Sigel v. Schmidt

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Sigel still going 107-73. break shot a little much. tough cut almost 90 degrees,

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
Left to cook dinner but came back just in time to see Mike cut that break shot in.

Beautiful shot!

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
Mike pulls it out. Neither players best I'm sure but I give credit to Mike for winning against a young gun who plays a lot more than him.

I don't care for Mike's commentary, but as a player he's an absolute top tier player and always interesting to watch.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
ledrums said:
Major Championship???? Bwahahahahaha

Who cares if it was a major championship or not?

Good 14.1 played by good players on slow cloth and tight pockets.

BWAHA..........(?)

CueAndMe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thoroughly enjoyed that match. Tough table, but only 4 innings with safeties. Did anyone see John's lag ball roll off at the end? I'm surprised the table isn't level.

ledrums

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was laughing at the new commentator's lack of skill, calling an exhibition match another major championship for Mike. No disrespect for the players. They played fine pool and it was free. I'm not complaining. Bwahaha was me laughing.

D Player

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm a big John Schmidt fan, but I was happy to see Sigel win. Maybe I'm biased because Sigel is from my area, but I think it's great to see an older champion compete and perform well.

daphish1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll have to watch the replay, had to leave to go play leage about the 61-19 point. Cloth must have been really slow, i remeber hearing John say something along the lines i've "i hammered that..." and the balls didn't hardly spread.

Sigel was playing really well for the first half that i was able to see.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
I didn't get the chance to watch the match, but these guys are two of my favorite players so it would have been hard for me to be disappointed no matter how it turned out. However, I've been a huge Sigel and Rempe fan ever since I first started playing so this is really really cool that Sigel showed that the old guys can still get it done once in a while.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
ledrums said:
I was laughing at the new commentator's lack of skill, calling an exhibition match another major championship for Mike. No disrespect for the players. They played fine pool and it was free. I'm not complaining. Bwahaha was me laughing.

That guy was not too good. Enthusiastic but probably not real versed in 14.1. Too bad they couldn't get someone good in there with Grady.

They should have given Blackjack a call. He could have been the play by play guy talking about the shapes and Grady could have done color.

Last edited:

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
dmgwalsh said:
That guy was an idiot. Too bad they couldn't get someone good in there with Grady.

I wasn't able to watch any of the match last night at all. I figured that John would be a big underdog against Mike on the slow IPT cloth, and I am really not surprised that Mike was able to pull out the victory - he is still a champion, and able to go one on one with anybody in the world.

I thought Tony Robles was going to be in the booth with Grady? I know Tony was scheduled to play GWAPO last night, and perhaps they made a change of plans. Who was in there with him?

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Saw Joe Rogan there with Max (I think) (thanks for suporting the sport Joe). The guy commentater said Joe had a run of around 70 balls. I didn't know Joe played that speed. I saw him play on that celebraty pool show. I thought he looked at a C or maybe low B. I guess I was way wrong. If Joe reads this, would you state your high run (mine is 16 balls, damn I'm quite the talent :wink: ).

Pete

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Slow cloth

Everywhere should use it. Seperates the champs from the champeens. Light cue,hate it for you. Straight stroke has little value. It takes power to handle that cloth and most players today lack the power to play with 21 oz cue.
They could probably adapt but likely not easily. That is the reason women could never play even with the men unlike today where they can win on the fast cloth.
It is a differant universe. Few modern players have developed a stroke to dominate on the slow cloth because they never needed to.
Give them time.
Nick :)