Web sites

Tinbender

Registered
I am wanting to set up a web site for my room and was wondering whether to do my own or if you other owners maintain yours or have someone do it for you . If someone does it for you who would you recommend? As with most poolrooms cost is important.

Thanks ,Paul

highrun55

can`t make a ball anymore
Silver Member
web sites

Tinbender said:
I am wanting to set up a web site for my room and was wondering whether to do my own or if you other owners maintain yours or have someone do it for you . If someone does it for you who would you recommend? As with most poolrooms cost is important.

Thanks ,Paul

I do my own site using microsoft front page.
it is very easy to use and changes are done instantly.
it can get costly with high speed cable, a service provider to host the web site files etc.

I only do mine for fun and to let potential customers know about us and billiards too!!!

www.thebilliardstour.com/

highrun55
the houseman at d&d family billiards

cueandcushion

Cue & Cushion_STL_MO
Silver Member
Find a part timer

I am lucky that I found a woman that does it in her spare time. I dont use the website for selling so updates are not super critical. I truly think that websites are no longer a luxury but a required part of any successful business today. Just for informational purposes only the free advertising available is worth it. Good luck on your site. Visit ours and tell me how I did!

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
We have got a friend to build the site for us. Easy to update about events, and easy for customer to find information about the poolhall.

I would recommend you to get a deal with a player. There is always a poolplayer who does websites, so you can get it real cheap.

www.elbowroom.no

smittie1984

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Our pool table store is about to start a website. It's being worked on right now. I'm not so sure what all is going to be done. But I agree that websites are key to any business now.

A lot of places have also started using "Myspace" to promote their bar/pool halls/etc. They allow people to add themselves as friends to the place of business. That way they can recieve bulletins about say tournaments or specials. And the locals can interact with each other on the web page. It's also free to do and easy to set up. Chances are many people in your poolhall right now are on myspace. Even the Marines have a webpage that you can add as a friend.

Here is a group (Which is different than a profile) I started called Georgia Billiards. I took it and made it as simple but interactive as possible. I linked other similar groups (And they did the same for me) on myspace. Then I made a section that features pool halls in Georgia with Websites. Which you can look at to get some ideas. And if you go to the link for "THE INDEPENDENT" you'll see what I mean about a pool hall with a friends account there.

Hope this helps and good luck
Mark

Last edited:

breaktime2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Found a reasonably priced pro

Our web site was done by an Information Systems professional. His wife happens to be one of my long time bartenders. This kind of work is often completed remotely so I don't think you need a local to do it. Find out who created a web site you like and ask him/her to develop yours. You will need to keep the site updated with your league, menu, and tournament information once it is completed. Ours can be found at www.breaktimetenpin.com. Email us thru that site and we can put you in touch with him. Good luck.

G.H.

akaTrigger

Hi!
Silver Member
Tinbender said:

Thanks ,Paul

Hi Paul,

I design and maintain several pool related websites. If you still need one, PM me and I'll send you a list of the URLs to see if you're interested in my work.

Melinda