I do wish Metro would get back to normal oerations.

BTW BVal the word above is THICK, not as you wrote "think", also I don't just as you said, "studying pool", I do actually playing pool just not where you play in the Pool, just not in the East Valley as it is too far too drive.:D

Last edited:
Reactions: JAM

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CocoboloCowboy said:
Well actually I got finally got an answer on the phone at Metro, last night at 8 p.m. there was no answer, spoke with Terry the Manger who is normally there in the PM Hours. He said they may get word on the Alcohol thing after NOON! I do wish Metro would get back to normal oerations.

BTW BVal the word above is THICK, not as you wrote "think", also I don't just as you said, "studying pool", I do actually playing pool just not where you play in the Pool, just not in the East Valley as it is too far too drive.:D
Sorry for the typo. Thick or Think - you don't have it.

Well let me know where you play on the west side and I will come over and hit a few with you. I don't mind driving.

So if you spoke to him last night and they might know after noon today, why would you post asking the question that you know they do not even know the answer to yet? WOW.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
BVal said:

Well let me know where you play on the west side and I will come over and hit a few with you. I don't mind driving.

So if you spoke to him last night and they might know after noon today, why would you post asking the question that you know they do not even know the answer to yet? WOW.
Ok time to hijack this thread,I want some action with you tonight Brady,we can play 10 ball and one pocket,a set of each,you get the breaks in both games. :wink:

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fast Lenny said:
Ok time to hijack this thread,I want some action with you tonight Brady,we can play 10 ball and one pocket,a set of each,you get the breaks in both games. :wink:
LOL - I want to play but our friend is coming over for steaks tonight and we are going to play pool at the house. I hope to learn something from him. He is a good 9.

I like the game though.

BVal

Chucklez65

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Fast Lenny said:

DAMN, and IM going out of town!!! or I WOULD be there!!!

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
BVal said:
LOL - I want to play but our friend is coming over for steaks tonight and we are going to play pool at the house. I hope to learn something from him. He is a good 9.

I like the game though.

BVal
Ok well how about tomorrow when Jude and Justin are playing their challenge match,plus I need a good commentator. :wink:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
BVal said:

Spoke with Terry this am, last night there was no answer.

That for point out my goof, and I editied my post above.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
BVal said:

What for I see zero reason to put you at risk coming to the West Valley with the KRAZY Senior Driver.

FYI I spoke with Jazz at Metro about 3:30 PM Arizona Time, and the Liquor Board has not acted on giving Metro the go to let the Beer etc.., flow again.

BUMMER!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Prince

Tails!
Silver Member
Sometimes, it is wiser to actually go to the people who are in charge. It really helps to eliminate any rumors that may be floating around. With that being said, I spoke with Al today and Metro will NOT be getting their liquor license back as of today.

Next week's Arizona Desert Classic Tour will be moved to another location. I will post the updated location in the tournament section within the next couple of days.

That is your answer and much easier to obtain if you just picked up the phone and called the right people. Hope this helps.

Dennis
www.desertclassictour.com

trainer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks

Prince said:
Sometimes, it is wiser to actually go to the people who are in charge. It really helps to eliminate any rumors that may be floating around. With that being said, I spoke with Al today and Metro will NOT be getting their liquor license back as of today.

Next week's Arizona Desert Classic Tour will be moved to another location. I will post the updated location in the tournament section within the next couple of days.

That is your answer and much easier to obtain if you just picked up the phone and called the right people. Hope this helps.

Dennis
Glad you chimed in Dennis , most of the players would like to know where to be at 11 in the morning..
Terry O.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Prince said:

Dennis

Well Dennis as you apparently have Al's Phone Number, and as I could get was Terry Al's On Site Operations Manager.

Does this mean the end of Metro Sports Bar? If so that is really a very big loss to Valley of the Sun pool, as Metro sports Bar was the only place in the Valley of the Sun that had Pool Tournaments 7 Night a week.............................:frown:

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member
CocoboloCowboy said:
Well Dennis as you apparently have Al's Phone Number, and as I could get was Terry Al's On Site Operations Manager.

Does this mean the end of Metro Sports Bar? If so that is really a very big loss to Valley of the Sun pool, as Metro sports Bar was the only place in the Valley of the Sun that had Pool Tournaments 7 Night a week.............................:frown:

Stop speculating!

They just are not getting it back today and the tournament is moving.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
stuckart said:
Stop speculating!

They just are not getting it back today and the tournament is moving.

I was not speculating! I ask a questioned to Prince who talk to Al.

"Does this mean the end of Metro Sports Bar?

If so that is really a very big loss to Valley of the Sun pool, as Metro sports Bar was the only place in the Valley of the Sun that had Pool Tournaments 7 Night a week."

FYI stuckart this symbol ? means a question was asked!

stuckart why not go do some good for Pool like up date your web-site so people don't show up at Metro NEXT Weekend for the DCT by mistake because your web-site had old information on it.:sorry:

Last edited:

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member
CocoboloCowboy said:
I was not speculating! I ask a questioned to Prince who talk to Al.

"Does this mean the end of Metro Sports Bar?

If so that is really a very big loss to Valley of the Sun pool, as Metro sports Bar was the only place in the Valley of the Sun that had Pool Tournaments 7 Night a week."

FYI stuckart this symbol ? means a question was asked!

stuckart why not go do some good for Pool like up date your web-site so people don't show up at Metro NEXT Weekend for the DCT by mistake because your web-site had old information on it.:sorry:

Excuse me? Did you just ask me to go do something good for pool? WTF have you done for the game? I'm doing plenty for the game on many different levels. Mind your business. And like I've said many times, when and if, Metro gets their license back, it will be made public. Until then just leave it alone. You're like a kid that has to constantly pick at his scabs.