The "why" of the success of CTE and the coaching of Stan Shuffett

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just another CTE whiner's thread...

Soon (we sincerely hope) there'll be a "CTE Whiners Only" forum (hopefully somewhere else) and we won't have to hear about it every other day.

pj
chgo

Pool Scientist,

You DON'T have to "hear about it".

Stay out of the threads.

Easy enough, isn't it?

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool Scientist,
You DON'T have to "hear about it".
Stay out of the threads.
Easy enough, isn't it?
:thumbup2:
Thank you very much sir, for saying that.
I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thinks that way.
Have a good day.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
You (probably in your zeal) are hijacking MY thread..and it is MY thread topic.
You don't own a thread or a topic. This is an open forum - if you make ridiculous claims somebody might correct you.

Whining about it endlessly just makes CTE seem like a system for whiners.

pj
chgo

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You don't own a thread or a topic. This is an open forum - if you make ridiculous claims somebody might correct you.

Whining about it endlessly just makes CTE seem like a system for whiners.

pj
chgo

And what does that make you?

A CTE chaser?

Why don't you create your own Pool Scientist threads and stay out of CTE threads?

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Somebody who thinks readers here deserve to hear divergent views about a topic - especially whether or not the claims of a product advertised for sale here make any sense.

What are you, another CTE censor/whiner?

pj
chgo

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A CTE chaser?
Why don't you create your own Pool Scientist threads and stay out of CTE threads?
Pardner, you're wasting your keystrokes replying to that individual.
His life on this site, for many years, has been to create dissension, arguments, trouble, you name it.....all cleverly disguised as "different points of view".
The ignore feature will take care of it. Those type feed off responses to their baiting.
Ignore...Ignore...Ignore.
A wise lady in this site told me something the other day that I think is quite profound when dealing with troublemakers. It goes like this...."In order for me to be personally insulted by someone, I must first value their opinion" :thumbup2:
Have a good one.

sacman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know if he has turned out any great players, but he has very good players pimping his system. I am sure they are in for a little jelly. They played great before they met the CTE man.
This reminds me of those late nite flatten your tummy commercials. They go find the best looking people for the job too.

I often do a 20-shot test of the same shots so see if I've experienced any improvement (a good mix of simple to difficult shots). In March of 2017 I started CTE after purchasing Stan's DVD-2. I watched it several times, got a headache and set it aside thinking it was impossible without help. I later revisited it, tried it again on the table - and it started to click (wished I could have gotten a lesson from Tyler before he moved out of Wisconsin).

Before I started it up again in June-2018 I was still shooting about 33% - trying to regain my familiarity with the parallel line method that I had used in college 30 years ago. I only play a few hours a week and so the game wasn't becoming any more fun.

Fast forward to 2019. Same test - different results. I'm shooting 60-73%. Now all I do is laugh when naysayers knock the system. I'm having so much fun with the game and seem to be continually improving over time (esp. those areas of speed/spin to the cue ball). Again - Keep in mind - I play only about 4-6 hours a week and have a severe astigmatism with slight cataracts (will never be 20/20).

I do wonder how Stan is doing. I'm concerned that the stress of introducing the system and the continual rudeness towards him by many on AZ and elsewhere has take a toll on his health.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I often do a 20-shot test of the same shots so see if I've experienced any improvement (a good mix of simple to difficult shots). In March of 2017 I started CTE after purchasing Stan's DVD-2. I watched it several times, got a headache and set it aside thinking it was impossible without help. I later revisited it, tried it again on the table - and it started to click (wished I could have gotten a lesson from Tyler before he moved out of Wisconsin).
Before I started it up again in June-2018 I was still shooting about 33% - trying to regain my familiarity with the parallel line method that I had used in college 30 years ago. I only play a few hours a week and so the game wasn't becoming any more fun.
Fast forward to 2019. Same test - different results. I'm shooting 60-73%. Now all I do is laugh when naysayers knock the system. I'm having so much fun with the game and seem to be continually improving over time (esp. those areas of speed/spin to the cue ball). Again - Keep in mind - I play only about 4-6 hours a week and have a severe astigmatism with slight cataracts (will never be 20/20).
I do wonder how Stan is doing. I'm concerned that the stress of introducing the system and the continual rudeness towards him by many on AZ and elsewhere has take a toll on his health.
Stan and wife are both doing great. So are the youngsters. No health problems for him.
I chat with him regularly and will be up there at his place next month for some study on the table.
The goofuses who ridicule and belittle him do not phase him one bit.
Trying to convince any of those goofuses is the least of his concerns. They've made their choices to be a goofus and they will be dismissed as such.
You would be amazed at how many top players all over the world are getting with this CTE aiming method. It truly is revolutionary. Some are using it right and left but will never tell anyone....it's best kept quiet once learned. There are players who look at new ideas and want an edge to win prize money, you know.
All of us CTE users just snicker when we see the "pool scientists" babbling the same old loser ideas they've been babbling for years.
Glad you're enjoying the method and good wishes to you.
Regards,
Pete Lowenstein

sacman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan and wife are both doing great. So are the youngsters. No health problems for him.
I chat with him regularly and will be up there at his place next month for some study on the table.
Trying to convince any of those goofuses is the least of his concerns. They've made their choices to be a goofus and they will be dismissed as such.
You would be amazed at how many top players all over the world are getting with this CTE aiming method. It truly is revolutionary. Some are using it right and left but will never tell anyone....it's best kept quiet once learned. There are players who look at new ideas and want an edge to win prize money, you know.
All of us CTE users just snicker when we see the "pool scientists" babbling the same old loser ideas they've been babbling for years.
Regards,
Pete Lowenstein

Thanks for the update! I've checked his FB page and haven't seen anything current so was wondering.

I am envious of your time spent at Stan's. Oh the ties of a full-time job and serious music activities on the side that keep me from doing the same.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
sacman
congratulations on your improvement
:thumbup::thumbup:

raistlinsdragon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Regards,
Pete Lowenstein

While your up there, check and see when we can expect seeing the book come out.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While your up there, check and see when we can expect seeing the book come out.
I already know, but sure not saying it around this place.:thumbup2:
Thanks for your interest in the method. You'll be very, very, pleased.
Have a good one and regards.
P. Lowenstein

born2push

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I already know, but sure not saying it around this place.2:

Thanks for your interest in the method. You'll be very, very, pleased.

Have a good one and regards.

P. Lowenstein
I used to practise for hours and would play good but if i slacked off of constant practise my game would decline as expected. I have not mastered cte but i can say i play much more consistent with less effort since using cte. You see so many great players in pro tournements. No one is really dominating like before. So you have to wonder what has changed. I think cte has been a key factor in the growing number of great players
But most great players will not want people to find out the reason of thier success or thier aiming system.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I used to practise for hours and would play good but if i slacked off of constant practise my game would decline as expected. I have not mastered cte but i can say i play much more consistent with less effort since using cte. You see so many great players in pro tournements. No one is really dominating like before. So you have to wonder what has changed. I think cte has been a key factor in the growing number of great players
But most great players will not want people to find out the reason of thier success or thier aiming system.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

How many if those European and Asian greats now do you think have secret aiming systems?
I think none.
They all see the shot and shoot it shooters.
JS ran 626 balls with no secret aiming system.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Why don't you go take a poll for us. Might shed some light on the discussion.

Not really because when they tell you they don't, you're going to argue they're keeping it a secret.
Like when Bustamante, Deuel and Schmidt said it on video.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Not really because when they tell you they don't, you're going to argue they're keeping it a secret.

It's hard to believe that the secrets..knowledge (the right practice) good stroke, an perception. You can own it at the price of time put in at the table . Many have want but not the time.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

No argument really. Just giving you a chance to prove what "you think" is happening. I believe Schmidt, but Bustamante and Deuel have both said contradicting things on video and in person. So we will never really know about those two but I THINK they use systems.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
It's hard to believe that the secrets..knowledge (the right practice) good stroke, an perception. You can own it at the price of time put in at the table . Many have want but not the time.
A person I know and I had dinner with Parica in Pioneer. CA one time.
He was taking lessons from Jose.
Jose told us by the time he was 12, he could run 15-ball rotation.
He said his brain is just like a computer when he's on the table.
And he told his pupil not to use English unless he has to.
Told him Busti misses shots because he uses spin often when not needed.