I'm quitting APAšŸ˜ž..Lost the local APA Championship last night

DCS_SF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody else see anything strange in this statement?

Some of the biggest complainers are the people who think it should be easy. It's supposed to be hard. How can you be too high and still win at all, much less get to the top 16 out of hundreds of teams in Vegas?

Yes we see it, but the poster and OP don't.

People will never stop *****ing about handicaps, ever.

However you are a league operator and therefore the devil, and your constant evaluation and adjustment of my game (aling with the APA algorithm) tells me you are are cheating me!

PS - If you happen to be LO (which you probably aren't) please don't up any of my lower rank players before our Hawaii tournament or I will start a thread about what a cheater you are and how much handicaps and leagues suck. Two or more threads if I actually lose. I will stomp my feet and act like a baby and threaten to quit.

Skippy27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm NOT upset we lost but because of TWO other factors:
1) Some lower ranked players are not open to learning. They get upset because you called a timeout and things like that. That is not a winning team environment!!

You have to remember that you need low players on your team. Some just want to play as a social thing and enjoy being with a team but have no desire to improve. They "may" get better over time, but don't really care. However, they bring stability to your team in that they will play with you for extended sessions, remain at the same rating and you will learn their strengths and weaknesses to assist in coaching. They do need to learn when to take a coach and to accept one being forced upon them, especially when it is at a crucial time. I would never remove a player for not being "good enough", but I would certainly remove them for not taking coaches when they should.

Bigkat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
@hang_The_9
You're clearly better than I am. Idk what I would be in TAP though. Probably a 5 since you're a 6

jmarcum1984

Registered
I am not sure if it is sangbagging, but I play guys during regular session that miss 3 or 4 times a rack, win some lose some, but then in a tournament that counts, they run 5 or 6 balls consistently and get out. I know some just play for fun during session, but then buckle down during playoffs, but that puts those of us that try hard to win every week a skill level or even two higher than the guys that goof off all session. Last night our solid 6 had a very hard time beating a 4 that usually misses several times during a rack, but last night ran out several racks. It went hill/hill, and then I think the lack of focus on a regular basis caught up to him and he didn't finish the last rack when he had the chance.

Skippy27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not sure if it is sangbagging, but I play guys during regular session that miss 3 or 4 times a rack, win some lose some, but then in a tournament that counts, they run 5 or 6 balls consistently and get out.

Some players simply fall apart under pressure of league, but if they are shooting well during tournaments where the pressure is even higher than I would say without a doubt they are sandbagging, especially if they do it consistently. It is one thing to have a good night or maybe even a pretty good weekend. However, you have to work at it to do it consistently.

The teams in your division need to identify this and start marking those misses as defensive shots. If you are familiar with the player make note of how they change their playing style. I know one that when he is not shooting to win it takes him about 5 secs per shoot and he just moves his balls around the table, but then when he is trying to win he changes his entire preshot routine.

goombavskoopa

Registered
The handicap seems right if the balls were that close but don't you think if you are highest rated in 8ball shouldn't you be highest rated in 9ball also which is an easier game??? so who is the real sandbagger?

I completely disagree. Some people see the pattern in one game better than the other. and In my personal opinion, 8 ball is the easier game. While there is more traffic and balls to work around....there's also more than one ball to shoot if you get snookered. in 9 ball if youre out of position than youre screwed

jus4funbilliard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't agree with the comment about doing well in tournaments and bad in league. I've been a six in Apa for a few years with a good win percentage, went to nationals last two years. Won a few big matches to help the team get there. Last two sessions gone to hell. Done ok in local tournaments. For some reason just lost total focus in Apa.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't agree with the comment about doing well in tournaments and bad in league. I've been a six in Apa for a few years with a good win percentage, went to nationals last two years. Won a few big matches to help the team get there. Last two sessions gone to hell. Done ok in local tournaments. For some reason just lost total focus in Apa.

I agree with you as far as how most people play but their are exceptions.some people such as myself play a whole lot more defense in playoffs or higher than they do durong regular session.