Using Custom Cue as Breaker?

jimmy91988

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was having a conversation with a friend and wanted to know if there's anyone here who would put a break tip on an expensive custom player and use it as a main breaker. I remember seeing a "What's in the case" video where the person was using a Sugartree as a breaker. That's the only example I've ever come across.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use my custom to break 9 ball.
Accuracy on the 9ball break is more important to me
than smashing the rack.
I don't break harder than a force follow shot trying to make the wing ball and
leaving the one ball at the side pocket while squatting the rock.
That's what I hope for at least.
I do use a break cue in 10 and 8 ball though.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
I currently use a sneaky pete from my cuemaker for my break cue and he is in the middle (well hopefully the final stages) of making me a new break cue which is a toned down looking version of my playing cue.

jimmy91988

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I currently use a sneaky pete from my cuemaker for my break cue and he is in the middle (well hopefully the final stages) of making me a new break cue which is a toned down looking version of my playing cue.

What tip do you have on it?

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was having a conversation with a friend and wanted to know if there's anyone here who would put a break tip on an expensive custom player and use it as a main breaker. I remember seeing a "What's in the case" video where the person was using a Sugartree as a breaker. That's the only example I've ever come across.

I would not, no reason to really, it's just a handle for the shaft. I'd get a cheap butt with the balance I like with the same joint type as the break shaft. People do use matching sets of a player and breaker that can get fairly high end but I don't see someone taking a high end cue and using it as a breaking cue specifically. If I happened to have one in my case I may use it but I would not actively have it turned into a break cue.

Last edited: