CSI BCAPL Changes Hands

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good stuff. Wasn't aware of the double lung replacement. Or even that was possible. This MG dude is a freaking rock.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Ozzy seems qualified to run anything...pool is lucky to have him.

....and I never thought I would say this to a guy...:eek:
“Mark, nice set of lungs.”

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ozzy is good people, for sure. We were sad to see his growth take him away from the east coast, but happy to see him enjoy success in his chosen field.

His extensive big-boy-business experience is precisely the type of big-picture thought that pool needs.

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Csi

There are no planned changes except the normal improvements currently in the works. In the long run, this is the best for CSI and the pool world.

Ozzy will continue with the goals that CSI has championed, plus add his own. This is how everything gets to the next level.

Most pool fans should embrace this evolution, it’s the best for the pool world. And some will not approve——so let the haters hate.

Mark Griffin

Poodle of Doom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are no planned changes except the normal improvements currently in the works. In the long run, this is the best for CSI and the pool world.

Ozzy will continue with the goals that CSI has championed, plus add his own. This is how everything gets to the next level.

Most pool fans should embrace this evolution, it’s the best for the pool world. And some will not approve——so let the haters hate.

Mark Griffin

Thanks for the information.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I seem to remember him coming on here and acting like a complete jerk. I told MG he should cut his losses.

There was a "multiple personality" problem a few years ago. But posting on AZB is a little different from running CSI's leagues and events, so I doubt it's relevant to his new position.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know Ozzy rubbed some people the wrong way on here years ago. (I never met him in person). IMO, you need someone like him, that has a backbone, in charge of herding the cats. May CSI live on and grow past what Griffin ever imagined!

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know Ozzy rubbed some people the wrong way on here years ago. (I never met him in person). IMO, you need someone like him, that has a backbone, in charge of herding the cats. May CSI live on and grow past what Griffin ever imagined!

I've worked quite closely with Ozzy the past couple years. He is smart, of high integrity, and he works hard. He is a straight shooter-- the kind of person who can promote cooperation and make things happen.

I think Mark Griffin has had the foresight/vision to grown and nurture something that now has had a bucket of miracle grow dumped on it.

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've worked quite closely with Ozzy the past couple years. He is smart, of high integrity, and he works hard. He is a straight shooter-- the kind of person who can promote cooperation and make things happen.

I think Mark Griffin has had the foresight/vision to grown and nurture something that now has had a bucket of miracle grow dumped on it.

Are you calling Ozzy a pile of fertilizer??? lol.

Sorry to see Mark step back - not because Ozzy will be bad, but because Mark is one of the great guys in the game and his presence will be missed.

Poodle of Doom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you calling Ozzy a pile of fertilizer??? lol.

Sorry to see Mark step back - not because Ozzy will be bad, but because Mark is one of the great guys in the game and his presence will be missed.

The article does seem to suggest that he'll be helping in some capacity.

Although Griffin is officially "retiring" from CSI, he will continue to be a trusted advisor and will be given the title of CEO Emeritus to denote his perpetual status as founder, honor his distinguished service and recognize his continued council. Reynolds added, "Mark Griffin isn't disappearing. His knowledge and experience is an asset and we will continue to utilize it as much as possible."

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Good stuff. Wasn't aware of the double lung replacement. Or even that was possible. This MG dude is a freaking rock.
Neither did I until Mark told me about it. Then I moved to San Diego and met a pool player who had it done 20 years ago. I hooked him (Michael) and Mark up. Mark gets to ask someone who's live with the procedure and who does speaking engagements on it; Mike gets a connection to one of the biggest names in the sport that he loves.

And Ozzy is awesome. Some day, I'll work for him :)

Freddie <~~~ in T-minus 7 days