View Single Post
Old
  (#76)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-23-2019, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuddy View Post
Yeah, the second shot was basically dead on pocket weight but went thin. I suspect thick would have taken another 3 or 4 cm off the CB.
Yes sir, at least that much.

Ive not had much energy/time to spend at table lately so, what time i do get for now will be spent playing 14.1.

After things get back to normal and im able to spend my normal time and energy at table Im gonna spend a little time on it.

I tried today for about 15 minutes and i realized I just eat up about 15 minutes of time to play 14.1 because im having to look after my wife for now. She's getting better and i thought a couple weeks ago she was at a point where she was ok but, a set back was in our future. It happens.

Anyways, IMO, going by what I saw in your vid, if you had hit that second shot a little thicker and a tad easier, you would have stopped at least a few inches earlier, which would have put you in ballpark of where i try for when doing that drill.

Think back to shots while playing in competition where you thought you missed due to shooting to easy and the ob acted like it was gonna stay on table but, drops at the last second. Well, thats the speed that I was able to stay a couple inches on the spot side of the last diamond.

It takes some (people like me) way more practice time to get there than it does others but, it's doable.

Some may not think they can do it but, if they put enough effort into it they would see they can. Especially if their equipment (balls/felt) conditions are optimal, that in itself makes a huge difference.

I would never ruin a cue ball just to shoot that shot but, if you happen to ha cb thaold and worn down, use it with a newer ob and you'll see what im talking about if you dont already.

Have a good one,

Jeff

Don't let your bark be bigger than your stroke.

If I had plenty of money, I would probably lose more often.