Fake cue! Iam sorry even iam fooled

cornerstone

Psalm 91:15
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
162   0   0
http://www.cornerstonecues.com/cue436.htm
this cue was sold and it is not real had a call from the maker to inform me ! I will take any offer as long as i can have a promise that it will be sold accordingly! it has great work and straight and playes great! people need to be honest in this industry!! it is sad when a dollar overrides integirety. it is important to represent cues as they are. I would have given the man good money for this cue . but now iam out a large chunk. nobodys fault but my own

lexgideon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
wow feel sorry for u but i have to say nice work done by whoever made this.... it even got a signiture on......well if u want sell it give me a pm I am interested..

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
hmmmm

Rather than hope the new owner does the right thing, would it be better to mark this cue somehow, stamped Mottey Tribute Cue or something to that affect. Because eventually this will be passed on to some unsuspecting sucker years down the road. Just a thought.,..

the diesel

Proud Pa Pa!!!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I think bill is a very good honest christian man!He did not have to post this but he did it anyway!I would say an extremely high percentage of dealers would have just pulled it from their site and kept quite about it!I respect you for being honest about it!I guarantee you bill will stand behind anything he sells!

VonRhett

Friends Call Me "von"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Rather than hope the new owner does the right thing, would it be better to mark this cue somehow, stamped Mottey Tribute Cue or something to that affect. Because eventually this will be passed on to some unsuspecting sucker years down the road. Just a thought.,..

?? It's not a "tribute" to anything or anyone. This is a 100% knock-off, in every sense of the term.

Major kudos to Bill for calling it out. One should never doubt his integrity.

-von

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
141   0   0
Gggrrrrrrr

I wonder if the previous owner knew it was a fake? Bill, I am sorry this had to happen to you sir! I hope you can recover some of your money to somehow offset the loss. I guess integrity was pushed to the side for the mighty dollar.

hachi808

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
nice cue though...

it sucks that things like this continue to go on. i wish there were a way to prevent it. unfortunately i had a similar experience happen to me because seller cared more about was making a buck of of some counterfeit piece of s**t!

i guess COA's should be included even when there are signatures or logos on the cue. (ha, then we'll see a bunch on counterfeit COA's too!)

geno

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I am confused. Is it the Paul Mottey in the link and if it is why are you still selling it with the name Paul Mottey ??

Or is it a totally different cue ?

I am not questioning your integrity here or anything like that but I am confused as to why your page states it is a Mottey?

http://www.cornerstonecues.com/cue436.htm
this cue was sold and it is not real had a call from the maker to inform me ! I will take any offer as long as i can have a promise that it will be sold accordingly! it has great work and straight and playes great! people need to be honest in this industry!! it is sad when a dollar overrides integirety. it is important to represent cues as they are. I would have given the man good money for this cue . but now iam out a large chunk. nobodys fault but my own

Last edited:

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Cue?

The picture of the joint pin looks like a 5/16x18 thread pin and I don't think Paul Mottey ever used that style pin. His standard pin was a 5/16x14 pin. I've owned many Mottey cues and they all had 5/16x14 pins.

It's pretty sad when someone even forges another cue makers signature on a cue!

James

brokenarrowjbe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
It is a counterfeit, how much is it worth? Sand off the signature and post a price. The signature looks stamped on, not signed. Doesn't Mottey put the cue number and the year on his cues, ie, 11-95 ?

inas502

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
cornerstone this was the right thing to do..... You are a stand up person,next time im in the market for a new cue i will have no problem lookin you up....

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
260   0   0
I would have given the man good money for this cue . but now iam out a large chunk. nobodys fault but my own

Is this your cue? Its hard to understand when you say you would have given good money for it but you are also out money. Situations like this show how little class people have and how scandelous people are. I have bought a few cues with the understanding that they were well known makers and they turn out to be fraud's. For instance, I bought a Tim Scruggs sneaky pete a few years ago with TS in the delrin buttcap and when I sent Pictures of it to Tim he said it was definetly not one of his cues. It had kind of funky ringwork and I thought it might have been an early cue or something someone requested. I was at a well known cue dealer's shop in the Indianapolis area once and he had bought a "Southwest" online I think it was and it turned out to be a $100 import knock off. These things happen and it truley is a shame. I hope all turns out well for you Bill.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Is this your cue? Its hard to understand when you say you would have given good money for it but you are also out money. Situations like this show how little class people have and how scandelous people are. I have bought a few cues with the understanding that they were well known makers and they turn out to be fraud's. For instance, I bought a Tim Scruggs sneaky pete a few years ago with TS in the delrin buttcap and when I sent Pictures of it to Tim he said it was definetly not one of his cues. It had kind of funky ringwork and I thought it might have been an early cue or something someone requested. I was at a well known cue dealer's shop in the Indianapolis area once and he had bought a "Southwest" online I think it was and it turned out to be a $100 import knock off. These things happen and it truley is a shame. I hope all turns out well for you Bill.

I think in this short term instance, its going to work out pretty poorly for Bill. I'm sure the cue is worth less than he paid and it sounds like he doesn't have anyone to roll over on. Hopefully, it will work out good in the long run and people will remember that Bill did the right thing here. When confronted (privately) with the facts, he made them public and instead of trying to pass his problem along to the next guy, he let the chips fall on him.

I'm impressed. I'm almost ready to start a little "bail Bill out of the Mottey fiasco fund" (please please please, see the "almost" at the start of that thought).

Thanks

Kevin

DawgAndy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
a few things
a) in 1985 Motteys looked like Szambotis
b) don't blame the cuemaker, whoever made this cue probably didn't put the
signature on it, Az has had it's share of sketchy sellers and that fits M.O. of two that come to mind
c) the cue is not a fake it's a counterfit
d) there;s no way this cue should have fooled someone that sells as many cues as you do Bill, there's absolutley 0 Mottey about it, more older DP than PM
e) since you'll take any offer, I'll take it for 10 bucks and you pay the shipping

on second thought I don't want it, just bandsaw it