black cloth

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Time to recover my simonis 860 and thinking of black cloth. Does anyone have
it on their table and how do you like it. Don't like blue or green. Maybe a real dark blue but would like feedback on black.
Thanks

kid

billiard mechanic
Silver Member
I find it hard to see the mouth of the pockets with dark color cloths... as for esthetics, it looks really nice

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant AzBilliards Forums

kid

billiard mechanic
Silver Member
I find it hard to see the mouth of the pockets with dark color cloths... as for esthetics, it looks really nice

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
The one and only time I ever played on black cloth I didn't much care for it. It made the edges of the darker-colored balls a bit harder to distinguish and just made for an overall blah appearance. YMMV

Maniac

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
The only color worse than black is Red. So, you got that going for you :)

Kind of like cars, they look great new, but black starts to show every imperfection in the paint, every swirl mark, every scratch, every nick sticks out like a sore thumb.
So, black is great for garage queens only driven 1,000 miles a year and hand washed every time.

So, if the table is upstairs and needs to look pretty and you want to spend a little extra time on cleaning, then go for it :)

But, if you are a player or trying to get better, I'd go with something you are more likely to play on a regular basis in league or tourneys, green or blue :)

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's a reason virtually ALL real pool is played on a few select colors. Trust it.

If you look at something like the below, most colors used fall within a range that is 1/3 of possibilities

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190626-094232.jpg
    Screenshot_20190626-094232.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 656

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
the only color I think I'd like to have other than the tried and true traditional green and tourney blue would be tan.

For me personally, Tourney blue provides the best optical contrast for seeing ball edges.

To play on black cloth will undoubtedly be more visually challenging.

best,
brian kc

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Simonis 860 Mocha for great contrast and easy on your eyes if you play a lot:

a2dcea296125bf048213499aa3fbe00a.jpg

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Time to recover my simonis 860 and thinking of black cloth. Does anyone have
it on their table and how do you like it. Don't like blue or green. Maybe a real dark blue but would like feedback on black.
Thanks

I tried to think of a worse color for a pool table.....couldn’t think of one.

8C60CEB6-2679-4FF6-9146-2D99CC9ECC1B.jpeg

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like cRJ said...only color worse than black is red.

But seeing the pic of that BLK/WHT table above, red aint much else.

hurricane145

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Saw this table on Craigslist. Just HORRIBLE!!

Attachments

• 01414_Rwa1l4CwoX_1200x900.jpg
    01414_Rwa1l4CwoX_1200x900.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 278

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My brother has black felt on his 8' Olhausen in his basement with poor lighting. Worse shooting experience ever.

I'm with the crowd of the only color worse then black is red.

Good choice to choose a different color.

noMoreSchon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah red is bad...Now imagine it on a snooker table. I really had no idea that someone

would figure, 'hey all the balls are red...lets cover it in red too!' TBH it was in a college

bar, but someone could of talked them out of it.