Gus Szamboti 70's

hachi808

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There was a range and your number is at the top. There were rejected offers that were near midway. As mentioned by many, it's value is only what one is willing to pay. It doesn't seem like you really want to sell.

The way the market is, your asking price doesn't leave much room for growth in the near future. Not many people who appreciate and recognize the Szamboti name can afford to buy and wait another 10-20 years hoping the values increase.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

runscott

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
From the first moment people have been collecting anything the story has played a big part in an items value and can make the difference from one item being more desireable and eventually worth more than another similar...

If the cue were mine, I would try to get a hold of Barry and ask him to photocopy the page out of his dads book showing your order and then I would write a very detailed story of everything I remembered about what led me to order including my conversation(s) with Gus, what my thoughts were during the wait, receiving it, playing with it, and anything else I could think of. Sign it and take it down to my local bank and get it notorized. Most banks do it for free if you're a member. This will give you the best chance to maximize your sale.

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
I have been scared off by the rumors of possible cue confiscation at the Expo so those of you that messaged me hoping to see my cue in person this weekend, I will not be there. Good luck in your pursuit of those rare Gus Szamboti's :)

Cue confiscation?

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wondering if any high end Gus Szamboti cues sold at the Expo and at what price?

Attended the show all 4 days.
There were a several on display and a couple were sold.
But when the dealer and the buyer discussed prices they always took the conversation out of sight of others.
As I did work a booth with my friends, I was aware of prices but the actual price must remain with the buyer to share if they so choose to do.

In the meantime...
There were many Ivory Handle cues on display by other cue makers and many with lots of ivory inlays.
Nothing at the expo was confiscated that I am aware of.

Myron

Logdog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is great news about having no confiscations. However, it is bad news for the community that the prices are being kept a secret. Oh well.....

Logdog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Will there be a lot of cue dealers for used high end cues at the BCA Expo this weekend?

sureman183

Got "Boti's" ??
Silver Member
usually most sales at BCA are for dealers buying new products. mostly Asian cues & new products. not collectible cues. you've chosen to miss the best shows of the year, because of fear. i suggest you keep it in your safe, or chain it up. that way it will be safe. but not much exposure. regards, Don aka Sure Man Cues

Logdog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, Another year has gone by so I stopped in to check what is happening in the high end Gus Szamboti cue scene before the Derby Classic. Is interest up or down? Thanks

sureman183

Got "Boti's" ??
Silver Member
i go to the Derby City Classic every year & have a booth. it looks a little better than last year, but was much better 5 yrs ago. probably never get that good again. but you probably wo'nt sell it by pictures. you need exposure. serious buyers want to examine a cue for that much money. go to a show. Derby or SBE & pick a trustworthy dealer to display it for you. thats your best chance at selling it. and also the safest. if you walk around w/ a sign, your asking to be robbed, in my opinion. just my 2 cents worth. Don aka SURE MAN CUES

Logdog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another big 10 day tournament/vendor experience ended at Derby City. What was the atmosphere like for the high end Gus Szamboti cues? Anyone willing to share some prices to help keep everyone educated?

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Another big 10 day tournament/vendor experience ended at Derby City. What was the atmosphere like for the high end Gus Szamboti cues? Anyone willing to share some prices to help keep everyone educated?

The market is worse every day, keep waiting and eventually you can just give it away

Logdog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is certainly disappointing to hear the market for high end Gus Szamboti cues is getting worse every day. Is interest in pool in general worldwide going down as well?

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

A very nice Barry Szamboti was sold for over $13K.

My opinion, if you want to sell it for market value it would be sold. Several have offered opinions on price.

I never have an issue selling cues, houses, cars, or anything else. Price it appropriately and it will sell.

If I wanted to sell any of my cues, they would be gone. If you just want to "fish" I suggest getting a pole.

Ken

deadnutz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A very nice Barry Szamboti was sold for over $13K.

My opinion, if you want to sell it for market value it would be sold. Several have offered opinions on price.

I never have an issue selling cues, houses, cars, or anything else. Price it appropriately and it will sell.

If I wanted to sell any of my cues, they would be gone. If you just want to "fish" I suggest getting a pole.

Ken

Couldn’t be said better. 2 years of posts....... it doesn’t get any more honest than this reply.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member

Were you able to sell the billiard balls and box set?