2019 AZ Billiards Straight Pool Challenge!

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Zion Zvi 188 on 6/23/19 at Amsterdam Billiards
Is he an AZB member? I don't recall ever seeing a post from him.

Which reminds me. John Schmidt has not posted in a while but he was a regular and had a pretty good run recently.:)

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had my high lifetime run yesterday - 40. On an 8 foot home table at my office :)

I hadn't ever gotten to try for a run on an 8 foot table before and it was fun.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Is he an AZB member? I don't recall ever seeing a post from him.

Which reminds me. John Schmidt has not posted in a while but he was a regular and had a pretty good run recently.:)

I thought he was at one point. Maybe not recent, I know a lot of pros left the site because of all the madness.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just made another just for fun livestream 14.1. I was playing vs my left hand to 125 and it was tight match. In the end I ran 123 while doing stupid commentary :D (47 and out & I continued from there)

Dammit. stevekur1 got still 2nd place... Maybe I should take a shot of Vodka :wink:

Link to recorded livestream :
https://youtu.be/jhnKxDtAFC8?t=5259

Run starts around 1:27:39 after left hand do slight mistake on safety shot...

djoverboard

Registered
10 balls

I'm returning to the game after a roughly 10 year or so hiatus from any real pool and have joined a 14:1 handicap league. I am handicapped at 80 currently the top player(s) being 150. i have had a couple of 10 ball runs one that connected 2 two racks 6 from the first rack and 4 from the second. I turn 50 in May 2020 and would like to make a 50 ball run by then it is a long road to that wish me luck

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just ran me a 50, match setting, not practice. It's not as clean as the 47 I posted earlier, had a few sloppy balls drop, but I'll take it. Will try to get the video up in the next few days.

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Video:

https://youtu.be/DEvWt1AC-kE

Edit: Things are going good. Since this vid I've had about a dozen 20+, a 31, and a 36 that I could have extended, but tried to do too much on a shot. I knew better. The 31 in practice, and the 36 in game. Really seeing things well right now, hopefully it holds.

Last edited:

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
I learned on Facebook that our very own Mike Grosso (14-1 Straightman) ran 106 in his pajamas again on 11/25/19

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member
I played my first game of straight pool after watching Ruslan win the American straight pool (2 months ago?), and have been hooked since. My first goal was a 50. I lost count of how many times I broke down in the 4th rack. There were numerous occasions where my cue nearly went out the window.

Finally made a 58. No excuses, but I was losing the motivation to continue, as my building owner and I agreed on a 10pm billiards curfew due to the Korean grandma that lives underneath me, and it was 10:20pm.

Anyways, here it is: https://youtu.be/X29TqMj_R6E