Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
Wow what sad news to lose another great cue maker I'm really lost for words

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Terrible News

Rip. Man what blow cue industry a up rising leader in production cues! How old was he? Way to young i gather?

Absolutely terrible news.....I believe Royce was just 49 years old.

Full of class, thoroughly professional, highly innovative and commitment oriented.
A thoroughly genuine person and a friend to all.

RIP Royce, you will be missed but never forgotten.

Rhoda and I will have Royce's family and loved ones in our thoughts and prayers.

Will Prout

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I read something on facebook about this earlier today and was shocked! Sincere condolences to all of Royce's family and friends; he will be missed - may he rest in peace.

Dave

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Godspeed, Sir Royce... a major figure in the pool industry, and a great person.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stunned. Just stunned. As others have said, Royce was a class act. He was always helpful and in the definitive sense of the word a contributor.

Wow. I haven't totally digested this sad news just yet.

We will keep Royce and his family in our prayers.

Royce was a shining light and an inspiration.

I am happy to have known Royce and appreciative of his help.

Wow.

RIP Royce.

Last edited:

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
My and Janna's prayers go out to Royce's family and everyone at OB cues.

This forum will miss Royce's contributions and insight.

Jim Talmon

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry

Sorry and shocked to hear this, Royce will be missed. Prayers and condolences to his family friends and business associates.

molinatx4206

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mad respect to him an family... Billiards and blood.. Run the table above... Innovator an passion will never be forgotten

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
May the people who love pool carry on the passion and respect Royce showed to the game.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
This is very sad news.

I had the honor of working with Royce on the 14.1 Challenge events at SBE, it was my honor to get to know him. He really was a kind man. Always so supportive of us and our events.

My condolences to his family.

rest in peace sir

Steve

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Royce was a nice guy. I met him several times at the OB factory. I was just a customer who bought a shaft and several tip replacements. Each time i went to the factory I enjoyed talking with him and Doc for 20 minutes or so about the cue and pool industry. He was open with information and his opinions and he never gave the feeling I was taking up his time. A class act.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is a real shock. I am very sorry to hear this news. My condolences go out to his family.

RFranklin

Ready, fire...aim
Silver Member
Rip

Terrible news about one of the good guys in the sport. Way too soon. Condolences for the family.

CrownCityCorey

Sock it to 'em!
Silver Member
I am shocked and deeply saddened to hear of Royce Bunnel's passing (OB Cues). He was far too young!

It's really hard to believe.

My condolences to his family and friends. R.I.P. Royce!

Man..............

sluan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great loss to the pool world... really a shocking and sad news

Again we've lost an active and contributing member on AZ...

R.I.P. Royce

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
This came as a total shock to me. Royce was a young and energetic soul who brought passion and integrity to the billiard industry. He made so many friends in his years with us for his kindness, respect and knowledge. This is a huge loss for all of us and so unexpected. It reminds me of when we lost Jerry Franklin years ago. He was also young, energetic and well respected by everyone who met him.

I spoke with Royce only a couple of weeks ago about my OB cue that I sent for repairs. What a super cool guy he was. Royce was a great innovator of new products and designs and moved the cue making industry forward. I'm shocked and sad that my friend is gone. Life isn't fair sometimes.

I can imagine how devastating this is for Royce's family and my heart goes out to them. They should only know how highly regarded Royce was.

Reactions: KRJ