To every poolhall and bar tough guy

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t think you can carry a concealed weapon in a bar in Florida

You are not supposed to have a concealed weapon in a bar in Florida- correct- but there are ways around every law- was food being served there? Is it technically a bar or a restaurant? Even so, one guy gets killed and the other guy gets a fine and an CC license revocation- which one do you want to be?

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Every fight that I have seen starts with a sucker punch or a mutual agreement to fight,

If someone needs to sucker punch someone, it is because they need an edge. Sure he threw some straight down the line punches(opposed to some looping haymakers), but wacking some drunk with a cue then punching him while he is disoriented is about as far from being a tough guy as it gets.

there is no such thing as a fair fight unless your in a ring, wearing gloves with a ref present

on the street my objective was always to end the confrontation as quickly as possible while minimizing my risk of injury

expect nothing humane and give none

based on the vid i'm not sure if the jamock that fired whitey into the pocket deserved the beat down although i've seen serious shit start over something as trivial as "what are you looking at"

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not really imo.
Cue sticks break easily.
Experience pool hall brawlers know pool balls are better weapons than sticks.
Dude threw the cue ball away. What did he expect ? A kiss and a hug ? Looks like he never learned bob and weave defense .
He deserved his ass beating .
And he will be a better person after his ass kicking, I hope.

My friend, a cue stick to the face or head in Florida constitutes the initiation of THREAT of severe bodily harm- like BLINDNESS- you don't think a cue stick to your face can take out an eye??--under the stand your ground laws; this is a classic case of justifiable use of deadly force with a licensed firearm . I would expect 90% of concealed carry situations will react to a swinging cue stick with a bullet here in Fl.-

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
The ball tosser was a tosser.

Tossing the ball was a challenge. Challenge accepted. He got what he deserved. Another reformed tosser.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The kid that tossed the ball is a head shorter and soft as a muffin, the guy with the cue is a head taller 30 pounds heavier , probably mostly muscle and has experience, The pudgy kid is probably half drunk, he has no idea of danger, so inexperienced.
The guy could have ***** slapped him and had the same result. He saw a free shot and took it.
Typical punk. He is so far from a tough guy , it's silly. Whoever thought the kid was coming at him for more after the stick to the head ,needs to watch it again, he's almost out on his feet.
Lastly, the guy swung the whole cue and broke the shaft on the side of his head. That's a whole lot more force than a shaft in your hand. Did the kid deserve to get smacked , yes, was the guy who beat him up a tough guy.......No, just another punk.

Last edited:

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
In a bar situation, once you decide that you will start throwing cue balls over who is next in line at the table- at that point anything goes- and so it did.

However, once the other guy swung a cue stick at someone's face- in states like here in Florida- now you go to a whole new level, the first guy could have easily stepped back after being hit by the cue stick and pulled a licensed pistol and fired- he was - according to Florida law- at risk for great bodily harm at that point- and could have legally stood his ground by firing the weapon- no way he would be prosecuted here in Florida for shooting; once a cue stick was being used against his head.

Actually, both guys should feel fortunate here, the guy who threw the cue ball acted way too aggressive over a turn at the table and the striker reacted dangerously using a cue stick as a weapon. Either one could have ended up dead or possibly blinded. Wonder why pool gets a bad rep?

There are multiple flaws in your reasoning.

After the instigator splintered the cue stick with his face, his victim immediately threw down the weapon.

When a permit holder instigates a confrontation, he/she must withdraw from conflict AND announce they are withdrawing. If the victim continues after the instigator withdraws, then only appropriate force may be used to defend oneself.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After You Obtain CCW Permit, Fighting Is The Last Thing On Your Mind.

In CA, which is a heavily regulated state when it comes to guns, if you strike me
across the face with a pool stick, I have every right to believe you are going to
escalate matters and I can draw my weapon to defend myself. Remember that
under the law, if I believe the threat to be real, I am allowed to protect myself from
further attack and likely grevious bodily injury. He might kick me or attack me again
and keep in mind that the mere act of tossing the cue ball was stupid and annoying
but no one was injured or was injured by that action. But hitting the person with a cue
stick with the intent to do harm is felonious assault. Tossing the cue ball wasn’t a crime.

If that was me, yes, I would pull my gun if anyone hits me in the face with a cue stick. I
am not going to bother asking questions until I control the situation, not my assailant.
At the same time, I’d have the police summoned. If my assailant tries to leave, let him.

However, I would never start the fight to begin with because it is my responsibility to
avoid confrontations but when you literally and figuratively get hit right in the face with
one, then you act accordingly to protect yourself. Again, go back to my original post.

Do not get in a fight with someone nowadays. Just try to walk away and leave it alone
sans any testosterone. You never really know how sane the other person is to start with.
They might have the Coronavirus or might be violent or worse, armed and angry. So do
try to avoid getting into fights. I know I do & I feel confident too when I walk away because
the other guy doesn’t know how close he came to facing an armed citizen trained to defend.

Look, you can’t attack someone with a pool cue, or a broomstick, etc. striking them in the
face because you don’t like what they said or because they tossed the cue ball off the table.

That is escalating the matter using physical force and you can’t use becoming pissed off as
your defense or the other guy was a jerk. The guy using the cue stick broke the law whereas
the other guy broke the house rules for behaving like ass & that’s really a tremendous difference.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In CA, which is a heavily regulated state when it comes to guns, if you strike me
across the face with a pool stick, I have every right to believe you are going to
escalate matters and I can draw my weapon to defend myself. Remember that
under the law, if I believe the threat to be real, I am allowed to protect myself from
further attack and likely grevious bodily injury. He might kick me or attack me again
and keep in mind that the mere act of tossing the cue ball was stupid and annoying
but no one was injured or was injured by that action. But hitting the person with a cue
stick with the intent to do harm is felonious assault. Tossing the cue ball wasn’t a crime.

If that was me, yes, I would pull my gun if anyone hits me in the face with a cue stick. I
am not going to bother asking questions until I control the situation, not my assailant.
At the same time, I’d have the police summoned. If my assailant tries to leave, let him.

However, I would never start the fight to begin with because it is my responsibility to
avoid confrontations but when you literally and figuratively get hit right in the face with
one, then you act accordingly to protect yourself. Again, go back to my original post.

Do not get in a fight with someone nowadays. Just try to walk away and leave it alone
sans any testosterone. You never really know how sane the other person is to start with.
They might have the Coronavirus or might be violent or worse, armed and angry. So do
try to avoid getting into fights. I know I do & I feel confident too when I walk away because
the other guy doesn’t know how close he came to facing an armed citizen trained to defend.

Look, you can’t attack someone with a pool cue, or a broomstick, etc. striking them in the
face because you don’t like what they said or because they tossed the cue ball off the table.

That is escalating the matter using physical force and you can’t use becoming pissed off as
your defense or the other guy was a jerk. The guy using the cue stick broke the law whereas
the other guy broke the house rules for behaving like ass & that’s really a tremendous difference.

Such is civility. What starts as BS turns real and then has to revert to BS when the judicial system comes into play.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
There are multiple flaws in your reasoning.

After the instigator splintered the cue stick with his face, his victim immediately threw down the weapon.

When a permit holder instigates a confrontation, he/she must withdraw from conflict AND announce they are withdrawing. If the victim continues after the instigator withdraws, then only appropriate force may be used to defend oneself.

Agreed. This would never pass the sniff test without costing the shooter at least his life's fortune in criminal defense money. Best case he loses his ass and goes through a couple years of hell, worst case he's found guilty of a homicide charge or felony. Then the civil suits.

Besides, based on that video...ball tosser never had a chance to draw anything. :lol:

Best defense is not to be there...or at least not toss the ball.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buy CCW Insurance When You Renew Or Initially Obtain Your Permit.

You do know that any CCW holders can buy insurance against lawsuits resulting from using your weapon.
It provides a $1,000,000 coverage toward your legal defense if you are arrested or sued and it works too.

There is a literally an army of lawyers eagerly awaiting the opportunity to defend your 2nd amendment rights.
So if you found yourself in a situation where a legal defense is required, a million bucks should be adequate.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Hit someone with a cue across the face and you are asking for trouble, maybe cost you your life.

One thing I learned is there is no such thing as a fair fight. Don’t be silly, Opponents are very seldom
evenly matched in size, speed, strength or fighting skills. I was told by my dad when I was 11 years old
that fighting was to be avoided but there at times when it can’t. You’ll learn to recognize those situations
and in those instances always remember this. Make sure you land the first punch and make it a great one
because it could be the only punch you get to throw. And when you fight, you fight to win so there are no
rules and the only thing that matters is victory. And always remember that in the USA, a lot of people are
armed and a cue can be used a deadly weapon too so if someone is armed, it might be the last punch the
other guy ever gets to throw again. Videos are very entertaining to watch and real life encounters happen all
the time. Thank God, I’ve never fired my gun in the last 30 years other than at the range but I’ve had to draw
my weapon 3x & once it resulted in the other party being arrested by the police. Like I earlier wrote, videos
are entertaining but real life encounters can become unfortunately deadly so always try to avoid getting in a fight.

Rule #1, if it comes down a physical confrontation hit first and hit hard. Im hoping the second punch I throw misses because he is on his way down from the first one, if not Im probably in big, big trouble. It is much better to avoid these situations.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
You do know that any CCW holders can buy insurance against lawsuits resulting from using your weapon.
It provides a $1,000,000 coverage toward your legal defense if you are arrested or sued and it works too.

There is a literally an army of lawyers eagerly awaiting the opportunity to defend your 2nd amendment rights.
So if you found yourself in a situation where a legal defense is required, a million bucks should be adequate.

I think the insurance is a good idea. However, it does not cover misuse of a firearm, it is not intended to protect someone if they're in the wrong. It's not a guarantee of 1MM in defense.