Rick Spurio-Denver player

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After a short battle with cancer he has passed.
Rick was one of the nicest people I've ever met in a pool room or anywhere else.
He always had a big smile for everyone.
He also was a fine pool player.
RIP my friend.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Really sad tragic news.
Ive been following Rick's Journey on Facebook.
Rick was my favorite guy at the pool hall and a great player.
Everybody liked Rick, I just spoke with him at the end of March
This happened so fast

RIP

Lynch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't personally know Rick all that well, but the few times I talked with him were pleasant. He came off to me as a very nice and modest guy, with lots of enthusiasm and a genuine love for the game. Sad news.

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
Rick was one of the nicest people I've ever met in a pool room or anywhere else.
RIP my friend.

I'm sorry for your loss of a friend.

One of the more sobering aspects of spending so many decades in the same pool room ( 67 to present ) has been seeing all the old regulars drop out, one by one... sometimes everyone's aware there's an issue with someone and some just... never walk through the door again. Either way, it's been a strange phenomenon.

Again, sorry for the loss. Sure sounds as if he was a good guy.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I'm very sorry to hear this. Rick was always friendly every time I saw him at FELT, and he clearly loved pool. RIP Rick.

Salamander

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RIP my friend.

I'm sorry to hear this. Rick loved one pocket and was an excellent player. I learned how to play the game by donating to the Spurio one pocket fund when playing at Table Steaks. I had no idea he was sick.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I received word of Ricks passing earlier today and hit hard. I could always count on seeing Rick when I made it to Felt. I know he was a very good player at rotation games but his one pocket game was beautiful. I only played Rick once but many times I watched his game on the table next to me.

RIP Rick and my condolences to his friends and family.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Do you have a picture of the man?

Here he is Bill
Great guy
He will be missed

FB_IMG_1559445845653.jpg

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jin and I just heard the sad news today at Felt. Rick was always so encouraging with Jin, always talking about him and telling us pool stories. Rick will be surely missed by many, very sad time.