John Schmidt - How high will he go?

How high will he go

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched that shot many times over. He may have suffered an unfortunate debris problem, but he hit that shot unbelievably wrong to begin with. That much spin/power, along with losing control of the cueball. It was destined to end that way. Way to much careless breaking of the rack. He almost scratched like 5 other times because he lost control of the cue ball on a break shot. Luck only goes so far.

It wasn't a bad hit. He was drawing the ball up table to get clear of the rack. If you watch the video again he took a break and the racker cleaned the cue ball with his gloves prior to the rack. Then in the middle of the rack John marked the cue ball and cleaned it and said "a string or something" was on the ball. That cue ball should not have scratched.

With the gear he was in all he needed was to get clear of the rack. He wasn't going to miss.

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It wasn't a bad hit. He was drawing the ball up table to get clear of the rack. If you watch the video again he took a break and the racker cleaned the cue ball with his gloves prior to the rack. Then in the middle of the rack John marked the cue ball and cleaned it and said "a string or something" was on the ball. That cue ball should not have scratched.

With the gear he was in all he needed was to get clear of the rack. He wasn't going to miss.

Never said he was going to miss. I said he was careless with his breaks several times.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's is a weak call...a neighbor of bar pool rules.

There is no opponent and it didn't impact the game at all.

I feel any record attempt like what JS is doing should be squeaky clean and just like the DCC 14.1 Challenge comply with the all balls foul rule.

If it's good enough for the DCC 14.1 Challenge -- the closest formal competition to what he's doing -- it should be good enough for his attempts. It should also be noted that the DCC 14.1 Challenge is far from a pool event in a bar.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

TooMuchGun

Registered
Not to mention he basicly walked if off the street said here I am and ran 526 , could you imagine how many balls he might have run if he took a month to set a mark on these tables cleaning and polishing balls ,

Wasn’t Willies run on 4x8 and 5-1/4 inch pockets? I read Mosconi did it on this small table cuz it was the only Brunswick table avail for the exhibition. I think John Schmidts 434 is just as impressive as 526 on the smaller table. I also would be willing to bet (w odds) he’ll break 500.

1thru9Everytime

This month Mr. 400 will try to break Mosconi's 526 record. Mid March 2019, 6 hours a day, 5 days a week for (how many?) weeks.

I wish him the best of luck. How high will he go?

It is supposed to be streamed live. Post a link here when it does.
I wonder if John will match Mosconi's table specs of a Brunswick 4'x8' table with 5.25 inch pockets and use similar cloth? If I had pockets like those, I could run 526 - reality = 74. Okay, maybe 62.

Baby Huey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think John has a good chance to break the record. First off, he has patience. It's incredibly difficult to run hundreds of balls only to be stymied by a bad roll or a misscue and etc. His break shots are superior to other top players I have seen. He wants it so bad he can smell it. He's come within a 130 balls or so and that's very close. Lastly, he gets great action on the balls in the rack when he goes into them.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know if a pro speed player has put the time and effort into this endeavor, well, since Mosconi. I think he takes it down.

I would like to think Mosconi played to play the game the best he could, he didn't play to beat a record.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I feel any record attempt like what JS is doing should be squeaky clean and just like the DCC 14.1 Challenge comply with the all balls foul rule.

If it's good enough for the DCC 14.1 Challenge -- the closest formal competition to what he's doing -- it should be good enough for his attempts. It should also be noted that the DCC 14.1 Challenge is far from a pool event in a bar.

Lou Figueroa

Agreed.

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a live feed right now on Facebook under the name Michael Urbanski he is at 295 right now. Super tough shot coming up...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He made it. There has got to be a way someone can replay the most epic bank I’ve ever seen to keep the run going

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The run ended at 379. He got himself a little too straight on the breakout ball and ended up having to go for a combo out of the stack. Awesome shooting though.

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Forget the bank, holly batman, who ressurected the Sardo Rack from the dead?! ha ha ha.

Lol! Yeah he wasn’t pushing down on it. One rack John took over and used a regular rack. Bizarro world