Diamonds new Feather strips are AWESOME!

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Anyone tried out the new Diamonds new Feather strips?? Some kind of plastic/ rubber hybrid. No issues using them so far and they installed nice!

Happy to not have to worry about them breaking anymore when recovering the rails!

Trent from Toledo

kid

billiard mechanic
Silver Member
We’ve been using pvc feather strips over here for over 20 years... they never break or compress/swell... i just hate those wooden ones

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant AzBilliards Forums

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Nice Kid! I have seen other versions that are rubber and plastic that I did not like. Happy Diamond came up with a solid product for their tables. Now we all wont have to worry about them breakin :)

Trent from Toledo

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was disassembling my original Anniversary rails and I suppose I broke one. These are actually walnut feather strips. Do you guys know if that was standard? Anyway, I am glad Diamond has come up with better options. I was going to send these rails out for recal/overhaul and just thought I’d pull the old rubber off and strip the figure 8s off. I thought it was interesting to see K-66 MBS cushions installed instead of what was listed in the contract as K-55 Black Diamond. No biggie though, they did a good job in the refinish department so I won’t make a complaint.
505296543ad7aa890cfef9ea82c59508.jpg

Last edited:

kid

billiard mechanic
Silver Member
That’s not broken...it’s only in two clean pieces
When they are too tight and are put in anyway, they break in dozens of unusable splinters pulling them out.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I was disassembling my original Anniversary rails and I suppose I broke one. These are actually walnut feather strips. Do you guys know if that was standard? Anyway, I am glad Diamond has come up with better options. I was going to send these rails out for recal/overhaul and just thought I’d pull the old rubber off and strip the figure 8s off. I thought it was interesting to see K-66 MBS cushions installed instead of what was listed in the contract as K-55 Black Diamond. No biggie though, they did a good job in the refinish department so I won’t make a complaint.
505296543ad7aa890cfef9ea82c59508.jpg

I am with Kid again on this one! I would super glue that sucker right back together! Some days they shatter into 20 pieces :)

Trent

realkingcobra

Silver Member
That’s not broken...it’s only in two clean pieces
When they are too tight and are put in anyway, they break in dozens of unusable splinters pulling them out.

That happens when they're made from Basswood.