Shane vs Shaw

HereWeGo

♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫♬·¯·♩
Silver Member
Haven't seen anything about this one on here. Should be an exciting fast paced match.

sssss.jpg

KenRobbins

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have to work those days, so won't be able to watch. Hopefully someone post scores and details like the usual.

I think Shaw deserves a better mugshot than posted on the flyer. Shane looks like a stone cold killer like he is, but Shaw has the looks of being defeated beside Shane's mugshot.

J Soto

The NON-Myth
Silver Member
I have to work those days, so won't be able to watch. Hopefully someone post scores and details like the usual.

I think Shaw deserves a better mugshot than posted on the flyer. Shane looks like a stone cold killer like he is, but Shaw has the looks of being defeated beside Shane's mugshot.

How is a picture of someone doing a fist pump look like someone defeated?

KenRobbins

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How is a picture of someone doing a fist pump look like someone defeated?

I'm referring to the energy between the mugshots, image only. I think it could be better. When you look at the image, Shane's character stands out the most. I think Shaw's image could have a little more bite. What audience will this event attract anyhow? So no big deal, just an observation. Can we get a fist bump?:grin:

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if Shaw is prepared for this mentally and focuses he will smash Shane and I think he will

although this has tcom written all over it where Earl smoked Efren
(one of the reasons I believe his top gear was way higher than Efren)
over the short haul but could not maintain

if I'm betting $$$ which I'm going to try and do I'm picking Shaw

if I'm betting for my life probably Shane

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if Shaw is prepared for this mentally and focuses he will smash Shane and I think he will

That's kinda weird. Which is more important, your money or your life?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Shane and Jayson have a little history....the sparks will be flying.
...I think they should have a ref....who also racks the balls.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ll definitely watch Hobbs Shaw.
But will watch final day of Shane Shaw cos whole thing is freaking too long. Race to 100 would be about 190 racks - that is about 20 hours :grin:
Prefer shorter races Best of 3 or best of 5 with some payout for winner of each set and big payout for overall winner like those Accustats format some years ago. Cos in this format if it is blowout and someone leads 20 racks after Day1, not much incentive for the trailing player to chase.
Am surprised that this is only $30K in middle. The lower tier matchup end of this month between James Aranas and Kevin Cheng is $40K.
This is too close to call but I think Shane is slight favourite in this.

FAST-FURIOUS-HOBBS-SHAW-MOVIE-POSTER.jpg

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

I must be miss-remembering it but I thought Efren won the Color of Money match with Earl. I thought Efren made a huge comeback.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Haven't seen anything about this one on here. Should be an exciting fast paced match.

View attachment 525060
Is it just me, or does the +2 or -2 games point spread in a race to 100 and the -$130 / +120 money line seem to not make much sense? The money line indicates SVB is about a 5 to 4 favorite to win, but the 2 game spread in a race to 100 seems like a virtual tossup?

If I'm liking SVB to win this match, it makes much more sense to bet the spread and just figure he'll win by at least 3 games, whereas if I'm liking JS to win the match, no question that taking the favorable odds the money line is offering is the far better bet. I mean realistically, what are the chances JS is going to lose 100-99?

Last edited:

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
shhh

Is it just me, or does the +2 or -2 games point spread in a race to 100 and the -$130 / +120 money line seem to not make much sense? The money line indicates SVB is about a 5 to 4 favorite to win, but the 2 game spread in a race to 100 seems like a virtual tossup?

If I'm liking SVB to win this match, it makes much more sense to bet the spread and just figure he'll win by at least 3 games, whereas if I'm liking JS to win the match, no question that taking the favorable odds the money line is offering is the far better bet. I mean realistically, what are the chances JS is going to lose 100-99?

Don't tap the glass!

AkGuy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Me thinks

They are both so good they could do it over and over and end up with a different winner.

But, hoping Shane smashes him!