trying to make a deal right.

cantwin

GriffithBilliardsManager
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I bought a richard black from Tinman467. We made a deal for a 95% cue with 2 original richard black shafts and one predator shaft that matched. I received the cue on June 19th , cue was not at all as described. It has a bad warp in the handle which makes the joint raise almost 3 credit cards. You can actually rock the cue on a flat surface. Also, i only received 1 original and 1 predator shaft. I am missing one shaft. Last i spoke to him he said i would get it when he found it. The ferrule on the predator shaft is cracked and would need to be replaced. The ferrule on the original shaft may have to be replaced due to pitting and not being taken care of. I gave 1900.00 for the cue and 25.00 to split shipping. I was very unhappy with the deal and now buyer wont contact me or send me the shaft which is owed . I made a dispute/ claim through paypal and we will see how that goes i suppose. I offered him an 1800.00 refund so he didn't lose any money in this deal. He told me that interested in having the cue back. He even told me he didn't know the cue had a roll and that someone else packaged it to be sent out. I have never had any issues on here so I am not sure what to do. Any help is appreciated. I thought i was being fair but i think a 95% cue shouldnt have to be fixed.

Q-Street

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99%
95   1   0
That's frustrating, my condolences. If this guy doesn't give a full refund, he's a CROOK! Can't wait to hear his excuses

takeitdown

Banned
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Tell him you want to return it , do so in writing, text is fine.
Hope you bought using paypal funded with a credit card.
File dispute with Paypal for item not as described.
Give him 2 days to fly right.
When he ignores you and he will...file charge back with your credit card company.

No way does a 2000 cue have a undescribed warped handle. He dumped on you sir.

Tro

Insert Clever Title Here
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
140   0   0
I spoke to Jim, cantwin, on the phone about this. He's local to me and I consider him a good friend.

His word is gold and if he says the cue was not as described, then the cue was not as described.

If he says items were missing from the deal, they were missing from the deal.

If he says the cue is warped...it's warped.

Before I get all bent out of shape over this, I'd like to hear from Tinman and hopefully he'll make this right.

Jim, you don't deserve this. You do business the right way and paid good cash for this cue..you deserve a refund since you didn't get what you paid for.

Mike

azdiamondbacks1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Of course he doesn't want the cue back. Who would want it with a warped handle ?
I think you are on the right track with the paypal dispute. Follow that up with
some neg i trader to warn others about his sense of honesty.

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
That really sucks, I'd be pissed as hell if someone made me that deal!
The only right way to do this is to undo the trade with you losing not a single dime cos you've already wasted your time.

cleitonrocha

Administrador
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
207   0   0
I spoke to Jim, cantwin, on the phone about this. He's local to me and I consider him a good friend.

His word is gold and if he says the cue was not as described, then the cue was not as described.

If he says items were missing from the deal, they were missing from the deal.

If he says the cue is warped...it's warped.

Before I get all bent out of shape over this, I'd like to hear from Tinman and hopefully he'll make this right.

Jim, you don't deserve this. You do business the right way and paid good cash for this cue..you deserve a refund since you didn't get what you paid for.

Mike

Sorry to hear that JIM and TRO.....

Next time buy from ME...lol...

hope he make it right quick....

GL

ZiggyLee

I Love This Game!!!!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Another buyer screwed over....

Sorry to hear about another bad deal going down on the for sale section. I would be pissed as all get out, if I spent that kind of cash on a cue like that. What's wrong with people these days? I know the economy is bad, but dam...:angry: I hope you can get this bad deal worked out. Best of luck Jim...:thumbup:

Chris:smile:

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I bought a richard black from Tinman467. We made a deal for a 95% cue with 2 original richard black shafts and one predator shaft that matched. I received the cue on June 19th , cue was not at all as described. It has a bad warp in the handle which makes the joint raise almost 3 credit cards. You can actually rock the cue on a flat surface. Also, i only received 1 original and 1 predator shaft. I am missing one shaft. Last i spoke to him he said i would get it when he found it. The ferrule on the predator shaft is cracked and would need to be replaced. The ferrule on the original shaft may have to be replaced due to pitting and not being taken care of. I gave 1900.00 for the cue and 25.00 to split shipping. I was very unhappy with the deal and now buyer wont contact me or send me the shaft which is owed . I made a dispute/ claim through paypal and we will see how that goes i suppose. I offered him an 1800.00 refund so he didn't lose any money in this deal. He told me that interested in having the cue back. He even told me he didn't know the cue had a roll and that someone else packaged it to be sent out. I have never had any issues on here so I am not sure what to do. Any help is appreciated. I thought i was being fair but i think a 95% cue shouldnt have to be fixed.

Has Paypal issued a return authorization?

cantwin

GriffithBilliardsManager
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I did pay with a debit card through PayPal. I guess that was a mistake. I opened a dispute and escalated it to a claim. They give the seller a certain amount of time and then make the decision themselves in this case, as far as I understand. Any additional info will help from experienced members. Should I notify my bank, can they do anything?

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I did pay with a debit card through PayPal. I guess that was a mistake. I opened a dispute and escalated it to a claim. They give the seller a certain amount of time and then make the decision themselves in this case, as far as I understand. Any additional info will help from experienced members. Should I notify my bank, can they do anything?

I will pm you my phone number.
Just finished my only Paypal problem ever, which was a 6-week ordeal on a Joss West I paid for through a debit card.
I am now very well versed on what and how things can go wrong during a Paypal dispute, and it is incredible what can happen.
For instance, the case was closed 3-times behind my back.
Too much stuff for me to type, 8-days of hell toward the end of the 6-weeks, but I stayed with it and won.
I would not of been able to stay with it if I was still working and playing pool every night.
The real problem with using a debit card is that you have to fight the battle yourself.
When you use a credit card, they fight the battle for you.
Paypal isn't as sophisticated as you would think when dealing with these disputes, and on several occasions they looked to be subjective in their decisions, and pretty stupid as well.

RascalDoc

RascalDoc
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I'm going to agree with ToomnyQs here. I'm also going to wish you luck with Paypal

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
320   0   0
If Kevin Brewer was still here he would undoubtedly be reminding us once again to fund all of our paypal purchases using a credit card and never use the gift option.

Debit cards can get dicey.

Paypal using a credit card; you will have recourse should things go awry.

If thing went down as the op says, he def deserves a *full* refund. An undisclosed warped handle is a deal breaker.

would be nice to hear from the seller.

GL

best,
brian kc

worktheknight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Pretty soon, I will be leaving a I trader for a person who wanted to trade me a cue and the cue he was trading in had a small lift in the butt and of course I really didn't want to get involved. However, he sent me the cue first to inspect and I done the deal. Total thumbs up for this person. I'm not sure what to say on this situation as I don't really deal with cues over $ 1,500.00 as it's not my specialty as I just don't know custom cues that well. However, I can't believe that cues with large prices don't go through a 3rd party. A postal money order to the seller and the cue from the buyer showing up at a 3rd party should be darn safe. Odds are the postal money order is going to be real as if it crosses state lines and is no good, that's a federal felony and the big boys will be after the sender. The cue to be checked out by a qualified person as posted here on az billiards would reject or smoothly make these transactions good. No way would a person submit a fraudulent descriptive cue as I would hope the 3rd party would have the consent to post a result of transactions. I have had several lower dollar cues arrive to me that are far from the accurate descriptions, then, two cues that arrived better than described. WOW !!!, I grabbed my wrist quickly and yes, there is a pulse for honest folks !!!
Good Luck Here and hope it works out and am sure the AZ Community will stand behind you.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Love PayPal and USPS............

:thumbup:

Hope you get a full refund plus keep the pool cue!

A call to PayPal is in order.....................:wink:

Rtoron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
63   0   1
If you get your money back send everything back to him and make him sign for it. For a 2K cue I think I would be on his door step.